Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

LADY GAGA attempts to pirate metal authenticity

This is copied from a press release and may never have happened:

Lady Gaga has been a roadie for Iron Maiden.

The 25-year-old singer is a huge fan of the heavy metal group and offered to do chores for them backstage when they met in Tampa, Florida during the band’s The Final Frontier World Tour.

Refusing to take the £90-a-day roadie fee, Gaga dismissed her superstar status to carry out tasks such as ironing, preparing stage gear and handing out drinks and cigarettes to band members including singer Bruce Dickinson, bassist Steve Harris and drummer Nicko McBrain.

A source said: “It’s a side to Gaga we’ve never seen. She is a massive Iron Maiden fan and was willing to be at their beck and call, just to hang out with her idols.

“She was humming along to their hit 'The Number of the Beast' while carrying out her chores. And after all her hard work backstage she was rewarded with some drinking games.”

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=129752&fm=newsmain,nrhl

Mainstream Madonna-clones often like to hype up their metal cred so they appear more 'real' and 'authentic' than simply being pop stars.

so, she uses her zeitgeist status to get herself backstage at a Maiden show last month and hums a song everybody knows .  that Lady Gaga sure is the real deal and her press release seems to corroborate it. 

Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

Number of the Beast sucks.

That's Jonas Akerlund right? This cunt hole better not start name-dropping Bathory in interviews.
First Ozzy Osbourne does a commercial with The Bieber Christ and now this.

There is something at least slightly satisfying about the mental image of her washing Dickinson's soiled underpants or the like.   

So two big proponents of homosexuality meet. Too bad they didn't do a Burton and drove off a Cliff.

She's so fucking metal. I'm going to go purchase her newest cd at best buy, along with Amon Amarth's and Behemoth's! THE DAWN OF THE NEW AGE OF METAL IS UPON US!!!

The guy in the picture is one of Iron Maiden's guitarists (I think his name's Adrian).

My view: Gaga likes Iron Maiden. So what? Let her; she's just a passing trend anyway. Perhaps a few will discover Iron Maiden through her and begin their journey down the metal road.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

The guy in the picture is one of Iron Maiden's guitarists (I think his name's Adrian).

It's Nicko McBrain, the drummer.  Kind of sad that most folks on this board can identify Lady Gaga but not a member of Iron Maiden.

It's Nicko McBrain, the drummer.  Kind of sad that most folks on this board can identify Lady Gaga but not a member of Iron Maiden.

That's slightly relieving. haha.  Jonas Akerlund did direct one of her music videos, though, which is actually not a surprise because he's been in charge of similar abominations for years.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_%C3%85kerlund

Nicko and Adrian look very similar.

Sorry I failed the metal exam, I just don't really pay attention to Maiden's material anymore (everything since Fear of the Dark has been pretty bad).
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Kind of sad that most folks on this board can identify Lady Gaga but not a member of Iron Maiden.

I can't ever keep them straight. I really know nothing about the bands I like except the music. I don't even read the CD booklets most of the time. It's usually shit, and reading the lyrics just embarrasses me a lot of the time. But this is how I know Nicko McBrain:

Go ahead and call me a nerdfaggot-girlyman for liking Dr. Who (around here, fondly referred to as Dr. 'Ho)

Sorry I failed the metal exam, I just don't really pay attention to Maiden's material anymore (everything since Fear of the Dark has been pretty bad).

Nobody with taste pays much attention to Maiden post 1980's(I began to lose interest at the Powerslave stage myself) from a recording standpoint. To be fair though, McBrain has been on board since 1983 or so...

First Ozzy Osbourne does a commercial with The Bieber Christ and now this.

So? Two pop stars in a commercial? What's the big deal?