Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Face burnings

Face burnings
May 14, 2011, 12:28:18 PM
This is a link of graphic nature. Prepare to be pissed off.
http://sharerimg.com/p/55689.html
Very few perpetrators get convicted, because the government doensn't give enough of a shit about women to do anything about it. They don't publish pics of women in newspapers because that's too "immodest"

While the laws over here might be better, are the people?

Re: Face burnings
May 14, 2011, 01:50:18 PM
Many cultures have their form of honor killings. This seems to be the Pakistani version.

While I disapprove of such behavior I think western societies need to wipe their own ass before we do anything about other countries internal problems. The concept of honor killings isn't so bad but I consider throwing acid in a woman's face because she turned you down the behavior of a third world pimp or loser, not a noble warrior or intelligent person.

May 14, 2011, 02:03:46 PM
this is a bit different from honor killings. the woman is thought of as beneath human due to layers upon layers of political/historical/cultural/religious foundations, thus she is burned at displays of "immodesty", or sometimes for no reason at all.
there are no strict laws to make men think twice about committing such an act. A woman attempting to seek justice would probably be burned again.
some poeple also argue that sexual repression(in men) in those nations is to blame for men being "weird" around women and reacting like savages to them, similar to the suicide bomber argument people make.
Sexism is alive and well in western societies. Until the second half of the 20th century, no man(especially one in a position of power) really gave a shit about what came out of a woman's mouth. If we had similar judicial systems as those countries, no fear instilled in any of our men about the consequences of their actions, what would happen?

May 14, 2011, 03:38:57 PM
Our culture also has its share of wifebeaters. It's not like it only exists in certain cultures. The severity of it has more to do with education and economy than it does with culture, history, religion or politics. And there also cases of women beating their men in our society and in theirs, obviously it happens less but it does happen.

By nature women are the manipulators while men are the ones who use force to get what they want. We can't make these two characteristics equal and reversing the roles wouldn't make things better either. But with the right education (and if needed eugenics) we can at least give them a better way to express themselves.

May 15, 2011, 02:56:39 AM
the woman is thought of as beneath human due to layers upon layers of political/historical/cultural/religious foundations, thus she is burned at displays of "immodesty", or sometimes for no reason at all.
Are you sure that there is no other reason that women have been seen as being subordinate to men? I have a hard time believing those political/historical/cultural/religious foundations didn't have a foundation.

some poeple also argue that sexual repression(in men) in those nations is to blame for men being "weird" around women and reacting like savages to them, similar to the suicide bomber argument people make.
Middle-eastern men being weird around woman? Suicide bomber argument? I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm pretty curious.

no man(especially one in a position of power) really gave a shit about what came out of a woman's mouth.
Peasants were known for taking greater heed of womanly opinions than people in positions of power?

Sexism is alive and well in western societies.
It always will be. It's rather clear to me that sexism is the natural state of mankind. There wasn't a word for this before relatively recently because it was considered the default way of thinking. Even today, the modern notion of equality cannot extinguish the natural impulse of woman to be subordinate to man.

May 15, 2011, 03:52:56 AM
the woman is thought of as beneath human due to layers upon layers of political/historical/cultural/religious foundations, thus she is burned at displays of "immodesty", or sometimes for no reason at all.
Are you sure that there is no other reason that women have been seen as being subordinate to men? I have a hard time believing those political/historical/cultural/religious foundations didn't have a foundation.

Their foundation is that it was adopted from another culture or forced on them by invaders. The area now known as Pakistan was originally Hindu. Remember Pakistan was only founded after India stopped being a British colony?

And islam is basically just a different version of judaism and christianity. So uh... not sure what your point was here.

I agree that sexism is natural. But so is protecting your wives and daughters and cherishing them and wanting what's best for them. Locking them up and not allowing them any power at all is the behavior of insecure and jealous beta-males.

May 15, 2011, 05:24:38 AM
sociobiology probably? I started this thread to figure out the core of all this.
Middle-eastern men being weird around woman? Suicide bomber argument? I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm pretty curious.
This is what people typically say to pigeon hole men in those regions, that those men don't get to express their carnal desires, and this results in a deep rooted hate for women, so even when they do pair up with one they treat her like shit. I don't think sexual depravity is the top cause of face burnings though. It's too easy to blame things on a lack of getting laid.

no man(especially one in a position of power) really gave a shit about what came out of a woman's mouth.
Peasants were known for taking greater heed of womanly opinions than people in positions of power?
Doubtful.
Sexism is alive and well in western societies.
It always will be. It's rather clear to me that sexism is the natural state of mankind. There wasn't a word for this before relatively recently because it was considered the default way of thinking. Even today, the modern notion of equality cannot extinguish the natural impulse of woman to be subordinate to man.
Yep. that's what i'm getting at, or trying to figure out at least. Almost every form of discrimination in western societies is extremely subliminal. Subliminals are worse because they get passed on to peers and children through attitudes.  A man doesn't have to beat his wife lifeless, or even sexually harrass a cowoerker to have sexist views. it's even weird for people here to think that women actually enjoy sex, and don't do it just for manipulation, jewellery, or whatever else. men evaluate women as whores or "wife material", meanwhile men hardly get judgments for their promiscuity. the idea that a man can be "slutty" is preposterous to most. A woman can be smart, but not too smart. She can have an attitude but she still has to be nurturing and innocuous to have any appeal. A woman's looks are still her most important asset.This has been researched and confirmed by many psychologists.
there might be something of value in the argument that if there were 100 women on an island and 1 man you'd have 100 babies in one year, and if you had 1 woman and 100 men you'd only get 1 baby in one year.

May 15, 2011, 03:45:30 PM
Very few perpetrators get convicted, because the government doensn't give enough of a shit about women to do anything about it. They don't publish pics of women in newspapers because that's too "immodest"

Thank you for my daily CIA propaganda.

More women end up that scarred from fiery automobile wrecks than they do from honor killings/maimings.

But the "they're weird, they have honor maimings" angle really riles up throse proles. Remember, Jeb, those Islams don't have OUR FREEDOM.

I like keeping society modest.

If you are in a country where the average IQ is 87, expect lots of violence of this type -- no matter what religions or rules you create.

May 16, 2011, 12:14:57 AM
Those pics make me wonder that how much ones like that are being hidden under the burkhas.

May 16, 2011, 08:01:47 PM
Public excoriation is always more enjoyable. Too bad tarring and feathering went out in 18th century.

May 20, 2011, 02:04:58 AM
Taking women by force doesn't lead to anything. It's a proof of your weakness : too ugly, too stupid to find true love....

May 20, 2011, 07:18:39 AM
Taking women by force doesn't lead to anything. It's a proof of your weakness : too ugly, too stupid to find true love....

Unless the woman in question is a complete idiot, then rape, rape away.

May 20, 2011, 01:17:57 PM

Unless the woman in question is a complete idiot, then rape, rape away.

I woulnd't say that. If the woman concerned is a complete idiot, leave her in her "idiot" world and follow your own way.

May 20, 2011, 02:12:50 PM
Doesn't anyone have a sense of duty around here? Of course, I kill her after I unhinge the pressure valve to my bursting nutz.

May 20, 2011, 09:48:42 PM

Ahh "true love" - the belief that one woman is different from another.