Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Band logos

Band logos
October 29, 2014, 12:36:14 PM

Saw this while out and about the other day and thought it resembled the Demilich logo or something. I love it when stuff like that just springs out at you. If I think back to the time when I first got into underground metal, I remember this as seeming like a part of metal tradition i.e. there's always got to be the unreadable logo that resembles some man-made or inorganic form, neatly tucked away in the right or left hand corner depending on the overall cover design.

Of course a lot of the appeal is going to in some way depend on how well the aesthetic elements fit in with the music, but it might also be the case that aesthetic acts as a vector for a given meaning based on how moving the music is on the whole.

Some favourites of mine have been Summoning, Beherit and Darkthrone I guess. You see the logo and then it just springs out and hits you. You know it's the mark of quality!

Re: Band logos
October 31, 2014, 09:08:16 AM
It's funny when a band like DEATH gradually adjusts its logo in accordance to the increased amount of bad music inside the record sleeves.

October 31, 2014, 11:31:30 PM
I can also add that DEMILICH! was the first thing to pop up in my head when seeing that picture.

November 21, 2014, 06:35:29 AM
The album (EP) is special project, a sort of a music story based on the Egyptian mythology. Four interconnected songs, together forming a closed concept. Metaphorically speaking, it was a sort of a «religious» experience of the conscience penetrating into the sphere of gods. The Arabic scale enhances the feeling of authenticity flowing through the entire creation.