Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Fruity proof of god's existence

Fruity proof of god's existence
April 10, 2011, 01:50:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

(let's not overdo the phallus references)
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow — RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

Re: fruity proof of god's existence
April 10, 2011, 02:03:11 AM
I totally agree with this.
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

April 11, 2011, 05:56:25 AM
Actually I thought the video I posted is very serious subject matter, it really speaks to the nature of an important religious movement in the world today, and one that DLA opposes. I think it's a funny video, but also a powerful video. Although I already knew pretty much how silly those Christian extremist folks were before I saw the video, I could easily imagine that many of my fellow Montrealers would be very shocked to see that video, because in this city we're not really exposed to Christian extremists too much at all (thank goodness).
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow — RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

April 11, 2011, 06:40:47 AM
i think its sad...in away..to look how stupid people can get..and of course the stupidest of all are religious people, that just proves that the only way the world is to rid from the big three religious, is by hasting that nuclear war and purging the earth and giving them thier armagadon..

"What marks the death of 'god' is the twilight for a dark age
His creation being plagued with the venomous blood of ours
The sky suffocates eclipsed by a black mist of hatred
Where goodness cannot reach the fire burns in dark flames " Dissection. storms of the lights bane, Retribution - Storm of the Light's Bane

April 11, 2011, 05:27:43 PM
"humor":
i think its sad...in away..to look how stupid people can get..and of course the stupidest of all are religious people, that just proves that the only way the world is to rid from the big three religious, is by hasting that nuclear war and purging the earth and giving them thier armagadon..

Where goodness cannot reach the fire burns in dark flames " Dissection. storms of the lights bane, Retribution - Storm of the Light's Bane

Yeah yeah sure...
Ever noticed that there live idiotic atheists on this world, too? Idiocy is not a privilege of the religions.
Sometimes it helps to see the big picture. Which is that you simply don't believe in God. Fine by me; but please, don't throw around lame excuses if there have been much better arguments by more intelligent human beings.

Also, every nation has the kind of religious extremists it deserves.

(What is an extremist anyway? Sounds like a plastic word to me.)
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

April 11, 2011, 05:48:55 PM
"humor":

Yeah yeah sure...
Ever noticed that there live idiotic atheists on this world, too? Idiocy is not a privilege of the religions.
Sometimes it helps to see the big picture. Which is that you simply don't believe in God. Fine by me; but please, don't throw around lame excuses if there have been much better arguments by more intelligent human beings.

Also, every nation has the kind of religious extremists it deserves.

(What is an extremist anyway? Sounds like a plastic word to me.)

i know stupidity is not exclusively for religious people, thats why i said the stupidest of all are religious which they are, 99% of religious people believes in what thier parents taught  them to believe, sheep following the horde, and then arguing about it...
P.S : just because you know how to line words next to each other and make a sentence doesnt  mean your intelligent

April 11, 2011, 05:56:21 PM
What about knowing how to write after having been taught in school?
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

April 11, 2011, 06:00:56 PM
Secular humanism gets pretty retarded at many points as well. The lesson here is that the stupid can take anything promising and dumb it dry of any potential it could have had. A genius can identify something promising and amplify its potential. We need to be judging, blaming or praising people, not the tools or traditions they have gotten hold of.

April 11, 2011, 06:32:07 PM
The lesson here is that the stupid can take anything promising and dumb it dry of any potential it could have had.

Yes. Stupidity is always stupid. On the other hand, the value of opinions differs greatly.

Honestly, the two guys above, while maybe simple, could be decent fellows. At least they underwent some organization and will listen to an authority.

Here is an intelligent comment on the "design argument" for a change:
The teleological proof of God is supported, for example, by the extraordinary combination of conditions that make life on earth possible; another demonstration results from the biological homogeneity of the organic world and the equilibrium between species, an equilibrium derived from this homogeneity precisely. And this leads us to the Hindu myth of the primordial sacrifice of Purusha: all living beings issue from the sacrificed members of the celestial and “prematerial” body, and from this arises both the differences between creatures and the equilibrium of creation. Purusha contains all possibilities: luminous and dark, fiery and cold, violent and peaceful; from these comes the opposition between certain species in the world, an opposition—between carnivores and ruminants, for example—corresponding nonetheless to a biological equilibrium, which cannot be explained apart from the existence of an underlying unity. Man can upset this balance—at least abnormally—and he does this by means of his machines and serums, in short by all those inroads into nature that come about through the ac­quisitions and misdeeds of modern civilization; this does not prove that the teleological proofs lack validity but on the contrary that man has something of the divine about him, and this something—which in the preceding example is manifested in an evil form—shows that man is in reality an “exceptional” being, that his position is central be­cause he is situated beneath the divine axis, and that his final end can therefore be found only beyond the material world. Man is made for what he is able to conceive; the very ideas of absoluteness and transcendence prove both his spiritual nature and the supra-terrestrial character of his destiny.

April 12, 2011, 03:00:13 AM
Secular humanism gets pretty retarded at many points as well.

Secular humanism is Christianity with humans made into a God, replacing a supernatural one.

There is no way to prove or disprove God, least of all because God is not very clearly defined. Dualistic God? Pantheistic godness? Hindu godhead? Greek God as source of Gods and evil alike?

Any real proof of God will be an exhaustive examination of the patterns of energy transfer in life, and an attempt to build an architectonic argument. Good luck; most of us will have fallen asleep or died by page 1800. However, I encourage this endeavor.

Whatever exists that made what is here is divine, and whether it's a supernatural god or some glorious impulse in the matter of this universe, I don't care -- I am thankful and reverent toward it, because life is a great gift. A gift unmeasurable. Even with sodomy.

Re: Fruity proof of god's existence
April 12, 2011, 04:50:03 AM
Coming from a Christian background where the bible is interpreted literally this video really didn't shock me as much as it probably did a lot of people. But to give Christians some slack i will say most of them aren't this outlandish.