Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Food"

"Food"
May 24, 2011, 08:01:01 PM
The definition of "meat" was amended in December 1994 to include any "meat" product that is produced by advanced meat/bone separation machinery. This meat is comparable in appearance, texture, and composition to meat trimmings and similar meat products derived by hand. This machinery separates meat from bone by scraping, shaving, or pressing the meat from the bone without breaking or grinding the bone. Product produced by advanced meat recovery (AMR) machinery can be labeled using terms associated with hand-deboned product (e.g., "pork trimmings" and "ground pork").

The AMR machinery cannot grind, crush, or pulverize bones to remove edible meat tissue, and bones must emerge essentially intact. The meat produced in this manner can contain no more than 150 milligrams (mg) of calcium per 100 grams product (within a tolerance of 30 mg. of calcium). Products that exceed the calcium content limit must be labeled "mechanically separated pork" in the ingredients statement.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/hot_dogs/index.asp

We can redefine "food" too! Now it's "meat," not random bits of animal paste!

Re: "Food"
May 25, 2011, 02:27:51 AM
This is one of the areas that the EU does well. You hear lots about silly re-classifications of types of biscuits, or the acceptable curvature of a banana but, thanks to striking French agriculturalists, we have very good standards of food preparation. Even the really good stuff like liver and heart have to be clearly labelled, and "meat" as a label is only applied to “skeletal muscle with naturally included or attached tissue”.

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/03/2&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

June 05, 2011, 06:48:05 AM
The Paleo Crash Course

• minimize grains, corn, soy
  • minimize table sugar, candy, cake
  • peanuts are bad beans not good tree nuts
  • maximize meat (not "Food") and vegetable
  • fill in with fruit and tree nuts
  • monitor your performance with dairy

June 10, 2011, 09:29:59 AM
    • minimize grains, corn, soy
    • minimize table sugar, candy, cake
    • fill in with fruit and tree nuts

I agree with everything but the above. Do not eat soy or corn, unless you are Asian or Amerind. Eat sugar; it's good for you. Avoid fruit and eat vegetables instead, except for berries. Eat a lot of those. And nuts, and olives, if you're mediterranean.[/list]

June 10, 2011, 10:52:26 AM
    How is sugar good for you?

June 10, 2011, 10:55:48 AM
    Tastes nice and gives you energy?

June 10, 2011, 12:39:43 PM
    And nuts, and olives, if you're mediterranean.
    You seem to be pretty educated on what races tolerate what foods better, what if someone is a Dinaric Slav? Is that close enough to Mediterranean? Many if not most Italians fall into that subrace so I can imagine a Pole, Serb or Hungarian in that racial category could eat nuts and olives. By the way, what do you consider Mediterranean? I usually think of Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, France, and Romania.

Also, do you have a specific reason for why Mediterraneans handle nuts and olives better than other Europeans or are you just basing that off anecdotal evidence?

June 10, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
    Tastes nice and gives you energy?
    Fvck nice-tasting shit! Eat entrails and viscera! There's a reason sugar is rare in nature - high energy payoff in the short-term. But that in turn is the reason it's not good for you - we didn't evolve eating a whole lot of it. Or grains, for that matter; unless you're able to farm them on a large scale the energy it takes to gather, prepare, and consume them is ridiculous.

June 11, 2011, 05:34:38 AM
    Sugars occur naturally in fruit etc. (especially berries), I assumed this was what he meant?

June 11, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
    Sugars occur naturally in fruit etc. (especially berries), I assumed this was what he meant?
    Yup. And fruit is, generally, highly seasonal - making any particular type rare in nature compared to other food sources. Fruit is also largely carbohydrates(i.e. aside from the sugars), plus fiber, vitamins, whatnot. The sugar itself is rather incidental to what makes fruit healthful.

June 12, 2011, 04:52:07 AM
    This thread made me want a gyro. Now im going to bed hungry.. fuck.