Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Malware declares war on Apple

Malware declares war on Apple
May 28, 2011, 06:33:17 PM
The stories have started to emerge and now the battle has begun. After years of being off-limits to hackers, the Apple Macintosh is now subject to the same sort of abuse that the PC has endured and survived over the years: malware.

Apple says it will send out some patches this week, but this just marks the beginning of a long battle. It will be ugly, as the platform is largely like the unprotected, the users are clueless, and there is zero resistance within the platform. The few Mac users who survive the barrage will probably be former PC users who are not so easily fooled by fake websites.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385898,00.asp

It really is an overpriced PC fit for the computing-clueless socializer elite.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: Malware declares war on Apple
May 28, 2011, 07:37:45 PM
And Apple wholeheartedly intends to keep it that way.
Apple Support Instructions

NHA

May 28, 2011, 11:13:55 PM
Mac users cannot do follow these recommendations because they've been trained since birth not to deal with such issues by hand. It's beneath them.

Pot, meet kettle.

Anyway, it seems operating system design is likely to be the most stagnant branch of CS.

May 29, 2011, 04:28:25 AM
The stories have started to emerge and now the battle has begun. After years of being off-limits to hackers, the Apple Macintosh is now subject to the same sort of abuse that the PC has endured and survived over the years: malware.

Apple says it will send out some patches this week, but this just marks the beginning of a long battle. It will be ugly, as the platform is largely like the unprotected, the users are clueless, and there is zero resistance within the platform. The few Mac users who survive the barrage will probably be former PC users who are not so easily fooled by fake websites.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385898,00.asp

It really is an overpriced PC fit for the computing-clueless socializer elite.

I've noticed recently a steady stream of faux websites and Mackeeper download requests. You are right about the survivors being FORMER PC users. Evolution it seems is not without a sense of irony.
I will slash and burn and salt the earth so that nothing will grow.

May 30, 2011, 09:53:33 PM
I hate GUI based operating systems. All they do is make it easy for proles to use technology they don't even have a rudimentary understanding of. I fully support viruses and malware making it more difficult for the average dumb fuck to use a computer. I'd estimate around 0.5% to maybe 2% of the population has a legitimate reason to use a computer, the rest are just using it like a glorified TV.

May 31, 2011, 02:19:25 AM
All they do is make it easy for proles to use technology they don't even have a rudimentary understanding of. I fully support viruses and malware making it more difficult for the average dumb fuck to use a computer. I'd estimate around 0.5% to maybe 2% of the population has a legitimate reason to use a computer, the rest are just using it like a glorified TV.

This.  Infinitely.