Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Fix this forum

Re: Fix this forum
June 18, 2011, 03:45:40 PM
The problem with this forum is that it's tiny and ineffectual. That leads people to come in here and try to be Big Fish in a small pond.

If you want to influence metal, you'll have to be larger and have fewer antisocial aspie cases dominating discussion. That means you will need to expand your focus and be less insular.

If you want that, move it to DeathMetal.org (to get rid of the tacky ANUS name) and encourage a higher frequency of discussion. Redesign the site to look professional.

A few antisocial loudmouths and their desire to have a little club for themselves is what's ruining this fucking forum. It makes me not want to participate, and I know I'm not the only one.

June 18, 2011, 06:07:01 PM
Quote from: rapidshare
How about:

News, Commerce -> news
Chasm, Metal, Classical -> general

Fewer forums means more activity.

What is the logic behind this idea? It's certainly counter intuitive. I would suggest something like:

metal boards:
- metal
- news+commerce
- audiofile

non-metal boards:
- Eternal, ideas - Classical, Philosophy, the best of the best
- chasm: Significant news, informational threads, meaningful discussion
- General discussions, little in the way of quality requirements

The metal section doesn't change except that News+Commerce are combined, since neither of these are very good boards anyway.

If you want more activity, but you don't want meaningful discussion impacted, then splitting the Chasm into two boards, one with quality requirements, the other basically without them, would work well. If users want to argue or troll, then give them a space to do so.

The Classical board is a bit small, but the information is good - expanding the scope of information and dedicating more time to this is a good idea.

June 20, 2011, 08:33:16 AM
The point is that this forum has too many subforums. Most are inactive. That means something else should be done.

Transcix asks why expand our focus, and I say to avoid the clusterfuck we see going on here now. We should be open to what's going on out there on a wider basis, even if only to shit on it.

If you don't reach people, you're basically repeating your message in the dark among a few fanatics. That's when the inactivity and clusterfucking starts.

June 21, 2011, 04:44:00 AM
The point is that this forum has too many subforums. Most are inactive. That means something else should be done.

Transcix asks why expand our focus, and I say to avoid the clusterfuck we see going on here now. We should be open to what's going on out there on a wider basis, even if only to shit on it.

If you don't reach people, you're basically repeating your message in the dark among a few fanatics. That's when the inactivity and clusterfucking starts.

Six = too many? Simply condensing things probably won't boost activity. I agree.

Well, whatever reason it is that we want to expand focus, the easiest way to do it would be to do just that - expand focus. Have a board where we talk about whatever the fuck there is to talk about, whether it is something worthwhile or not. General chit-chat, arguments, trolling, stuff that might be interesting or might be best not considered at all, whatever. Given that this means an inevitable reduction in quality in favour of quantity, the solution would be to simply separate the high quality from the rest.

You could do this in a few ways. If you want to minimise subforums then you could simply go:
-high quality, low quantity
-low quality, high quantity
-music
[-trash]

Audiofile and Metal and Classical could be fused since audiofile isn't really a subforum, just a collection of links pertaining to music, and then everything else sorted into the Quality and Quantity boards. [the trash section basically being where most of News and Commerce are put, and various other posts that would generally be considered for deletion, and users can sort through in case anything was wrongly thrown out]

In transitioning from the current system to the old one, it would basically go:
Audiofile + Metal + Classical -> Music
Chasm -> Quantity
News + Commerce -> Trash

And then everything else is done manually. If Trash threads should be in Quantity, or Quantity threads should be in Quality, or whatever, then users mark the threads accordingly, and mods can move it if the request seems reasonable (most of the work would be user based, rather than mod). After this, threads posted in Quality will generally be [META]ed down to Quantity to preserve the integrity of the board.

June 22, 2011, 04:44:12 AM
1. Audiophile
2. Commerce
3. ANUS (general, music, metal, classical, news, chat)

But I seldom post here so I'm sure my opinion doesn't have that much influence.

June 23, 2011, 03:49:52 AM
1. Metal, Classical, Commerce, News -> Music
2. Chasm
3. Audiofile

Also move it to a domain other than anus.com

This place is blocked everywhere and a lot of people won't come here because of the gay name

June 24, 2011, 09:39:44 PM
Last I checked, soddomit dot something is up for grabs. Or is that gay too?

June 24, 2011, 09:47:07 PM
Could you guys put this forum into hessian.org?

June 25, 2011, 12:31:36 AM
In the interest of resolution:

Let's close this discussion on July 15.

There's plenty of time for every/any/all members of this forum to speak their mind before then.

I retract all my comments; please tell me what you think.

June 25, 2011, 06:01:10 AM
All the current boards should just go under one board.

June 25, 2011, 08:14:46 AM
I don't think commerce should be mixed with discussion.

I also would like to know why there is metal board but no ANUS board, that's why there are not many members. You have to get into dark legions to find this forum, if it was on ANUS more people would join.

As for the quality of the forum my opinion is we should have discussions as always and on that this forum is pretty good.

June 26, 2011, 08:40:37 AM
My basic suggestion (summary): have a subforum for general discussions, and a subforum with only the highest quality posts (those that contain relevant information outside of the context of the discussion at hand). This might not increase quality posting, but it will concentrate it, and allow for the other stuff to flow freely without interfering. I think the Quality vs Quantity divide is one that occurs in every aspect of life, so having it explictly represented seems like a good idea to me.

Rearranging the boards already present doesn't seem to have much of a point, beyond say separating music from non-music.

June 26, 2011, 10:51:17 AM
I agree with higher quality posting. I think people should be encouraged to tell what they did that was productive. Ex.: Today I translated article X of ANUS/Related Stuff to my mother tonge. Today I confronted people with the swastika saying it is an ancient symbol and nobody can forbid anyone from using it. (A buddha image was aprehended in a shopping mall in brazil just because it had a swastika - AMAZING ignorance. And dishonesty by that fucking jew who helped to do it.). Etc.

June 26, 2011, 10:51:52 AM
It could be good to move the forum to another domain, because indeed too many people take the anus/sodomy thing on a litteral level and don't want to have anything in common with it.

June 26, 2011, 11:00:14 AM
I agree with higher quality posting. I think people should be encouraged to tell what they did that was productive. Ex.: Today I translated article X of ANUS/Related Stuff to my mother tonge. Today I confronted people with the swastika saying it is an ancient symbol and nobody can forbid anyone from using it. (A buddha image was aprehended in a shopping mall in brazil just because it had a swastika - AMAZING ignorance. And dishonesty by that fucking jew who helped to do it.). Etc.

Swastika is an ancient symbol and represents the four seasons of the year. You can even find it on very ancient mesopotamian pottery. It has been exploited by nazi germans but it should be purified of the nazi shit on it...

I understand that some people are scared when they see it because even today many ignorants are still using it without knowing what is at the source of the symbol.