Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New AMEBIX video

New AMEBIX video
June 03, 2011, 04:14:30 PM
Can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozz4mJzIiE&feature=player_embedded

"Knights Of The Black Sun"

Seems they're fusing their old sound with some new elements that remind me of Swans' most recent effort. I enjoyed this, but time will tell if it holds up.

Re: New AMEBIX video
June 03, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
I love Arise: it's an amazing, virile, triumphant piece of warrior spirit. Rob Miller seems like a great guy too. If we're being totally honest with ourselves though, this song is total, worthless, forgettable shit. It's predictable and emotionally retarded hard rock drivel that I would expect from U2 collaborating with a half-asleep post-rock band or something, not Amebix. I don't really hear anything of their old sound in it, especially not the compelling and mythological narratives that bring to mind post-apocalyptic warbands fighting for life and beauty that Arise does. This single is just going to end up as more vinyl in landfills, poisoning soil and water. Thanks a lot, Amebix.

Re: New AMEBIX video
June 03, 2011, 10:39:31 PM
It's predictable and emotionally retarded hard rock drivel that I would expect from U2 collaborating with a half-asleep post-rock band or something, not Amebix.

Or Isis doing mid-career Amorphis with a Lemmy wannabe on vocals.
Then again, there's symmetry. After Beherit and Asphyx in 2009, we got two years of crappy comebacks.