Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Maryland Deathfest: Who's Going

Maryland Deathfest: Who's Going
March 26, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
I'm having trouble finding a group to go. I plan on leaving from Florida if anyone is anywhere nearby and willing to get paid for gas.

Re: Maryland Deathfest: Who's Going
March 27, 2011, 05:52:39 AM
Skip this, save your money, and head to San Antonio TX for Rites of Darkness 3!!

March 28, 2011, 03:01:39 PM
Don't listen to lord.spam, and go to both! (If you can afford it)

I can't, but I didn't know about Rites Of Darkness until I had already booked everything for MDF. I'll be at the fest. I usually wind up doing a roll call in the MDF thread which is somewhere in the news section.

I'm staying at the HIE across the street. Where's everyone else staying?

March 29, 2011, 01:27:00 AM
Don't listen to lord.spam, and go to both! (If you can afford it)

I can't, but I didn't know about Rites Of Darkness until I had already booked everything for MDF. I'll be at the fest. I usually wind up doing a roll call in the MDF thread which is somewhere in the news section.

I'm staying at the HIE across the street. Where's everyone else staying?
HIE as well, hehe.

Rot

April 04, 2011, 02:17:58 AM
ijf you can't afford both none of the sacred Anus teachings apply to you, only sacrificial suicide taking out Watain with a bomb strapped to your chest will grant you a dismissive nod from Anusian lords. MDF was good last year, this years lineup not so good. Last year was Sadistic Intent, Asphyx, Autopsy, The Chasm, that alone was awesome enough, dunno about this year, if I go I'm gonna beat the shit out of some trainhopping crusty scum, if there is an Anus grouping which I doubt will happen (I'd love to mean Prozak in person) there should be some bum beating involved

April 04, 2011, 03:26:19 AM
ijf you can't afford both none of the sacred Anus teachings apply to you, only sacrificial suicide taking out Watain with a bomb strapped to your chest will grant you a dismissive nod from Anusian lords. MDF was good last year, this years lineup not so good. Last year was Sadistic Intent, Asphyx, Autopsy, The Chasm, that alone was awesome enough, dunno about this year, if I go I'm gonna beat the shit out of some trainhopping crusty scum, if there is an Anus grouping which I doubt will happen (I'd love to mean Prozak in person) there should be some bum beating involved

I'm up for demeaning those trust fund crusties. This year has Cianide, Impaled Nazarene, Exhorder, Exhumed, COC, Doom, etc. Pretty good lineup, though last year's was superior; I agree. If you're going, I'll be staying at the HIE and you're welcome to drop by there.

April 05, 2011, 04:29:00 AM

I'm up for demeaning those trust fund crusties. This year has Cianide, Impaled Nazarene, Exhorder, Exhumed, COC, Doom, etc. Pretty good lineup, though last year's was superior; I agree. If you're going, I'll be staying at the HIE and you're welcome to drop by there.

Do not forget Dead Congregation!!!

April 05, 2011, 08:44:58 PM
A somewhat ANUS-aligned group from the northeastern United States may be traveling to San Antonio.

April 05, 2011, 08:59:17 PM
If you'll be passing Chicago in your travels, count me on board!

May 03, 2013, 05:40:56 AM
2013 edition.

Who's going to be there?

Lineup this year (I've bolded bands of interest to me as well as the site, left out a few personal favs. Also, I'm not sure about some of the other bands, any suggestions on good ones?):

MDF XI
May 23-26, 2013

at Former Sonar Compound:

ABIGAIL (Japan)
AHUMADO GRANUJO (Czech Republic)
AMBASSADOR GUN
ANHEDONIST
ANTAEUS (France)
AOSOTH (France)

ASCENSION (Germany)
ASTHMA CASTLE
BENEDICTION (UK)
BOLT THROWER (UK)

BROKEN HOPE
CARCASS (UK)
CARPATHIAN FOREST (Norway)
COBALT
CONTRASTIC (Czech Republic)
CONVULSE (Finland)
CRUCIAMENTUM (UK)

DEIPHAGO (Philippines)
DOWN
EVOKEN
GLORIOR BELLI (France)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
IHSAHN (Norway)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
INIQUITY (Denmark)
INTEGRITY
KOMMANDANT

LOSS
MANILLA ROAD
(the) MELVINS
MIDNIGHT
NOISEM
THE OBSESSED
PAGAN ALTAR (UK))
PALLBEARER
PELICAN
PENTAGRAM
PIG DESTROYER
REPULSION
REVENGE (Canada)
RIGHTEOUS PIGS

SACRED REICH
SLEEP
SPEEDWOLF
VENOM (UK) <---- not trolling
VINTERLAND (Sweden)
WEEDEATER

at Baltimore Soundstage:

CITIZENS ARREST
CONVERGE
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
EDDIE BROCK
FULL OF HELL
GEHENNA
HEARTLESS
HELLSHOCK
ILSA
INFEST
IRON LUNG
KROMOSOM (Australia)
LIKE RATS
MAGRUDERGRIND
MASSGRAV (Sweden)
OLD LINES
ROTTEN SOUND (Finland)
SETE STAR SEPT (Japan)
TERVEET KÄDET (Finland)
TINNER (Finland)
TRAGEDY
VITAMIN X (Netherlands)
WAKE (Canada)
WEEKEND NACHOS

Interesting that there's 2 venues this year.

NHA

May 04, 2013, 11:46:42 PM

I'm up for demeaning those trust fund crusties.

What are there 5 of them in the whole country? Resentful pauper much?

Anyway, the social context that creates trust fund crusties is somewhat interesting.  Seems related to the Russian literary concept of the Superfluous Man:

The Russian critics such as Vissarion Belinsky viewed the superfluous man as a by-product of Nicholas I's reactionary reign when the best educated men would not enter the discredited government service and, lacking other options for self-realization, doomed themselves to live out their life in passivity. Scholar David Patterson describes the superfluous man as "not just...another literary type but...a paradigm of a person who has lost a point, a place, a presence in life" before concluding that "the superfluous man is a homeless man".

What goals does America popularize besides "make money"? The utility of money has diminishing returns (below a certain threshold that can be reached by private individuals). What happens when you've effectively reached the limit of whats worth earning?

The concept of a rich man going incognito and interacting with the lowest tiers of society is a very common literary trope.

May 05, 2013, 12:19:45 AM

The concept of a rich man going incognito and interacting with the lowest tiers of society is a very common literary trope.

If you're seriously going to suggest that these kids are doing something worthwhile with their time, you're misguided. I'm not poor, I grew up pretty well off, and I'm thankful for that. There's a lot more than 5, I've seen plenty of them.

They have the audacity to peddle for change while texting on their iPhone. Fuck 'em.

I don't think making money should be the prime goal just because I'm an American. When I've reached my limit of earning, I'd spend it in wiser and less selfish ways than impersonating a hobo.

Are you going to go, or what?

May 05, 2013, 12:47:21 AM
Haha :) This thread is looking up.
I'm tempted to fly off to Maryland, first-class, impersonating a wasteful capitalist millionaire, just to see what kind of weirdos go to a scene like the one you mention.

May 07, 2013, 07:36:38 PM

Whole lineup is garbage, except maybe Antaeus. Convulse get kvlt-points but their material is below average compositionally though aesthetically on-point (same deal with new material). Would see a "best-of" Dark Descent concert, not their upcoming showcase.

May 10, 2013, 02:40:54 PM

If we go to Austin, I can find you five of them in ten minutes.

You are fortunate to live in an area where this plague is not commonplace. Many hipsters, "artists" and crusties are trust-fund babies. This is what happens when we make getting wealthy contingent on often (but not always) trivial things.