Metal > Metal

Why not create your own metal music?

<< < (7/10) > >>

Vesupria:
Does anyone have any thoughts on Line 6 POD Studio UX2 or similar USB recording interfaces?

I am looking for an inexpensive way of recording to my laptop (to share with friends, nothing professional or public) without the hassle of using a mike (or even amp, for that matter). This sounds like it could be a decent solution for around $200-300.

Anyone use or have seen this kind of thing in regards to recording extreme metal?

Cargést:
Most laptops have a line-in or microphone port next to the headphone jack.  If you have one of these, get a 6.35 to 3.5 converter.

Vesupria:
My sound card on the laptop is crud. Wouldn't I have latency issues?

Cargést:
As in, trying to listen back while playing?  You could get a splitter, and get headphones as well.

August:

--- Quote from: Goluf on July 04, 2011, 12:05:33 PM ---The reason for this, I beg to propose, is that the nitty gritty of musical composition has very little to do with ideology, and "real" composers are often hilariously ignorant in areas other than musical poetics. Composition, in other words, is not something you "choose" to do. It's not an activity, it's a condition.
--- End quote ---

This is most definitely true. I would like to suggest that, ironically, most of the metal that is appreciated here was composed with stupid unbridled passion (derived from 'lowly' girlfriend issues and such), rather than with cold calculation aiming for anything tradenscent. Studying the techniques of art will at most enable the utilization of your already inherent artistic capacity. It will not give you an artist's soul.

The bottom line is that most people here, including myself, are likely too dry and anal (tihi) to create great art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version