Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Cianide - Gods of Death

Re: Cianide - Gods of Death
August 12, 2011, 12:30:36 AM
Cianide's best is probably A Descent Into Hell but none of the first four is bad.

Hell's Rebirth is their weakest.

This new one is somewhere in the middle, and is probably album of the year 2011 so far.
I agree that A Descent Into Hell is their best and that A Dying Truth is better than this new album, but I think Gods of Death is really a step up from the rest of their other material.  Of course, I'm going mainly from memory.  It's been awhile since I listened to anything besides A Descent Into Hell.

I'd put this album along side Disma's new album in the slow but steady climb in quality of Death Metal.

August 12, 2011, 10:28:42 PM
The luciferian twilight has the gayest opening riff, and then goes extremely sludgy and awesome, and then it brings that lame riff up again! so annoying... I still havent checked out this new album though, i should probably get on that.

August 13, 2011, 01:38:33 AM
a few gay moments, but pretty damn good at the end of the day

August 22, 2011, 02:16:37 AM
Anything that is not an A or a B is a C. I do not go any lower than a C, nor do I distinguish between different levels of C. C is for compost.

...and compost is extremely beneficial in bringing about new life. Your point?

I like the way you're thinking, here.  I've had a similar thought in the past.  A mighty oak can't just grow out of nothing.  It needs rich soil.

2009 was an admirable year for metal, relative to the previous 10 years.  2010 was respectable.  2011 is shaping up to be on par w/ 2009.

It's not a renaissance.  Granted, on the Absolute scale, 2009-2011 is a C+ compared to the A of 88-93, but it's also a C+ compared to the F of 2000-2007.  The Absolute scale is all that matters at the end of the day.  But are we seeing the groundwork being laid?  Is 2009-2014 going to be the soil or the compost for the next reincarnation?

Just musing.

August 23, 2011, 03:47:21 AM
Of course, you hit the nail on the head.

Can't start construction on a building until you have its foundation in place. Its my hope that within the next 5-10 years we will see many more B releases, and maybe a few A's too.

August 27, 2011, 03:13:12 PM
I think BEHERIT and ASPHYX kicked it off, but bands are hesitant and confused because the audience seems so far gone in the numu/metalcore direction.

The old school audience is there however...

This CIANIDE is good but confused. "Experimentation" sucks; you either pull it off, or you don't. Pulling it off means it fits with your music and you make it your own. "Experimentation" means a blues solo in the midst of a Tuvan Throat techno piece.

August 30, 2011, 03:12:03 AM
Anything that is not an A or a B is a C. I do not go any lower than a C, nor do I distinguish between different levels of C. C is for compost.

I like the way you're thinking, here.  I've had a similar thought in the past.  A mighty oak can't just grow out of nothing.  It needs rich soil.

2009 was an admirable year for metal, relative to the previous 10 years.  2010 was respectable.  2011 is shaping up to be on par w/ 2009.

It's not a renaissance.  Granted, on the Absolute scale, 2009-2011 is a C+ compared to the A of 88-93, but it's also a C+ compared to the F of 2000-2007.  The Absolute scale is all that matters at the end of the day.  But are we seeing the groundwork being laid?  Is 2009-2014 going to be the soil or the compost for the next reincarnation?

Just musing.

This viewpoint is plausible, only if old school metal fans unite under common domains. The internet makes this that much easier. It can be done.

August 31, 2011, 12:12:17 PM

Just musing.

This viewpoint is plausible, only if old school metal fans unite under common domains. The internet makes this that much easier. It can be done.

In that sense, to concentrate promotion should be useful in order to help the best bands to survive, not and "A" list (wich most probably are not), but a "best of last years" list, as threads like THIS are too much wide and doesn't clarify well what to pay attention to.

April 12, 2012, 01:08:09 AM
Is this album not getting better and better every time you listen to it!?  Im seriously regretting not picking up this LP when I had the chance.

April 12, 2012, 01:55:05 AM
Is this album not getting better and better every time you listen to it!?  Im seriously regretting not picking up this LP when I had the chance.
I haven't listened to this since not too long after it came out. Most of the recent releases of note do not have staying power. The only newer album I still listen to is Engram. The best of what has been coming out recently is just not really captivating.

April 12, 2012, 04:03:46 AM
The Demoncy is worth it also. I like the Cianide and Terrorizer but they may not be as in-depth as you'd prefer.

April 12, 2012, 09:20:12 PM
I have been blasting Gods of Death! It has just been hittin' the spot for me this last week or so. 

Also Deceased's new album has been in heavy rotation these days

I guess 2011 was not that bad of a year after all.

April 14, 2012, 02:57:00 PM
I like this album a lot.  It's like King Kong and Godzilla and bunch of other monsters fighting each other in the middle of a city resulting in maximum collateral damage.

April 14, 2012, 03:18:27 PM
I like this album a lot.  It's like King Kong and Godzilla and bunch of other monsters fighting each other in the middle of a city resulting in maximum collateral damage.

Thanks for that awesome visual! that is pretty good hahahah. 

I love the super chunky sound the guitars have on this album, and Mike Perun's voice sounds as monstrous as ever.

April 15, 2012, 12:55:40 AM
Message to all forum members: Give this album another fuckin' spin!