Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Lost Boys" - men who do not grow up

"Lost Boys" - men who do not grow up
July 04, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
"Jeff" has managed to get through junior college, but he just can't figure out what to do next.

"My parents have been fed up with me for two years," he tells clinical psychologist Perry Adler. "It's like I'm caught in a thick fog. I was always told as a child I had a lot of potential ...

"Nowadays I usually wake up at noon. I spend most of my days on the Internet and my nights hanging with friends," Jeff says. "I see some of them moving on and I feel like a loser. I want to do something with my life but I don't know what. I try to do stuff, but I lose the energy - I can't get things started."

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Will+young+ever+grow/5044431/story.html

Looks like to me that these fellows are confused. They see all these idiotic movies that rely on crude humor, are told by cunty feminists that boys are evil, and that everyone is the same. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but it looks like men and women are switching places in the gender role world.

Bottom line though, this is yet another gold covered shit nugget in the toilet bowl of modernity.

Re: "Lost Boys" - men who do not grow up
July 05, 2011, 12:34:20 AM
Feminism has nothing to do with under-achievers.

This man-child needs to be grounded in a feudal system for personal stability.

July 05, 2011, 02:18:28 AM
Without having read the article, I'd wager his lack of energy is in significant part due to poor diet.

July 05, 2011, 02:40:12 AM
Without having read the article, I'd wager his lack of energy is in significant part due to poor diet.

Could also be excess masturbation.

July 05, 2011, 01:49:29 PM
In the article, "Jim" is a composite from case studies they did.

The whole point was to illustrate in a general sense the "lost boy" phenomena.

July 06, 2011, 01:13:42 AM

Eating shit food and masturbating can also play a part in the phenomena right?

July 06, 2011, 08:50:16 AM
In the early and mid 20th century, blue collar work was a proud occupation of a huge chunk of the population. Manufacture of world-leading products, unionised workforces, and the sense of lending a hand in a greater creative output all created an identity that men were proud to hold. I don't see it as a surprise that with the export of manufacturing jobs to cheap nations like India and China we have been left with a generation of lost men who refuse to work as feminized shirts in a call centre, back office or retail outlet.

The mainstream media puts the blame squarely on the individual people - saying they are immature, or lazy, or feckless. But these are symptoms of a greater decline. The western nations have been mismanaged in that they have chosen to turn away from manufacture for purely economic reasons. But they do not ever address the fact that for over 7,000 years, manual labour has been the primary method of making a living for most adult men.

Modern man cannot grow up, because there is nothing to "grow up" into.

July 06, 2011, 02:09:18 PM

Eating shit food and masturbating can also play a part in the phenomena right?

Oh, of course. It just seemed as if you guys were referring to him as a single entity. Just wanted to clear things up.

July 06, 2011, 04:19:34 PM
Shrimp seems to be a good anti-depressing.

July 06, 2011, 10:59:16 PM
In the early and mid 20th century, blue collar work was a proud occupation of a huge chunk of the population. Manufacture of world-leading products, unionised workforces, and the sense of lending a hand in a greater creative output all created an identity that men were proud to hold. I don't see it as a surprise that with the export of manufacturing jobs to cheap nations like India and China we have been left with a generation of lost men who refuse to work as feminized shirts in a call centre, back office or retail outlet.

The mainstream media puts the blame squarely on the individual people - saying they are immature, or lazy, or feckless. But these are symptoms of a greater decline. The western nations have been mismanaged in that they have chosen to turn away from manufacture for purely economic reasons. But they do not ever address the fact that for over 7,000 years, manual labour has been the primary method of making a living for most adult men.

Modern man cannot grow up, because there is nothing to "grow up" into.
This is really on point.

July 16, 2011, 11:47:39 AM
This society sucks and is dying, so most run away.

That is ultimately a self-defeating strategy, but they have no hope anyway.

And everyone else is acting as if a gov't bailout will appear...

July 17, 2011, 05:39:48 AM
for purely economic reasons

America, Russia, and those in between have wholly subscribed to various strains of marxism, which was and remains a constant reaction to the effects of industrializing and ongoing post-industrial society.

Prior tradition, encompassing things beyond the mere economic, offered no means to effectively address this historic phenomenon and that is probably why tradition has been swept away. We are now left with no foundational principles in common other than the economic. We are told that which is not of the economic (immaterial) is irrational and that the irrational is bad for us because it is the source of all woe.

Here we find the primary source of the problem for our civilization. Notice that having thrown out tradition we no longer even have a formal right of passage for non-Jewish and non-Catholic Western boys into manhood.

July 17, 2011, 05:41:32 AM
for purely economic reasons

America, Russia, and those in between have wholly subscribed to various strains of marxism, which was and remains a constant reaction to the effects of industrializing and ongoing post-industrial society.

Prior tradition, encompassing things beyond the mere economic, offered no means to effectively address this historic phenomenon and that is probably why tradition has been swept away. We are now left with no foundational principles in common other than the economic. We are told that which is not of the economic (immaterial - can't see it or touch it then ignore it) is irrational and that the irrational is bad for us because it is the source of all woe.

Here we find the primary source of the problem for our civilization. Notice that having thrown out tradition in favor of materialist fundamentalism, we no longer even have a formal rite of passage for non-Jewish and non-Catholic Western boys into manhood. The latter, Communion, is but a ritual formality.