Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Site Changes

Re: Site Changes
August 16, 2006, 12:06:07 PM
V - Z.

August 16, 2006, 07:34:15 PM
Ildjarn's done. UPDATE: There were still some spelling errors, so the link below is second draft.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7OZ79FI

I also fixed the tracklisting for DFN, some spelling errors, and meta-data such as release years. The reviews I left intact. ;)

By the way, the class "black_metal_review" is not showing properly on Firefox.

Next targets: from Immolation to Intestine Baalism.

August 17, 2006, 12:26:36 AM
Immolation, Immortal, and Impaled Nazarene.

The rest will follow tomorrow.

August 17, 2006, 04:32:42 AM
I'll stop for now as I need to know if I'm doing this right. I had two or three little things I wasn't sure of, so I'd better have an answer about this before I continue.

What's the unsure part? I checked your work and everything seemed just fine.

August 17, 2006, 05:20:41 AM
At the top, I used the meta-data which is used in the current pages, without using the exact formulation used in the template for the new design, for example.

I used both meta-datas whenever possible, favouring the more extensive/descriptive information.

At the bottom of the pages, I erased the class of the links for the genres pages to allow me to do like on the Averse Sefira page given as example and put the "Arial, Helvetica" line : the template given sometimes seems to be in contradiction with the new Averse Sefira page.

You probably should have used the class one instead: it represents the newer design.

Also, I was tempted to reverse the order of the Massacra releases to follow the chronological order of releases, but I saw that the text of the first review was more or less "presenting Massacra", so I didn't touch to the order of the reviews. Etc...

I have already reversed the order for several bands, though I may have to revert the changes (it won't be too much of a work) if it doesn't work well. Generally, it makes a better approach to band's material when it's presented chronologically.

Besides, the vast majority of the reviews are meant to work as independent articles.

Annihilaytorr

August 17, 2006, 07:39:13 AM
The new anus.com/metal page still needs scrolling from side to side to view the entire page on either IE or Mozilla. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

August 17, 2006, 03:38:32 PM
What is your display resolution?  It is nowhere near requiring scrolling for me (1280x1024), although the scrollbar does appear in those browsers (but not in Opera).

Annihilaytorr

August 17, 2006, 04:42:02 PM
Yea, playing with the display res fixed it.

August 17, 2006, 07:21:40 PM
Thank you all who have contributed.

We are going to incorporate these into build 0.63c for our next upload update, probably tomorrow or saturday Texas time.

Here's a little bit of something useful:

FTP view

What you download via your browser isn't the original file... it's the original file as processed through a bunch of stuff.  So here's what the template looks like. You'll notice the archive contains several directories:

/metal/averse_sefira (multiple files)
/metal/about/ (a single css file)

if you unRAR this to a drive, say for example "C:\", you can then type this into your browser:

file:///c:/metal/averse_sefira/index.html

And see the file with the CSS working :)

(Index.html files, placed alone in a directory, become what you get when you type that directory name as a url)

I will fix these up with other changes and get them online as soon as possible.

Today's updates from me are HTML/CSS fixes to try to get the tables on the main pages to stop periodically being non-deterministic, template upgrades to several layers of sub-pages, and a few of the As I did earlier.

August 17, 2006, 08:03:46 PM
HTML/CSS upgrades completed so far:

Antaeus
Averse Sefira
Ildjarn
Immolation
Immortal
Impaled Nazarene
Imprecation
Infester
Infernum
Inquisition
I Shalt Become
Intestine Baalism
Massacra
Mütiilation
Vader
Varathron
Veles
Voivod
Von
Watain
Witchfinder General
Xibalba
Yamatu
Zyklon-B

August 18, 2006, 09:00:17 AM
Antaeus
Averse Sefira
Immolation
Imprecation
Infester
Infernum
Inquisition
I Shalt Become
Intestine Baalism
Massacra
Mütiilation
Voivod
Von
Watain
Witchfinder General
Xibalba
Yamatu
Zyklon-B

These are now online. The hard work by all is appreciated.

I will be fixing label pages next, which is not the most glorious of any labors.

August 20, 2006, 11:41:20 AM
All pages downloaded, now applying as best I can.

A few requests:

1. Put in folders. E.g. not "ildjarn.html" but a folder named "ildjarn" with "index.html" in it.

2. Put images in local folder, as done in Averse Sefira example.

3. When in doubt, use /metal/template.html

<3 all volunteers <3

August 20, 2006, 06:22:10 PM
Your changes have been integrated into the build and will be uploaded Wednesday (over 250 pages changed, so it's gonna be a big upload taking several hours).

Please don't stop :) but help us by keeping more in place. While we can fix some stuff with computer programs, there's a lot that can only be fixed... by hand (like late night lust in prison).

August 21, 2006, 09:22:10 AM
OK. So we upload a .rar file containing a folder named after the band, inside of which we put both the HTML page under the name "index.html" and the album cover images. Simple. What about the mp3 samples files ? Do we put them too ? They were in the Averse Sefira folder.

Yes. Here's how it looks on the server:

/metal/averse_sefira:
index.html
averse_sefira-blasphomet_sin_abset.jpg
aversesefira1-3.mp3

"index.html" is the name the webserver gives to a default file in any directory; I have been renaming images:

band_name-album_name.jpg

and leaving mp3 names as is

i will update kontinual's list (a good idea, as you mention) after next upload, as i will have changed some other pages too