Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

NECROHARMONIC: reliable?

April 29, 2011, 02:23:32 AM
fantastic new track.  as deadite alluded to, this pretty blatantly (and brilliantly) hearkens back to Incantation and Funebrarum.  certainly one of my most anticipated albums of the last two years.  

I'll admit that I'm hesitant to place a preorder for that rather nifty looking 7" after learning Necroharmonic is the distro.  everyone I know who has ordered from Necroharmonic has waited a minimum of three months to receive their goods - everything ranging from a CD to a t-shirt.  and in all cases, they received no responses from the owner when inquiring about the status of their orders.  has anyone here had a positive experience with them?

June 10, 2011, 06:09:24 PM
fantastic new track.  as deadite alluded to, this pretty blatantly (and brilliantly) hearkens back to Incantation and Funebrarum.  certainly one of my most anticipated albums of the last two years.  

I'll admit that I'm hesitant to place a preorder for that rather nifty looking 7" after learning Necroharmonic is the distro.  everyone I know who has ordered from Necroharmonic has waited a minimum of three months to receive their goods - everything ranging from a CD to a t-shirt.  and in all cases, they received no responses from the owner when inquiring about the status of their orders.  has anyone here had a positive experience with them?
I ordered the 7" and had absolutely no problems. They sent an email notifying people that it would be shipped and I got it a few days later.

June 10, 2011, 06:51:34 PM
 everyone I know who has ordered from Necroharmonic has waited a minimum of three months to receive their goods - everything ranging from a CD to a t-shirt.  and in all cases, they received no responses from the owner when inquiring about the status of their orders.

Evilmusic ordered a bulk order from them almost a decade ago; they were out of some of the order and promised to fill it later. Months went by, and then we noticed the product was available on their website. We then fired off an email to them asking for the rest of our order. After a unconscionably long delay, in which nothing happened, we posted a question to a forum asking if Necroharmonic was a ripoff. We got a reply the next day.

I am told their service has improved.

Everyone screws up sometimes, and so generally we do not make a big deal of things. Ours was not the only case however.

Re: NECROHARMONIC: reliable?
June 11, 2011, 03:09:01 AM
Necroharmonic's hit-and-miss. The Gorement CD, for example, doesn't seem to have been plagued with any problems. The old Interment LP is where most people had an issue, rightfully so. Thankfully, Disma's first full-length is going to be released by Profound Lore instead, so it has little risk of delays - good thing because the cover artwork is badass:

June 11, 2011, 04:25:08 AM
that is exactly what a metal album should look like!

June 11, 2011, 04:14:15 PM
everyone I know who has ordered from Necroharmonic has waited a minimum of three months to receive their goods - everything ranging from a CD to a t-shirt.  and in all cases, they received no responses from the owner when inquiring about the status of their orders.

Evilmusic ordered a bulk order from them almost a decade ago; they were out of some of the order and promised to fill it later. Months went by, and then we noticed the product was available on their website. We then fired off an email to them asking for the rest of our order. After a unconscionably long delay, in which nothing happened, we posted a question to a forum asking if Necroharmonic was a ripoff. We got a reply the next day.

I am told their service has improved.

Everyone screws up sometimes, and so generally we do not make a big deal of things. Ours was not the only case however.

I've got a little bit of an update on this one regarding some folks I know who never received their merchandise.  I've had three friends order from Necroharmonic and none of them received so much as a cursory email over several weeks.  I believe they attempted to contact the owner numerous times over a 2-month period before filing disputes with PayPal.  They immediately received nasty responses from the owner saying their orders were being cancelled. Personally, I can't see the logic in buying into a system where you're sending someone your money and hoping that he feels like providing the goods you paid for.  Perhaps it's "metal" to do things whenever you feel like it, but I'm not nearly magnanimous (or metal) enough to fund someone's laziness.  

June 20, 2011, 08:51:57 AM
This is a very common experience. Necroharmonic has started openly apologizing to people about their complete inability to fill an order. Just get it from HHR or NWN instead. If you wait long enough, you can get it from CM or Amazon, haha.