Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Love for Radio Nihil

Love for Radio Nihil
May 09, 2011, 03:59:51 PM
http://www.anus.com/zine/radio/

Re-listening to FNH's/LLD's shows, I'm struck by how well they hold up. Good commentary, music selection, overall composition. It's unfortunate that they handed the reigns to the two later, inferior DJs (though I only heard one of Aeshma's shows), this decision presumably leading to Radio Nihil's demise. Regardless, they should be commended for producing one solid piece weekly for the better part of a year. Also, glad to see hi.arc.tow. going strong.

Re: Love for Radio Nihil
May 13, 2011, 05:23:02 PM
I agree, these were really great. We should encourage them to return.

May 14, 2011, 04:15:42 AM
My friend and I are putting together a pilot to send to the editors at ANUS right now.

May 14, 2011, 07:24:41 AM
My friend and I are putting together a pilot to send to the editors at ANUS right now.

Awesome, I'm also working on scripts/playlists at the moment, but only for over the Summer.

MLK

May 14, 2011, 01:16:20 PM
I'd suggest that unless its something that can be commit to long term its not worth getting into. a few new shows then its over again isn't really going to build any momentum.

really it didnt go on long enough last time. the quality wasnt high enough either. the job should be done knowing the bar needs to be raised.

May 14, 2011, 06:36:45 PM
With a few notable exceptions that you can find in the FAQ, collaborations fade out quickly.

Why?

The dedication -- consistent time, timeliness, effort, quality control -- required by anything done here is a big deal. We are sympathetic to this fact, which is why we generally understand when people have to drop projects.

Problem: we (those who keep this site running as is) have 0% time to devote to additional projects.

May 14, 2011, 08:56:27 PM
I suppose the only solution to that would be to wait until someone else with ample time to dedicate to a project you don't have time to manage seeks to collaborate with you; that, and keeping a firm control on quality yourselves. The ANUS is pretty famous, or infamous to some, for the former however, and I appreciate it immensely.

May 14, 2011, 11:24:27 PM
The solution is to apply the old adage of many hands makes light work. In other words, more people, like, doing stuff. Like a society, as in the fourth letter of the acronym.

MLK

May 14, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
The solution is to apply the old adage of many hands makes light work. In other words, more people, like, doing stuff. Like a society, as in the fourth letter of the acronym.
I've proposed this already to a few people. Hopefully something comes of it.

what it needs:
- writers
- hosts (two or three alternating every other week, makes life miles easier. must have a decent mic at least)
- promoters (people who post links on forums, reddit, facebook etc. if everyone who read this thread at least posted the link to a new show on their facebook profile it would be something)
 - an editor to piece the audio and songs together. i can handle this and write material.

any takers?

May 15, 2011, 01:24:44 AM
So who are the few actually serious about getting this going??  How much time per day is needed for something like this?  I have lots of "free time" i suppose. All i do is work ,read, listen to metal and walk in the woods

May 15, 2011, 10:09:25 AM
So who are the few actually serious about getting this going??  How much time per day is needed for something like this?  I have lots of "free time" i suppose. All i do is work ,read, listen to metal and walk in the woods
Are you charismatic?

May 15, 2011, 06:26:44 PM
generally speaking, people(friends, family) would say i am charismatic. Im sure others hate my guts though.

May 15, 2011, 10:43:41 PM
All i do is work ,read, listen to metal and walk in the woods

Sound idyllic.

A dirty secret: everyone has free time. They're just disorganized and cannot use that time, for themselves or others.

Oddly, this kind of thing would make it easier for them to get organized...

I would measure your time in per-week blocks. Radio Nihil, if you put out a show a week, is a 6-hour weekly commitment.

If you put out a show every other week, probably 4 hours per week.

May 16, 2011, 03:49:24 AM
All i do is work ,read, listen to metal and walk in the woods

Sound idyllic.

A dirty secret: everyone has free time. They're just disorganized and cannot use that time, for themselves or others.

Oddly, this kind of thing would make it easier for them to get organized...

I would measure your time in per-week blocks. Radio Nihil, if you put out a show a week, is a 6-hour weekly commitment.

If you put out a show every other week, probably 4 hours per week.

im your man for this job. 

MLK

STAFF CALL Radio Nihil
May 22, 2011, 08:59:39 PM
OK. Anyone looking to get involved in any capacity with the renewed Radio Nihil, email me at info@hiarctow.com so I can get a sense of who is involved, what they're going to do and what we're working towards. If we get organised it can happen.

Cheers.