Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Meetings

STS

Re: Hessian Meetings
August 27, 2006, 08:06:29 PM

Good post.

I'd almost ask for you to construct a "how to" manual for Hessians but putting skills onto paper (into words) is tricky. Somethings you need to see how to do it in order to do it yourself.

That said, if there is anything that you think you could easily write and make it clear then perhaps it could be uploaded to hessian.org. There is a page for culture and one for lifestyle. The latter attempts to induce practical thinking but needs expansion.

What do you think?

Thanks for the response. Here’s what I think- Any manual intended to instruct Hessians on how to store food, clean a rifle or skin a deer will require actual participation in these activities. It is not enough to simply “read” about them. However, this should not denote a lack of interest in written material on my part- there is much already available but I think less of which would probably be “Hessian Friendly”. I have begun to compose some of my own work which I can submit when ready. It will be a slow and tedious process, but I think well worth the effort.

September 01, 2006, 04:56:17 PM
A few of us are going to meet up to see Dismember in NYC:
http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=3465

(Everyone who was crying about the shopping mall thing can now rest easy!)

September 03, 2006, 12:15:35 AM
A few of us are going to meet up to see Dismember in NYC:
http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=3465

(Everyone who was crying about the shopping mall thing can now rest easy!)

Cool. Can you post names? Or otherwise just send a private message, I'm interested in keeping tabs on who is doing something. For a few months there it seemed like no one was interested in organizing meet ups.

September 16, 2006, 10:59:41 PM
anyone from tampa, or south florida

September 19, 2006, 03:15:18 PM
A couple of months back someone posted a link for an eBooks site that had an emphasis on philosophy. I found that quite enjoyable. Perhaps the Hessian meetings could include some sort of reading list that would provide fodder for renewed discussion at every meeting.

Obviously, (good) books about metal and black/death/experimental metal in particular are hard to come by, but the books of philosophy that some bands base their lyrics on are not. Perhaps one segment of the meeting could be devoted to discussing an album and the specific philosophy it espouses. If it generates good discussion and furthers the cause of the Hessian, then the album and the book would be posted as part of the group's profile or "Favorite books" so that other groups could explore the same discussion.  

Just an idea.  By the way, anyone in Mississippi interested?

September 19, 2006, 05:34:07 PM
Any Hessians in western North or South Carolina, east Tennessee or SW Virginia?  I'm looking at trying to organize some sort of Hessian society for the Appalachian High Country and would like to see who might already be in the region.

September 25, 2006, 07:15:06 AM
I see this idea emerging here out of necessity: a list of people and where they live.

Something on these lines:

Username / location / email

John666 / Greenland / bigman1488@mail.go

[edit: email may not be necessary for now, I can always post a link to a user's profile. Assuming users have private message enabled.]

I'll take charge of compiling the list of details and then publish in the first post and most likely on the Hessian myspace.

Concerns:

1) increased spam mail due to spiders - we can try and disguise them. Gmail has a fairly good spam filter.

2) Moron mail, "Hy, wanna meet up??!!?" - filter these yourself.

With that in mind, submit details by posting below.

September 25, 2006, 07:50:14 AM
Concerns:

1) increased spam mail due to spiders - we can try and disguise them. Gmail has a fairly good spam filter.

This is no more of a problem than email for members on this message board. The solution is to not list email data, but to have a "contact this person" feature with a server side script handling the input and SMTP to recipient.