Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Let's play: Find the Piano

Let's play: Find the Piano
March 26, 2011, 03:12:37 AM
I wanna have a little game. List as many good songs as you can think of that begin with a piano. The more intense the rest of the track, the better. Bonus points if few or none of the lyrics are easily discernible. Obscure is good, but not vital. To make this interesting, name only songs from 2007 and earlier. There will be delicious cake for everyone that plays. I'll be looking too.

Ready? Go!

Re: Let's play: Find the Piano
March 26, 2011, 03:38:09 AM
Why, are you trying to prove all songs that start with pianos suck or something?

Off the top of my head:

At War With Self - The God Interface
Borknagar - The Genuine Pulse
Ephel Duath - The Greynesses Grow Already Old
Obtained Enslavement - The Dark Night of Souls
Summoning - Dagor Bragollach
Winds - What is Beauty

...but it's possible I'm confusing piano with keyboard in some places.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

March 26, 2011, 04:09:20 AM
Piano man
I will slash and burn and salt the earth so that nothing will grow.

March 26, 2011, 05:17:54 AM
Why, are you trying to prove all songs that start with pianos suck or something?

What makes you say that?

...but it's possible I'm confusing piano with keyboard in some places.

It doesn't matter much. I'd actually like to make a playlist if I can find enough to work with.

Okay, I've found a few.

"If I could Fly" by Helloween
"Bleed" by Angel Dust
"Last Rite/Loved To Death" by Megadeth
"Burnt Offerings" by Iced Earth
"Starcrossed" by Arcturus
"Paradise Lost" by Symphony X

There's a really epic one I heard randomly a few years ago that I'm hoping I'll rediscover. It sounded awesome, like the mad bastard child of Slipknot and Cradle of Filth.

March 26, 2011, 11:12:26 AM
Bathory - Of Doom, starts with a reverse piano note. Do I win? Gorguts - Condemned to Obscurity as well.
In a state of permanent Abyss

March 26, 2011, 01:21:30 PM

There's a really epic one I heard randomly a few years ago that I'm hoping I'll rediscover. It sounded awesome, like the mad bastard child of Slipknot and Cradle of Filth.

And this would constitute a good song why?

As for my song:

Phobophile - Cryptopsy

March 26, 2011, 03:06:20 PM
List as many good songs as you can think of that begin with a piano. The more intense the rest of the track, the better. Bonus points if few or none of the lyrics are easily discernible. Obscure is good, but not vital. To make this interesting, name only songs from 2007 and earlier. There will be delicious cake for everyone that plays.

"Jo" B., Variations on an Original Theme

This one is really intense and epic. And absolutely none of the lyrics are discernible. I say you found what you were looking for.
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

March 26, 2011, 07:54:18 PM

"Jo" B., Variations on an Original Theme

This one is really intense and epic. And absolutely none of the lyrics are discernible. I say you found what you were looking for.

It doesn't turn up in searches. Where can one hear this track?

Bathory - Of Doom, starts with a reverse piano note. Do I win? Gorguts - Condemned to Obscurity as well.

Those are good. We're not quite finished, but I promise there shall be cake. Delicious. Fucking. Cake. ;)

March 26, 2011, 08:35:46 PM

What makes you say that?

Just an educated guess, but never mind then.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

March 27, 2011, 03:24:54 AM
Deathrows Deception Ignored has a great instrumental w piano beginning. Title escapes me. I also dig Billy Joel now and then

March 27, 2011, 03:37:02 AM
Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 3

March 27, 2011, 09:05:08 AM
Gorguts - Condemned to Obscurity as well.

Love this into, it's reminds me of Morbid Angel's "Desolate Ways" transferred to piano.

March 27, 2011, 09:12:35 AM
Speaking of Morbid Angel "Blessed Are the Sick", the last track  is ALL piano: "In Rememberance".