Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deathmetal.org?

Deathmetal.org?
July 10, 2011, 03:57:40 AM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing deathmetal.org?

"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "

Re: Deathmetal.org?
July 10, 2011, 04:06:15 AM
Yes, only the main bar above is loading.

IT'S GOJIRA'S REVENGE
Master of broken english!

July 10, 2011, 04:17:52 AM
I think it may be Internet Explorer-every other browser I try seems to work fine.

Odd
"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "

July 10, 2011, 05:42:10 PM
I confirm that DeathMetal.org doesn't work in IE7, only the header shows.

By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros? Peacedogman I don't know much about but it doesn't seem too metally, the BNR metal pages is just a relic of the past I mean come on there's nothing special about it today, and Metaleros hasn't even been updated in ages.

I always lose some respect for a website if it has poor external links.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

July 11, 2011, 03:19:26 PM
I confirm that DeathMetal.org doesn't work in IE7, only the header shows.

By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros? Peacedogman I don't know much about but it doesn't seem too metally, the BNR metal pages is just a relic of the past I mean come on there's nothing special about it today, and Metaleros hasn't even been updated in ages.

I think Devamitra writes for Peacedogman.

July 11, 2011, 05:00:06 PM

What external links would you like to see?

What external links are on your website?

July 11, 2011, 11:21:17 PM

What external links would you like to see?

What external links are on your website?

I would like to see external links that are not there just for show. It feels to me like they're being linked to just so their status can rub off onto the image of the website linking to them (and personally I don't even think they're links of great status). Also I do not appreciate when blogrolls are included just to add another feature and make your website look 'busier' or more rich in features, but this is a problem I see on almost every metal site. Finally I do not like blogrolls because they often reflect the subjective views of a website's authors, when that website is actually trying to represent a whole genre or sub-genre beyond the particular preferences of select individuals, although it depends on the goals of the website and I acknowledge sometimes there's no problem at all with a bit of added subjectivity.

For these reasons my website doesn't have a blogroll.
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

July 12, 2011, 05:14:08 AM
Interesting observations. Although I am unsure what status deathmetal.org would gain by having three links that are in your estimation of little value. Is Metaleros of such stature in the metal world that simply by linking to it deathmetal.org would have its image heightened? This is a site that has not been updated in nearly a year after all.

Also,are you claiming that deathmetal.org has added these 9 external links simply to have there site appear more rich in features or look busier? If that is the case, do you not suppose that the editors could do this in a much more novel way, are there not better features that they could showcase beyond....a blog roll........

Does your decision to not have a blogroll on your website reflect the subjective view of the website's author?...:)

July 12, 2011, 03:14:54 PM
Interesting observations. Although I am unsure what status deathmetal.org would gain by having three links that are in your estimation of little value. Is Metaleros of such stature in the metal world that simply by linking to it deathmetal.org would have its image heightened? This is a site that has not been updated in nearly a year after all.

Also,are you claiming that deathmetal.org has added these 9 external links simply to have there site appear more rich in features or look busier? If that is the case, do you not suppose that the editors could do this in a much more novel way, are there not better features that they could showcase beyond....a blog roll........

Does your decision to not have a blogroll on your website reflect the subjective view of the website's author?...:)

All I'll say is that for my website (link in sig) I have scoured the internet and in the process visited every single metal website there is out there. Lots of people still rave about Metaleros, for some reason. It's like there are these cliques that tend to favor certain flavors of links for their blogrolls, and yes basically everyone has a blogroll. I used others' blogrolls a lot to find out about other metal websites I didn't know about in my research, so that's why I'm familiar with their blogrolls, and I can tell you it's often circular you'll be cycling back and forth among the same group or clique of websites. I think in many cases blogrolls are just automatically added, it's not even given consideration whether or not they should be added because they're generally seen as a staple for any website. Also they're often employed because if you add a website to your blogroll then they'll add you to theirs, so you get a backlink good for SEO purposes, but I don't think this was the case for DeathMetal.org.

Are blog rolls any less innocuous than wearing clothes so that you're not naked in front of other people? Perhaps not. However we recognize that if we have to wear clothes then sure we might as well take the opportunity to choose certain clothes to wear over other clothes and express our personal sense of style. But with blogrolls it seems often it's viewed strictly as a utilitarian resource not as an expression of personal taste, yet the expression of personal taste is nevertheless a factor, and thus the expression of personal taste becomes an unconscious factor, an unconscious wink, unconscious cliques, and to me those are the worst kinds.

July 12, 2011, 05:48:21 PM
I fucking hate blog rolls.  And I hate overly "busy" sites as well.  Transcix, I basically love your site, but actually it's kind of a silly way to find YOUR actual writings, because they're at metaldiscourser/blog. But it should just be on the front page or you should have a "roll" of your interviews and such, right on that main site in your sig.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

July 16, 2011, 11:41:08 AM
By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros?

Loyalty. They keep hoping the metaleros dude will post more stuff, BNR is a better resource than metal-archives, and Peacedogman is where one of the writers sometimes writes.

July 17, 2011, 01:21:55 AM
I fucking hate blog rolls.  And I hate overly "busy" sites as well.  Transcix, I basically love your site, but actually it's kind of a silly way to find YOUR actual writings, because they're at metaldiscourser/blog. But it should just be on the front page or you should have a "roll" of your interviews and such, right on that main site in your sig.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I was on vacation. I'm glad you like my website... I understand what you're saying and appreciate your feedback. It's definitely something I'm conscious of. It will probably be addressed one way or another directly or indirectly in the future as the website continues to develop.

By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros?

Loyalty. They keep hoping the metaleros dude will post more stuff, BNR is a better resource than metal-archives, and Peacedogman is where one of the writers sometimes writes.

Gah I hate that loyalty stuff. Also I hate one-person review websites, the only reason I prefer metal-archives to BNR is because they offer a diversity of perspectives but in this day and age I would go a step further now that we have review aggregators such as Web of Metal.  That's just my opinion.

July 17, 2011, 06:57:08 PM
I'm glad we have lots of little sites, blogs and forum posts instead of a single authoritative source like Metal-Archives for thinking people.

By all means, keep starting them blogspots people so that in a year, you can abandon them.

And nothing will have changed.

Humans are self-defeaters.

You have a chance to work with the oldest/most consistent metal website out there... and instead, lots of little ego-blogs. Brilliant.

We don't need more voices; we need a strong voice, and something tells me the other people maintaining this site are also overtaxed by their current time commitments. Call it insider knowledge + a good hunch.

July 18, 2011, 04:25:40 AM
I'm glad we have lots of little sites, blogs and forum posts instead of a single authoritative source like Metal-Archives for thinking people.

By all means, keep starting them blogspots people so that in a year, you can abandon them.

And nothing will have changed.

Humans are self-defeaters.

You have a chance to work with the oldest/most consistent metal website out there... and instead, lots of little ego-blogs. Brilliant.

We don't need more voices; we need a strong voice, and something tells me the other people maintaining this site are also overtaxed by their current time commitments. Call it insider knowledge + a good hunch.

I"m not entirely clear on your meaning here.

I was advocating aggregation of music reviews for the sake of efficiency because I consider music reviews a rather straight-forward, conventional affair. On more fundamental matters I would want to move beyond simply gathering all opinions into one place, I would want to engage in research and discourse and work to forward what I believe is the truth.

I agree in the online metal scene often people would be better off working for pre-existing blogs rather than starting up their own. They are indeed 'ego-blogs'.

I agree with your suspicions about the people maintaining this website being overtaxed, although I thought you were one of those people and I always remarked you seemed to have more time than the others... you're just a moderator then, and nothing more?

By the way, I have my own website, but I'd want to work for DLA, but I don't have the chance, I actually don't... because I don't agree with all your views. And I'd like to offer some of you the opportunity to write on my website, but I know that wouldn't work either because your views are too different so you wouldn't want to.

July 18, 2011, 03:04:56 PM
I was advocating aggregation of music reviews for the sake of efficiency because I consider music reviews a rather straight-forward, conventional affair. On more fundamental matters I would want to move beyond simply gathering all opinions into one place, I would want to engage in research and discourse and work to forward what I believe is the truth.

Me too.

There's one Metal-archives, for the mainstream-underground perspective.

There's noisecreep and pitchfork and jumpuponthisshit.etc for all the mainstream-mainstream stuff.

DLA is an underground-underground perspective, as is deathmetal.org, as is your (Transcix's) metal site.

Combine the fuckers and have one powerful voice.

In fact, I think the DLA should move to deathmetal.org and have one strong voice. They need to fix the site design on deathmetal.org, obviously, but I'm sure that's not hard.