Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[META] Transcendental Black Metal, by Hunter Hunt-Hendrix (Liturgy)

1. Transcendentalism in black metal
2. Nihilism in black metal
3. The incompatibility of nu-black (indie, shoegaze, drone, doom, punk mixed with black metal)
4. The necessity of academic study of black metal
5. The primal instinct in black metal

1.  Already present, already understood.
2.  Already present, already understood.
3.  Already understood.
4.  http://www.hessian.org
5.  Try this, or this.

As with all hipsters, he is reiterating stuff we've known about for decades as if it's his/her/its idea, while pretending to go against the very basis of what he's talking about to appear edgy/confrontational.

He is entirely useless, with regard to Black Metal (and, I should think, life in general).

I'm not saying that it's "obvious" that the ANUS crew are infatuated/intimidated by this Liturgy band, but it's obvious.

Right from the first moment the "Hideous Gnosis" symposium was announced, this forum has ridden the band like a whore.

In fact, this forum is the only place online where you can find a supporting consensus for this troll band.

Could care less about forums, troll bands, or being intimidated, infatuated, or whatever with any band or musician. However, talking about ideas is cool. Let's get back to that.

@Lolokay: you might as well support the communist punk scene, the gay rights synth pop bands (Opeth etc) because they are promoting discussion via music, even though they are not saying the right things.

Could care less about forums, troll bands, or being intimidated, infatuated, or whatever with any band or musician. However, talking about ideas is cool. Let's get back to that.

Could care less = you could care less (in other words, you hold a quantum of care on this matter; it concerns you).

Couldn't care less = you could not care any less than you currently do (ie: you do not care at all).

Basic English, chaps. That should be our very least standard here.

In fact, this forum is the only place online where you can find a supporting consensus for this troll band.

Where?

This forum. I just said that.

@Lolokay: you might as well support the communist punk scene, the gay rights synth pop bands (Pink Frothy AIDS etc) because they are promoting discussion via music, even though they are not saying the right things.

If those scenes created platforms for discussion which were actually useful, then why wouldn't you use them?

I don't know what you mean by there being actual "support", though there is a degree of popularisation.

This forum. I just said that.

Please point out where this consensus exists, e.g. what evidence do you see of it existing?

Keep this shit on topic guys. Hunter is an important bro.

We should listen to, like, his words?

Rapidshare asked where the pro-Liturgy consensus was manifesting itself on this board.

I would say the removal of anti-Liturgy comments is clear proof of that.

(in b4 "those were just troll posts not criticism".)

They, like, so were like genuine criticisms, like.

The guy is a fucking bimbo.

If you Americans hold this airhead up as an example of an intellectual, then I say bring on the Chinese invasion because you are spent.

If you Americans hold this airhead up as an example of an intellectual, then I say bring on the Chinese invasion because you are spent.

Hush! You'll only make him more famous by criticizing him!

Hush! You'll only make him more famous by criticizing him!

You gay boys have already seen to that by, like, constantly making forum threads about how cute you think his puckering anus is, and then, like, deleting all of the posts that, like, "point out" what an airhead he really is, like.

Just because he talked to you at a show once, it doesn't mean he is your friend.

Stop being l'il English bitches about this.  The Scion Liturgy interview on youtube is still only 85% dislikes; didn't you say "Mission Accomplished?"?  Get back to the super-angry crusade against this important false shit!