Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Is ANUS serious?

Is ANUS serious?
April 09, 2011, 07:26:12 PM
Servants of death, enchanter of pain
From the land of no return, you'll kill again
Smear the blood on naked corpse
Manson.

[Chorus:]
Fruity proof of God's existence
No resist
Hear the voice of subsistence

There is darkness in his eyes
And you won't see it, before you die
Feel the knife of the Lord Divine's
Existence

It kinda fits.

Is ANUS serious?
April 10, 2011, 04:50:08 AM
Servants of death, enchanter of pain
From the land of no return, you'll kill again
Smear the blood on naked corpse
Manson.

[Chorus:]
Fruity proof of God's existence
No resist
Hear the voice of subsistence

There is darkness in his eyes
And you won't see it, before you die
Feel the knife of the Lord Divine's
Existence

What has been seen...

I will never listen to Deicide in the same way again.

Is ANUS serious?
April 10, 2011, 07:37:21 AM
I'm really confused about whether or not I'm being trolled here very frequently.

Is ANUS serious?
April 10, 2011, 03:26:51 PM
cocks are the perfect shape for the human mouth too. sometimes they even curve toward the face to make the process that much easier. i think the fruity proof of god's existence proves that god himself is fruity.

Is ANUS serious?
April 10, 2011, 03:38:19 PM
It's ironic the existence of the modern banana is actually the result of a genetic mutation that turned out to be beneficial for human consumption and so preserved by farmers. In fact this caused the gene pool to be minuscule since the mutation only happened to handful of banana plants, and now this variety of modern banana will become extinct in the years to come. Who says God doesn't play dice?

Is ANUS serious?
April 10, 2011, 10:47:41 PM
I'm really confused about whether or not I'm being trolled here very frequently.

This forum needs to troll itself, and to keep an alert but not ironic sense of humor, to avoid being inundated by the Sad Gertrude types who want to come here and tell us all about how the world is fucking ending tomorrow. We know Western Civilization is in decline; we also know it's a slower process, starting with values, and that it isn't going to result in the world wearing a nuclear halo tomorrow. We also know that Sad Gertrude types generally want to bitch up a storm, drink a lot, then wake up the next day and go to work so they can earn lots of money to live in gated communities and cease doing anything about the situation, even when they have a fair amount of spare time. Thus, the constant chaotic battling. I have come to love it, after seeing how staid, stagnant and repetitive most forums get. Metal Hall has evolved its own survival mechanism and I think it's a good one.

Re: Is ANUS serious?
April 14, 2011, 02:23:39 AM
Trolling = quality control.

Use the il messaggaro non e importante principle. Disconnect the words from who said them - even from what their intent was (which is not to say that you should necessarily ignore these factors - just that they should be treated separately). Make what you want of the text; look for the deepest meaning you can. Messages need not be literal, they need not even be consciously planted.

April 14, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
Trolling = quality control.

Use the il messaggaro non e importante principle. Disconnect the words from who said them - even from what their intent was (which is not to say that you should necessarily ignore these factors - just that they should be treated separately). Make what you want of the text; look for the deepest meaning you can. Messages need not be literal, they need not even be consciously planted.

Uh yeah and this is stupid because it makes (non)sense?

April 14, 2011, 09:03:03 PM
That wasn't a very tolerant reply. It was probably homophobic in intent, which isn't very Canadian.

April 15, 2011, 05:48:51 AM
Disconnect the words from who said them - even from what their intent was (which is not to say that you should necessarily ignore these factors - just that they should be treated separately).

Or my own version of this, which is to say we should ignore the drama and focus on the argument. Trolling keeps us from becoming like everyone else, fascinated by the personal and the emotional, when we have actual data and concepts to talk about.

April 15, 2011, 09:08:14 PM
A better line of questioning and learning experiences is: Would it matter to you if you found out that ANUS was not serious? Would it change your outlook and if so, why?

April 15, 2011, 09:32:12 PM
Or my own version of this, which is to say we should ignore the drama and focus on the argument. Trolling keeps us from becoming like everyone else, fascinated by the personal and the emotional, when we have actual data and concepts to talk about.

The eternal class object is important. An instance derived from it and only temporarily fed into memory is unimportant. Unfortunately the learning curve on this vital principle is going to be too steep for mainstreaming. Its lack is why we are mired in politics rather than benefitting from philosophy guiding our societies.

April 15, 2011, 11:24:50 PM
A better line of questioning and learning experiences is: Would it matter to you if you found out that ANUS was not serious? Would it change your outlook and if so, why?

I think it would only matter to the "follower / prole" types who tend to rely on leaders to do the thinking for them. They'd be upset because they put so much effort in adjusting to anus dogmas and used the forum for social purposes that meant a lot to them. To the "independent thinker / leader" types it wouldn't matter, they learn from any experience and they know how to stand on their own two feet. They could move on without even stumbling.

Personally I think anus.com is serious but it also has its much needed non-serious moments. It's great to see intellectuals who don't take themselves too seriously, who are proud people but not wallowing in self-importance like most users on an average "intellectual debate" forum.

And besides, I think shock-tactics were always part of anus.com. This site seems to have always promoted thinking for yourself in the end. On this forum there is definitely some diversity (sorry to use that word Prozak, lol) For the most part the people who hate on anus.com are just angry that they don't have anything real to fight for. Or they just don't get it yet.

April 16, 2011, 07:51:26 AM
That wasn't a very tolerant reply. It was probably homophobic in intent, which isn't very Canadian.
At least it's plenty Quebecois.