Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Mortal Throne of Nazarene

Mortal Throne of Nazarene
March 23, 2011, 05:43:08 AM
I noticed it wasn't reviewed by DLA, Any reason why?

Re: Mortal Throne of Nazarene
March 23, 2011, 06:06:30 AM
 I dont know what to think of this album, it seems all over the place.  It starts off killer, and the first quarter of demonic incarnate is pure evil, but it wanders off somewhere and gets boring.  This is kind of the situation for the whole album. Craig Pillard's vocals are awesome, and the album has its moments but i dunno, its not a very solid release IMO.

March 23, 2011, 07:28:03 AM
Who knows really, but count me in for thinking it should be included. The third and fourth tracks are probably forgettable, but the rest of the album, particularly the climactic "The Ibex Moon," destroys.

March 23, 2011, 09:25:02 AM
The third and fourth tracks are probably forgettable,

Disagree. Those songs are fucking urgent and punishing. They fit in the context and provide the perfect lead up to Nocturnal Dominium/Ibex Moon. Blissful Bloodshed on the other hand should have been placed as the 3 track. I kinda feel they put it there just for the sake of having a "grindcore" song.

March 23, 2011, 04:21:36 PM

just a guess, but probably because they reviewed that EP, which shares many tracks.  I think it was the right call, the EP's better - "Mourning of Angelic Anguish," right?

March 23, 2011, 05:23:29 PM
The 'Angelic Anguish' EP only contains three tracks from 'Mortal Throne' which are bonus, live studio recordings that sorely miss the guitar tone of the full-length.

March 24, 2011, 12:12:21 AM
Other than always wishing Craig's vocals were higher in the mix, I've always considered MTON a work of sheer brilliance - not quite at the Golgotha level, but yet magnificent in its own right.

March 25, 2011, 07:03:33 AM

If it's any consolation Onwards to Golgotha review was only fairly recent, but it was kind of essential.

March 25, 2011, 12:10:15 PM
This is a monster of an album. So what if it's not as good as OTG? It's still an A/A- record. If you deny yourself this album simply because it doesn't live up to the previous, then you're really doing yourself a disservice.

I'd very much enjoy an ANUS review of this work.