Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Technology will save us, so fuck it.....

Re: Technology will save us, so fuck it.....
March 28, 2011, 02:21:57 AM
Social assistance, fair global trade, global modernization. How feasible is that?
True, but reducing or eliminating subsidies for the chronic hopeless is a practical goal, especially during an age of social decline and economic distress. What passes for America's right wing is composed of entitlement and subsidy slashers as a major platform item. Reducing the public debt is therefore sometimes a euphemism for ditching useless and parasitic people.

I'm not denying that eugenics is the easiest solution, but you must consider more alternatives. In any case, selling the idea of eugenics is difficult, and you must weigh the social aspects of it. In the eyes of the public, would it be deemed ethical? Why weren't the other alternatives considered instead? We've already seen politicians being decreed as evil for supporting anything that restricts rights.

March 28, 2011, 02:27:29 AM
In theory, I like the idea of their Resource based economy. Using the scientific method to determine what the earths resources are, how to better sustain them and use them WISELY. However I can't see how they could balance the rest of the earths resources with the nearly 7 billion people now desperately grabbing as much of it as possible. Sure, they throw a whole bunch of numbers at you, but this is based on faulty data and hopeful projections. Grasping at straws while the earth is burning seems doomed to failure.

March 28, 2011, 07:07:24 PM
Their Uber-optimism is admirable, and I'm sure it nets them a lot of supporters, but it also leads them into some common Liberal pitfalls, ie "People partake in destructive behaviors because they're uneducated" or "IQ is non-existent":

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=230&id=327853
Note the Tabula Rasa tripe towards the end. Up until then their utopian ideal seemed to adhere to empiric principals!

Can enlightenment really be "taught" en masse? Is just anyone capable of achieving enlightenment? Or is there a kind of threshold?