Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Good news thread

Good news thread
May 18, 2011, 04:21:30 AM
Quit bitching. Smile. Enjoy life. Then when you exit the thread, \m/ grim forevermore \m/.

According to a new study, drinking six or more cups of coffee per day can lower a man's risk of fatal prostate cancer by up to 60 percent.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/17/coffee.prostate.cancer/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Re: Good news thread
May 18, 2011, 06:45:41 AM
I don't drink coffee but if smoking 60 cigarettes a day does any good then I just need to smoke eight more. Good news!

May 18, 2011, 07:46:40 AM
Coffee partially simulates the effects of a natural occurence which has been largely removed from society today.

Given that the body was made to function in circumstances similar to that we evolved in, recreating these effects is bound to have good outcomes.

Addiction and mind alteraterance are necessary for a healthy individual.

May 18, 2011, 02:53:47 PM
I don't drink coffee but if smoking 60 cigarettes a day does any good then I just need to smoke eight more. Good news!

Here ya go buddy http://www.lcolby.com/

May 18, 2011, 11:13:53 PM
I'm always leary of health publications that say "...may reduce the risk of.."

May 19, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
Pretty sure it also helps prevent Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and probably a few other things. This is good, as coffee is an addiction I have no intention of giving up.

May 19, 2011, 12:34:07 PM
Pretty sure it also helps prevent Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and probably a few other things. This is good, as coffee is an addiction I have no intention of giving up.
You should, caffeine is a pointless over-stimulation of the senses for bored people. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't indulge myself occasionally, though.

Does anyone on here feel the need to take a bear sized shit shortly after imbibing caffeine?

May 19, 2011, 01:49:25 PM
Addiction and mind alteraterance are necessary for a healthy individual.

It's just another impulse, whether it's necessary, or not.

Does anyone on here feel the need to take a bear sized shit shortly after imbibing caffeine?

Caffeine and cigarettes will generally jump start my digestive tract.

May 20, 2011, 01:28:03 AM
I don't do coffee, but I've read that regular ejaculation is good for the prostate long term - and as I'm getting up there in years and have dumped a nut just about daily since puberty...that's at least something to be happy about.

May 20, 2011, 06:08:58 AM
It should be noted that excessive coffee swallowing also leads to some pretty serious gastrointestinal problems.  A friend of mine had regularly consumed about three pots of coffee a day, for somewhere around 10 years.  No surprise really when he developed ulcers and was diagnosed with gastritis.  As with anything, indulge in moderation.

:: Oh, and I once read in some extremely obscure but reliable medical journal from the 1920s, that excessive masturbation causes blindness, you might want to watch that.  Yet if you are already blind and are reading this via some digital text to braille converter, fap away::

May 28, 2011, 06:17:17 PM
This certainly did make me smile.  I just finished my second cup today as of reading it.  I don't think I could manage six cups or more a day though.  Any more than two or three and I get rather severe heartburn.

Every morning within about 15 minutes of drinking my first cup I'm on the toilet.  A fellow I used to work with referred to it as 'nature's regulator'. 

May 28, 2011, 08:20:49 PM
I like coffee.  And high quality green tea every now and then for a slightly different stimulant effect.  And by the way, real men CHEW their tobacco!

May 29, 2011, 06:07:26 PM
You should, caffeine is a pointless over-stimulation of the senses for bored people. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't indulge myself occasionally, though.

Phooey. Caffeine is a heavenly substance. One which stimulates neural and digestive function. A fitting metaphor for all things anusian.

I don't drink 10 cups a day but rather approach my caffeine intake much like a chemist might.  Personally 1-2 cups of espresso daily does the trick.