Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Growing out of Metal?

Re: Growing out of Metal?
October 09, 2006, 05:51:42 PM
it always confuses me that we are seen as idiots yet we follow the work of the greatest philosophers and the proven way of life from times long since past

The crowd hates ambition, and truth, if it does not conform to "pleasant illusions," is also taboo. Count on it. The truth is never popular.

ozz

October 09, 2006, 07:36:50 PM
Well in my opinion the mixture of prog rock and all forms of metal is the greatest thing to happen to music in the past few decades.  Because of this, I will probably listen to metal well into my senior citizen days.  

October 11, 2006, 02:27:05 AM
I think of my father, with this subject.  He was around his 20's in ther 70's, the era where Metal was finding its solid footing.  Now granted, he doesn't really like a lot of the "extreme" forms of Metal that are out there, but he still enjoys music that rattles the bones.  If he's an indication of things to come, I'll probably be keeping things loud and Heavy for many years to come.  Heh!  But then again, I've said that about other things in the past...

stefan_sadistiko

October 13, 2006, 03:51:49 AM
Real rock und metal  is in your blood .  So , if it was trend for you und if you grow out of it . It was not meant to be. :'( When i started listening to rock it was 1973 und all we had was black sabbath, judas priest, deep purple, und kiss. Iam 37 years old now und i still wear make-up, wear black nail polish und dye my hair black .  i do not care what people say about me. ;D The moral of the story is it is either in you or it is not. sincerely, stefan sadistiko

October 13, 2006, 05:36:19 AM
Why do you keep using the German word for "and"?

stefan_sadistiko

October 13, 2006, 05:52:33 AM
I lived in deutschland for a while . Now i live in praha czech republik. Iam used to speak like this. stefan sadistiko

October 14, 2006, 10:34:35 PM
saying you will grow out of metal you might aswel say you will grow out of music itself, metal is a very diverse genre that only gets more so the deeper you go