Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Incantation "Onward to Golgotha" re-rele

Incantation "Onward to Golgotha" re-rele
August 13, 2006, 07:03:15 PM
INCANTATION - deal with Relapse Records to rerelease "Onward to Golgotha"
Added : 09 August, 2006 by : Ricardo

Relapse Records posted the following newsfact on their homepage:

Long heralded as one of the heaviest, sickest, and most uncompromising death metal bands in the world, New Jersey's Incantation has forged a legacy of brutality unmatched by any other American group. In 1992, the bands most celebrated lineup entered a then unknown Trax East Studios with a then unproven engineer Steve Evetts and emerged with Onward to Golgotha, the most dark and blasphemous death metal record to date. The combination of the inhuman growl of vocalist Craig Pillard, the ruthlessly savage aural malevolence, and pitiless anti-Christian attack was the ultimate musical sacrilege. Onward... redefined the bounds of brutality and blasphemy for the entire genre of death metal. This is absolute brutality!!! Includes a free DVD with three full live sets from the Onward... lineup, expanded artwork, and more.

The releasedate of the rerelease of "Onward to Golgotha" will be the 31st of October this year.

( Wasn't there one of these already? )

Re: Incantation "Onward to Golgotha" re-
August 14, 2006, 05:45:22 AM
OtG has never been re-issued.

This is great news.  Relapse actually got something right!

Wolfbane

August 14, 2006, 06:49:45 AM
Wow I'm tempted to buy this even though I have the original. Relapse does a class job on reissues so I'm expecting good things from this.

August 15, 2006, 10:17:22 AM
OtG has never been re-issued.

This is great news.  Relapse actually got something right!

Not true, it has been re-issued at least once (as part of Relapse's "Underground Series"), and I believe went into a second pressing before that as well.

August 15, 2006, 11:39:38 AM
Really?  Strange.  Those other two runs must have been tiny, since it still goes for over $50 on ebay.

August 15, 2006, 12:17:52 PM

Not true, it has been re-issued at least once (as part of Relapse's "Underground Series"), and I believe went into a second pressing before that as well.

I don't doubt a second pressing (basically an exact re-run of the first), but there is no "Underground Series" of this one (limited print runs, to which I don't think they would subject one of their most acclaimed early releases).

Excerpt from the Relapse site's Underground Series discography:
Goreaphobia       Omen of Masochism       11/01/1993      CD      Underground Series      
Hypocrisy       Pleasure of Molestation       04/01/1993      CD      Underground Series      
Incantation       Upon the Throne of Apocalypse       08/01/1995      CD      Underground Series      
Monastat-7       Now Available Without Prescription       11/01/1994      CD      Underground Series

August 15, 2006, 12:52:02 PM
Really?  Strange.  Those other two runs must have been tiny, since it still goes for over $50 on ebay.

Then buy it elsewhere, it really isn't that hard to find, my friend.

August 15, 2006, 02:07:20 PM

I don't doubt a second pressing (basically an exact re-run of the first), but there is no "Underground Series" of this one (limited print runs, to which I don't think they would subject one of their most acclaimed early releases).

Excerpt from the Relapse site's Underground Series discography:
Goreaphobia       Omen of Masochism       11/01/1993      CD      Underground Series      
Hypocrisy       Pleasure of Molestation       04/01/1993      CD      Underground Series      
Incantation       Upon the Throne of Apocalypse       08/01/1995      CD      Underground Series      
Monastat-7       Now Available Without Prescription       11/01/1994      CD      Underground Series

The list on their site is far from complete, as there are several "Underground Series" releases not mentioned at all, including the re-issue of God Macabre's The Winterlong.  I suspect, but cannot prove, that the releases on the site itself are those which are still available in stores.

August 15, 2006, 03:10:04 PM
I suspect, but cannot prove, that the releases on the site itself are those which are still available in stores.

If that was true, none of the ones I cited would be listed (the INCANTATION was limited to 2000, the other three were limited singles which have long since been deleted, or included as bonuses on re-issues in HYPOCRISY's case).  

GOD MACABRE is listed, but mistakenly without the "Underground Series" designation.

I guess it is moot being that it WILL be re-issued, which means that at least one posuer I know will be able to finally own it.

August 15, 2006, 03:29:55 PM

I think the Underground Series was the little slipcover cases and had something else.

I think it has been re-issued at least once, as I've seen it for sale with a different cover. However, it's possible this was just a wet dream (moaning under the covers: "and I'm naked and... and... it's Onward to Golgotha!!!1! Oh gods here I come" -- summon cleaning service in morning).

euronymous

August 15, 2006, 11:43:05 PM

The list on their site is far from complete, as there are several "Underground Series" releases not mentioned at all, including the re-issue of God Macabre's The Winterlong.  

Or Amorphis-Privilege of Evil