Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

International Day of Slayer -- June 6, 2011

I woke up with Show No Mercy and a bit of fine cannabis.

What strain/race?

Is there anything you're not racist about?

World of Warcraft.

If I remember correctly, it was a variety of kush (indica). Got me all jumpy and active.
You've got your cannabis subspecies confused, Indica is considered the lethargic high. What you're describing is more associated with the Sativa race. It was most likely a mix to one degree or another anyway unless you bought it from a reputable home grower or dispensary. Every street dealer will tell you he's got "Super Danky Purple Hindu Dragonbud Kush" or whatever the fuck name he pulled out of his ass that day.

If I remember correctly, it was a variety of kush (indica). Got me all jumpy and active.
It was most likely a mix to one degree or another anyway unless you bought it from a reputable home grower or dispensary.

this shit's the best, man, I bought it from a ..[/Caddyshack reference]
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

You've got your cannabis subspecies confused, Indica is considered the lethargic high. What you're describing is more associated with the Sativa race. It was most likely a mix to one degree or another anyway unless you bought it from a reputable home grower or dispensary. Every street dealer will tell you he's got "Super Danky Purple Hindu Dragonbud Kush" or whatever the fuck name he pulled out of his ass that day.

Aren't the kushes considered indicas? Regardless I do know abut the subspecies, and indicas tend to give me a boost of energy; it's towards the end of it where I feel lazy. Sativas, having a high more centered at the head, generally leave me wanting to read something.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Interview with the creators of the International Day of Slayer:

Interview by Draven (Spirit of Metal)

Kush refers to a subset of strains of cannabis indica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kush_%28cannabis%29

Pron:

Indica is considered the lethargic high. What you're describing is more associated with the Sativa race.

I thought Indica was the head-high, and Sativa was the body-high?

Bong hits, the meaning of pain
The way that I want to get high
Brain death, immense decay
Smokers that cleanse you of your life
Forced in
Like cattle
You run
Stripped of
Your $80 worth
Human mice, for the Angel of Death
Four hundred thousand to get high
Angel of Death
Monarch to the kingdom of the stoned
Sadistic, surgeon of the high
Stoner of the noblest blood

Destroying, without mercy
To benefit the Indica race

Aren't the kushes considered indicas? Regardless I do know abut the subspecies, and indicas tend to give me a boost of energy; it's towards the end of it where I feel lazy. Sativas, having a high more centered at the head, generally leave me wanting to read something.
Oh yeah, the original Kush's are Indica. However, a lot of bud thats sold as Kush on American streets is mixed or not even Kush at all. I'm not doubting that what you smoked was indeed Kush, I'm just saying that more often than not, identifying what kind of Cannabis you're smoking is practice in speculation.

As far as what effect the two different races of cannabis give, I don't doubt that indica makes you energetic. Cannabis is probably the most idiosyncratic drug I've ever tried. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions that you have your races confused, but in my experience, the heavy body high feeling of Indica lends itself more to relaxation and Sativa gives a more speedy high.

More information:
http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/learning-center/marijuana-strains

TOMORROW, DON'T FORGET

a bit surprised (and disappointed) this hasn't received more attention around here and that very little has been done with the official site

nevertheless, I'll be blasting Slayer all day tomorrow

Maybe it is time for new growth on the idea to step forward from unexpected places. Because really is National Day of Slayer fit enough now to grow on its own or does it continue to annually die to wait resuscitation each following year? It could be that after six years (not counting prior years in concept as some then undefined heavy metal holiday) we are doomed to the latter.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

International Day of Slayer -- June 6, 2012
June 06, 2012, 03:30:47 AM

If they can have a "National Day of Prayer,"
We can have a National Day of Slayer!

Culture is something you can inherit, or choose. We choose metal as our culture, and Slayer as our ambassador. No other band captures the spirit of metal with such intensity. Every year on June 6, we celebrate the International Day of Slayer to hail this spirit.

How to Celebrate

• Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
  • Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.
DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.

Taking that participation to a problematic level

• Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
  • Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
  • Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
  • Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
  • Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.

http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/slayer/national_day_of_slayer_header.jpg[/img]

If they can have a "National Day of Prayer,"
We can have a National Day of Slayer!

Culture is something you can inherit, or choose. We choose metal as our culture, and Slayer as our ambassador. No other band captures the spirit of metal with such intensity. Every year on June 6, we celebrate the International Day of Slayer to hail this spirit.

[b]How to Celebrate[/b]

[list][*]Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.[*]Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.[*]Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.[*]Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.[/list]

DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.

[b]Taking that participation to a problematic level[/b]

[list][*]Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.[*]Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.[*]Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.[*]Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).[*]Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.[/list]

[b][url=http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/?year=2012]http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/[/url][/b]

African-American African-American African-American

Maybe it is time for new growth on the idea to step forward from unexpected places.

Good idea. Wish I knew where to start.

Regardless I listened to Slayer today on breaks and after class, and during/after work. I actually re-affirmed my love for "Undisputed Attitude" - my favorite metal band covering some of my favorite hardcore punk bands? Yes please.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

My favorite metal band covering some of my favorite hardcore punk bands? Yes please.
Pretty good but burnt out musicians covering pretty good but spirited musicians?  No thanks.