Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Jesus and Osama bin Laden: fundamentalists who may be right

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/But_to_bring_a_sword

Peace is overrated.

Doing the right thing is underrated.

jesus coated himself in cannabis oil, went into the desert to trip nuts, attacked jewish bankers with a whip, and preached about bringing war to the earth. not a bad guy by any means. if only his fan club were just a little bit more intelligent.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Peace is overrated.

I agree, but does that have to include destroying the family unit as this jackass implies?  Seriously, somebody should nail his ass to a fucking cross or something.

Somebody has to be the bad guy!

Jesus was a hippie. Maybe he said a few things about killing people, but the fact is that his stoned ass said a lot of different things, many semi-contradictory. The best part of Christianity is the Greek, Hindu and Pagan part which the Jews organized in the old and parts of the new Testament. Jesus is just like a sideshow for the proles. Yay hippy!

I tend to believe that in fact Jesus was the Antichrist and that Christianity was started and spread to bring about the downfall of mankind. Makes more sense that way than biblical texts do for the most part anyway. Brutal massacres and shameful profiteering with the excuse of religion granting those things as rights? Might make an interesting story idea anyway. If he was supposedly some sort of odd trinity being anyway in the original stories, then why not be a dual being like Christ/Antichrist?

Jesus was a hippie. Maybe he said a few things about killing people, but the fact is that his stoned ass said a lot of different things, many semi-contradictory.

Many of the great philosophers and thinkers had contradictory ideas. It almost seems like a prerequisite for greatness. It contributes to their enigma and appeal.

Jesus was a bit too ambiguous for my liking though.

Another quote regarding "bringing the sword".

"Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Sell your shit, buy a gun.

If you live by the sword, you die by it. So be it I say!

Re: Traditional Wisdom
June 02, 2011, 10:08:02 AM
"When you see the Hour approaching, plant a tree." -- The Prophet Muḥammad

Peace is overrated.

I agree, but does that have to include destroying the family unit as this jackass implies?  Seriously, somebody should nail his ass to a fucking cross or something.

Idea over kinship.  Supreme idealism

If you took that passage, removed the reference, and took it as if 'the process' was talking to all of its children, and lost the part about the cross (or spun it to where it meant you accept the fact you will die), what would you all think?

If, as conservationalist once posted, we are here so that the universe can see and understand its self, could you understand that as the universe (god) wanting to be loved (understood), and continually ariving at possible conclusions until that want is satisfied?  I know this could be equated to "aLL u need iz luv", but in my mind tough love could include killing 75% of the peepole on earth.  ONE LUV YALL

If you took that passage, removed the reference, and took it as if 'the process' was talking to all of its children, and lost the part about the cross (or spun it to where it meant you accept the fact you will die), what would you all think?

If, as conservationalist once posted, we are here so that the universe can see and understand its self, could you understand that as the universe (god) wanting to be loved (understood), and continually ariving at possible conclusions until that want is satisfied?  I know this could be equated to "aLL u need iz luv", but in my mind tough love could include killing 75% of the peepole on earth.  ONE LUV YALL

you can interpret any religious text in a number of fun ways. the new testament is especially open to a wide variety of interpretations. the problem with judaism and christianity is the effect that the popular interpretation has on politics and culture in the west. obviously the lowest common denominator is going to look at a religious text and suit it to his own needs, those being validation by a supernatural entity, an identity, and a morality to latch themselves onto without really having to think very hard. yet, judaism has stood the test of time as a very effective method of perpetuating national pride in a people, and helping them to persevere as a unit. the tanakh can be interpreted from a kabbalistic perspective and shed valuable insights on philosophical concepts concerning the nature of the universe and coming into a spiritual union with the forces of nature. exoteric christianity is a fucking disease, sure, but it has an interesting esoteric undercurrent where doctrine and slavery to a ghost isn't championed, but personal transformation and a greater understanding of the universe and your place in it are.

mainstream religion always goes back to that perennial idea of unity with the all, if you dig deep enough and penetrate the popular surface of mindless devotion to supernatural entities. it's like the difference between a common indian man going to a priest to sacrifice a goat infront of a statue of kali for good luck, and the deeper philosophical undercurrent of hinduism, such as advaita vedanta. people are often very quick to condemn religion as a destructive force that holds humanity back, but it isn't religion itself. it's stupid people.

it all comes down to stupid people.