Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Most people think most people are stupid

Most people think most people are stupid
July 24, 2011, 12:35:09 PM
I think most people are myopic, and incapable of sustained rational thought.

So does everyone else.  Even those I perceive as the greatest perpetrators.

But in my more rational moments, I realize that even the most intelligent people are often misguided, and that in following my own convictions I often show myself to be misguided as well.

Aesthetically, I love the idea of genocide.  Intellectually, I find it irresponsible.

There will never be a time that we all agree, forming one big happy family called humanity.  We will never worship the same false god; we will never speak the same language, even if we all use English.

And thus, we will continue to think of others as inferior scum.  Such is the way of the worm.

If this is the case, then those who are inferior scum are those who end up dead.  The ones who aren't are called "the winners".

When's the cut-off?  Otherwise, everyone alive is a 'winner'.

If this is the case, then those who are inferior scum are those who end up dead.  The ones who aren't are called "the winners".

I hope the people most often best at staying alive in the modern age don't happen to also be dumb.

Anyways, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you know how dumb the average person is, well by definition 50% of the population is even dumber than that.

But Nether brings up an important point that anyone who proclaims most people are idiots should be aware of. I remember the day I thought pointing out society's insanity would automatically afford my position a certain aura of credibility, at least to the minority of sane people I was actually trying to reach. It's a sad day when the most fundamental truths are also the most tired refrains.

When's the cut-off?  Otherwise, everyone alive is a 'winner'.

When the war is over :)

It's like Highlander, except replace the swords with penises.

There can be only one!

That's what "the selfish gene" is all about, right?

Everybody thinks that they (and especially their children) are above average.  By definition, the majority are wrong.

But in my more rational moments, I realize that even the most intelligent people are often misguided, and that in following my own convictions I often show myself to be misguided as well.
This is an essential element of what distinguishes people who are actually intelligent from those who are not.  That is self criticism, to recognize when you are wrong.

I realize that even the most intelligent people are often misguided, and that in following my own convictions I often show myself to be misguided as well.

Classic Dunning-Kruger: the smart see their own faults, the dumb do not.

You think smart people are misguided at the same ratio as dumb ones?

I think it's important still to point out that the truly wise have far fewer weaknesses. Recognizing your own shortcomings and knowing when you don't know is just dandy, but it doesn't mean you stop striving to know what you don't know.

I think it's important still to point out that the truly wise have far fewer weaknesses.

I think this is a small group and they tend to be older (experience).

Most "smart" people are douchebags like Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, etc. who aren't actually all that intelligent.

I think most people are myopic, and incapable of sustained rational thought.

So does everyone else.  Even those I perceive as the greatest perpetrators.

Aesthetically, I love the idea of genocide.  Intellectually, I find it irresponsible.

There will never be a time that we all agree, forming one big happy family called humanity.  We will never worship the same false god; we will never speak the same language, even if we all use English.

And thus, we will continue to think of others as inferior scum.  Such is the way of the worm.
ain't that the truth

You think smart people are misguided at the same ratio as dumb ones?

Potentially.  Too bad there is no way to objectively test who does more damage...