Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Crustcore and Hardcore Punk

Crustcore and Hardcore Punk
December 25, 2004, 12:04:22 AM
any of u guys listen to crust, or old hardcore? i know they are totally unrelated but i was just wondering?

Re: crust
December 25, 2004, 10:12:53 AM
I do listen to crust Llke, Amebix,  Concrete Sox, Extinction Of Mankind, Axegrinder, Hellbastard. As for old hardcore then Discharge, Chaos UK, Cro-Mags, The Accused , though the last two are more of a crossover.
I am in the process of seacrhing old crossover, hardcore, crust band.May you have any tips, recomendations - shoot.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

December 29, 2004, 07:52:31 PM
Same here.

Discharge, Amebix, Exploited, DRI, Cro Mags, etc, etc.

I also like Middle Class, Stitches, 70s infused punk.

NOFX's Liberal Animation is by far, IMO, one of the best later generation punk rock records ever. Too bad they decided to persue other goals after that album....

vomit.

August 05, 2005, 09:59:33 PM
This is another one of those genres where I wonder really how many albums do you need... Discharge did it right the first time. It would be boring to listen to too much of it!!!

August 13, 2005, 03:52:55 PM
Haven't gotten into crust that much, but i do like Discharge and Amebix.

Re: Crustcore and Hardcore Punk
September 25, 2006, 05:19:14 AM
I've been collecting hardcore punk and thrash/crossover for a number of years.

In my opinion the real gems in the hardcore punk scene came from the U.S.A. ... though the aforementioned Limey stuff is a good starting point.

Just some name drops for now. I'll post a few of these on Audiofile if my connection will allow it.

Hardcore punk:
-Antidote - Thou Shalt Not Kill 7"
-Urban Waste -  Mob Style 7"
-Negative FX - self-titled
-State of Alert - No Policy 7"
-Deep Wound - self-titled
-Doomsday Massacre - wake up or melt down 7''
-Iron Cross (D.C.)
-Negative Approach
-Jerry's Kids - Is This My World?
-Ill Repute - Land of No Toilets 7"

Crust is difficult to define, and generally annoying as shit (see: Crass, Nausea) but I'd suggest two staples no one has mentioned yet:
-Doom (U.K.)
-Crucifix - Dehumanization

Thrash/Crossover noteworthies:
Attitude Adjustment - American Paranoia
Crumbsuckers - Life of Dreams
Impulse Manslaughter
Lethal Aggression

I think it'd be a shame to overlook early albums by well-known bands such as:

Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies
Prong - Primitive Origins
Cryptic Slaughter - Convicted
and Agnostic Front's first few releases.
----------------------------------------------
Fite dat muthafukin' plague!

September 25, 2006, 07:56:12 AM
I second the Doom mention, and am currently upping their releases for the audiofile section.

Could never get warm with much hardcore punk, though. Maybe something will come out of this thread.
Did I just say that out loud?

September 25, 2006, 03:39:10 PM
I like Doom, Anti-Cimex, The Exploited and some hardcore punk bands like Minor Threat, Raw Power, Articles of Faith, Poison Idea etc.

Looking to get into more of the stuff though for the most part like metal a lot of it seems to be redundant and uninteresting.

September 25, 2006, 10:18:14 PM
You could indeed pretty much just stick to DISCHARGE and AMEBIX and call it a day, however, other good examples of the style would be: SKITSYSTEM, DOOM, HIS HERO IS GONE, TOTALITAR, MASSGRAVE, STATE OF FEAR..but it's true, how much does one need?

As for hardcore punk, I like BLACK FLAG (even the later stuff, esp. 'In My Head'), MINOR THREAT, THE MISFITS, GBH, BAD BRAINS, etc.

Mike

September 26, 2006, 12:38:29 AM
http://www.roir-usa.com/8244.htm

A fine compilation. Noteworthy:

Fiends
The Mad
Even Worse

September 26, 2006, 03:02:42 AM
yeah ..Crust !!!!

thought you merged crust and hardcore..it also sits quite near to grindcore.............

infact what were bands like Disrupt ( \m/ )

i heard some newer crust/'gind studff fomr th enet that slays.........

what of dropdead...old seige..............

good to know people still lsiten to this stuff.........it is still some of the most honest direct no BS music out there

September 26, 2006, 03:53:19 AM
Disrupt is probably one of the stupidest bands I've ever heard, even worse than Agothacles.

September 26, 2006, 04:00:43 AM
kultron if its about stupidity, then you are on the wrong page............

we are talking about CRUST/HARDCORE
............... and DISRUPT is right up there with rest...they were short sharp and angry as fukc while also having decent production and muscianship (given the scene).....and like em or hate em AGAThOCLES are a corner stone of grind....so there...speakin fof which you shouldtry some His Hero is Gone or Morser...two radically intelligent yet different intrepetations of thew whiole crust/ gind/core/metal thang.....

maybe you should try the threads for DEP, Maudlin of the Well etc

September 27, 2006, 03:46:12 AM
Extreme Noise Terror!

Septic Death!