Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Introductions: User Relationships to Classical Music

The Scarlatti sonatas are a must for anyone who enjoys the harpsichord. They just don't sound right on a piano.

I love the harpsichord because it sounds so perfectly Baroque.  And if anyone says classical music is boring, play some Scarlatti.  I have some stuff by him and it is down right frenzied.

I think I've officially hit my stride with classical.  The key for me was to finally concentrate on a few works and listen to them over and over (for me it was my CDs of Haydn and Schumann).  I went to the symphony a few months ago because they were playing a Haydn symphony I was familiar with (104 I believe), and I became entranced.  I was familiar with it, so I was anticipating it, and the experience was like listening to living sonic architecture if that makes sense any sense.  It was almost surreal, being there in a live music setting, I literally ended up in a trance, almost overwhelmed (not with emotion, in fact the whole experience was quite emotionless).  Classical music is magic.  The key for me was to listen to what I own over and over and branch out slowly.  Based on my own experience I would recommend Haydn symphonies 101 and 104, for beginners, if Beethoven is too much for you at first.  24 Caprices was a big part of my initiation also.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

The Scarlatti sonatas are a must for anyone who enjoys the harpsichord. They just don't sound right on a piano.

Harpsichord compositions never work as good on the piano.

And these sonatas are incredible.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.