Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Jon Nodtveidt reportedly commits suicide

Re: Jon Nodtveidt reportedly commits suicide
September 01, 2006, 07:53:08 PM
Jon is my GOD from now on...  ;D

September 08, 2006, 07:29:26 AM
Sad to hear

Annihilaytorr

September 08, 2006, 08:51:28 AM
No one is going to speculate he died of an AIDS related suicide? pity...

Metal is going to be fun in the coming years as more and more aged metallers start to kick the bucket. They are dropping faster than pro-wrestlers these days...

Vajra

September 08, 2006, 11:43:39 PM
I'm just waiting for Lemmy's state funeral.

January 25, 2007, 03:01:12 PM
This is a Message out to all you assholes who are saying that he is a weakling for committing suicide, Trashing their newest album Reinkaos, and saying he deserved to die because he killed someone.

First off he committed suicide in a satanic ritual on the date of the Azurati(the date when the anti-cosmic gods break through the barrier into the cosmos) so he could be a sacrifice to what he believes in, and if you dont believe it then why else would he kill himself in a pentigram with candles around it?

And Second the man he murdered was indeed a homosexual, also he was trying to join a satanist cult that Jon was a member of and im quite sure homosexuallity was not allowed in the cult so the dude must have pestered the shit out of Jon or done something way worse to make him kill him, and if any of you say "ohh well that doesnt mean he should kill the guy" you should remember Jon Nodtveidt was a fucking Satanist so in Jon's mind the man must have deserved it.

Now why dont you all stfu because Jon Nodtveidt was a great man and created great music.

January 25, 2007, 03:33:41 PM
you didn't even touch on his later albums being bad though, but i second what 2018796668 said in that its good if you view it as an iron maiden work as opposed to anything else

Also no on has yet said anything bad about his murder of a homosexual and i also have no quell with his suicide, its a way in which you accept oblivion and take  everything into your own hands

but i just reckon his music is lacking, it sounds like gorgoroth's album Antichrist put through a time warp and made more iron maiden then gorgoroth, i think dissection contributed nothing new to metal but that is not to say it went without its charms

im also aware gorgoroth wasn't a very good band to use but it was the only one that came to mind

but to be so offended by this thread im guessing you must be a fan boy as opposed to an objective fan

mreed75

March 05, 2007, 09:34:03 PM
No one is going to speculate he died of an AIDS related suicide? pity...

I've lurked here far longer than I have posted and every time someone in metal dies, I await the AIDS accusations.  

Poor Jon...  Whether one liked Dissection or not, it's pitiful when degenerate philosophies can influence a man to end his own life.  The information on the Dissection home page was so sad, asserting he was happy towards the end, that they had never seen him more focused and content.  Does that mean he was so daft that he was jolly as he went to his pointless death or does that mean his brother and bandmates desperately need to paint that his suicide was a good choice for Jon.  Regardless, it is incredibly saddening.

March 06, 2007, 09:04:01 AM
I've lurked here far longer than I have posted and every time someone in metal dies, I await the AIDS accusations.  

Poor Jon...  Whether one liked Dissection or not, it's pitiful when degenerate philosophies can influence a man to end his own life.  The information on the Dissection home page was so sad, asserting he was happy towards the end, that they had never seen him more focused and content.  Does that mean he was so daft that he was jolly as he went to his pointless death or does that mean his brother and bandmates desperately need to paint that his suicide was a good choice for Jon.  Regardless, it is incredibly saddening.

Why on earth is it sad? If he wanted it that way, why does it bother you? Life means many different things to different people. No need to be such a melodramatic "humanitarian" about it. He did what he wanted to...good for him.  

aimanirrajim

March 10, 2007, 04:26:45 AM
considering that the world pretty much isn't worthy to be living in, his suicide is understandable. or perhaps he was too curious about death?

so, who's next on the celebrity bashing list? have any of you written off Dead?  ;)

March 29, 2007, 07:50:53 PM
have any of you written off Dead?  ;)

No, he beat us to it.

Roger Patterson never gets dissed here, or the guys from Massacra who died in a car wreck, or Cliff Burton.

Just the poseur-trend-whore-fags.

Pontus

March 30, 2007, 01:04:15 PM
The reason that no one talks shit about Cliff Burton is probably that the Cliff Burton-AIDS connection is to obvious to have any value of beeing discussed.

April 04, 2007, 06:39:54 PM
Hanging around the guys in Metallica will give you teh AIDS.

Jon Nodtveidt died because he understood the UFO-JFK-911 connection. Fear the Masons!

April 06, 2007, 06:33:19 PM

Why on earth is it sad? If he wanted it that way, why does it bother you? Life means many different things to different people. No need to be such a melodramatic "humanitarian" about it. He did what he wanted to...good for him.  

"Many different people" might have appreciated a future album or two with his contribution, hence the humanitarian approach. He bereft the fans. 8)

Discovering this band at the moment, having heard only Reinkaos. Thumbs up. Have to admit I was initially put off by them after hearing about (constant) satanic themes, which to me is about as appealing as christian metal.
I like my metal shaken and stirred, but not with any types of crosses, if that chimes any chimes. Religion shouldn't rule music.
To the point: decided to give Reinkaos a listen and it isn't the piece of crap some of you're making it out to be; going to hunt down a few more albums.
Any recommendations?

April 06, 2007, 06:36:41 PM
Any recommendations?

SACRAMENTUM - Far Away from the Sun

April 06, 2007, 06:51:53 PM

SACRAMENTUM - Far Away from the Sun

agreed, they sound like early dissection (the somberlain) except composed much more proficiently.