Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deathmetal.org?

Re: Deathmetal.org?
July 18, 2011, 03:48:34 PM
This would require being judged, "knowing" (finding) your place, and not writing whatever you want, and I don't think my man panty can't handle that yet.
I was raped as a child many times, but I eventually grew to like it.

July 18, 2011, 04:03:46 PM
In fact, I think the DLA should move to deathmetal.org and have one strong voice. They need to fix the site design on deathmetal.org, obviously, but I'm sure that's not hard.

This is an interesting idea.  Deathmetal.org is the third result when one searches Google for "Death Metal", anus.com/metal/about/deathmetal.htm is eleventh or eighth (depending on whether you count Youtube links and Image links).  DLA doesn't even turn up on the first page (Disability Living Allowance LOL).

I like the "web" system which has been implemented with some of the ANUS-related websites, whereby each site has conspicuous (though not conspicuous enough) links to similar websites, thus allowing the reader to wind their way through related content at their leisure.  A full implementation of this would be preferable to getting every single scrap of related material and shoving it on one single site (navigation would be horrendous unless you were to cut most of the material, at which point it might as well exist in its own space as ever).

And with that, I'm going to follow my own advice.

July 19, 2011, 02:38:08 AM
I understand you can game the search engine index by (1) clicking through to the website then (2) visiting an additional link therein after the site page comes up. This activity has two effects. First, the site moves up in relevance to where it will eventually reach number one when others use the same keywords. Second, it makes other website analysis systems believe there is interesting content to be found.

July 19, 2011, 11:30:04 AM
By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros?

Loyalty. They keep hoping the metaleros dude will post more stuff, BNR is a better resource than metal-archives, and Peacedogman is where one of the writers sometimes writes.

Actually it's even more simple: old school link exchange. You link us, we link you, within reasonable limits of relevance.

I admit the links to non-active sites are somewhat embarrassing, but I thought the old existing content might be interesting to people anyway.

I rarely surf around the net these days or read any new websites so good people are free to send in their recommendations for links to add/remove by the usual channel - the dm.org contact page (or Youtube page, Facebook page, what have you...).

July 19, 2011, 11:59:56 PM
By the way, I've always wondered, why in the world does DeathMetal.org link down on the right-hand sidebar to the websites Peacedogman, BNR metal pages and Metaleros?

Loyalty. They keep hoping the metaleros dude will post more stuff, BNR is a better resource than metal-archives, and Peacedogman is where one of the writers sometimes writes.

Actually it's even more simple: old school link exchange. You link us, we link you, within reasonable limits of relevance.

I admit the links to non-active sites are somewhat embarrassing, but I thought the old existing content might be interesting to people anyway.

I rarely surf around the net these days or read any new websites so good people are free to send in their recommendations for links to add/remove by the usual channel - the dm.org contact page (or Youtube page, Facebook page, what have you...).

I see, I have a link exchange on my website as well, but I don't put it on the front page, in fact it's not a very obvious area on my website. I don't like visible (front page) link exchanges unless you only allow links to websites you approve of, but in the case of my website I really wanted to remain neutral so I didn't want to express my own personal views in a blogroll link exchange thing.

I understand you can game the search engine index by (1) clicking through to the website then (2) visiting an additional link therein after the site page comes up. This activity has two effects. First, the site moves up in relevance to where it will eventually reach number one when others use the same keywords. Second, it makes other website analysis systems believe there is interesting content to be found.

It's more complex than that, but I'm not sure how this is relevant to blogrolls or whether or not to combine deathmetal.org with DLA.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow — RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

July 20, 2011, 01:41:01 AM
Because the goal is increasing the domain's relevance to death metal to the underground metal public. Why? The domain is the best for information about death metal. The goal isn't a couple of the selected methods or contentions around this end.

We don't need more voices; we need a strong voice

July 20, 2011, 03:27:33 AM
Because the goal is increasing the domain's relevance to death metal to the underground metal public. Why? The domain is the best for information about death metal. The goal isn't a couple of the selected methods or contentions around this end.

We don't need more voices; we need a strong voice

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you mean from an SEO perspective. You're not the only one with this knowledge so other websites will be similarly optimized, however does it require selling out by linking to popular rather than quality content?
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow — RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

July 20, 2011, 06:13:25 PM
SEO is getting popular sites to link to you, not the other way around. If the sites they linked to linked back, win for them.

The real problem with deathmetal.org is too little content. It's a blog about death metal. So what? Hessian.org does some great stuff too, but there's no one-stop shop. ANUS is spread out across a dozen domains, and no one is going to browse them all.

If you want to be anything but irrelevant, you're going to have to grow up and play the game. I think this is where ANUS will go in the future but I wouldn't bet real money on it, especially not in a recession.

Most old school sites just fade away because the owners got older and have to take care of families, jobs and houses now. No time to fuck around with a web site.

July 20, 2011, 06:47:28 PM
no one is going to browse them all.

Yes they are (to a point), and yes they do.  I can name people, myself included, who regularly check anus.com, anus.com/metal, deathmetal.org, hessian.org, forest poetry, amerika.org, and, before it went south, antihumanism.com.  It's useful to categorise in this way: I wouldn't expect to be reading a "Death Metal Album of the Week" post on anus.com or amerika.org, and I wouldn't expect "Non-Africans are Sapiens/Neanderthal Mix" on hessian.org or forest poetry.

Perhaps another method would be to create an overarching site that simply directs traffic to other sites depending on what they're looking for?

There needs to be separation between the mundane (news, reviews, samples) and the esoteric (philosophy, ideology) on the one hand, and between Metal (Hessian-related) and non-Metal (non-Hessian related, or at least more accessible/relevant to non-Hessians) on the other.

July 20, 2011, 08:33:48 PM
There needs to be separation between the mundane (news, reviews, samples) and the esoteric (philosophy, ideology) on the one hand, and between Metal (Hessian-related) and non-Metal (non-Hessian related, or at least more accessible/relevant to non-Hessians) on the other.

Yes, very true.

I think having two sites would also improve traffic. Make it simple; people like simple.

* http://www.amerika.org//
* http://www.deathmetal.org/

The two orgs.

July 20, 2011, 10:09:53 PM
SEO is getting popular sites to link to you, not the other way around. If the sites they linked to linked back, win for them.

SEO stands for "search engine optimization", which I'm pretty sure covers a whole range of areas.

The real problem with deathmetal.org is too little content. It's a blog about death metal. So what?

But what kind of content do you want? In my experience reviews are actually pretty lame and they really don't attract many readers. But what else is there to say, exclusively in the realm of death metal? What exactly do you want, ideally? I have trouble imagining it... and I still think finding a way to monetize it is the best way to go.

July 21, 2011, 01:07:10 AM
By association, there are some (admittedly weak from an impartial and just perspective) public relations liabilities (also: anus, but no p0rn!?) that could be played up by anyone who hates to see others ("those ANUS guys") succeed. The associations need to be made less apparent and there needs to be a positive public relations effort so that any business objective isn't constantly undermined or readily undermined by some otherwise powerless keyboard activists. Otherwise, I wouldn't bank on the money making.

July 22, 2011, 02:09:36 PM
By association, there are some (admittedly weak from an impartial and just perspective) public relations liabilities (also: anus, but no p0rn!?) that could be played up by anyone who hates to see others ("those ANUS guys") succeed. The associations need to be made less apparent and there needs to be a positive public relations effort so that any business objective isn't constantly undermined or readily undermined by some otherwise powerless keyboard activists. Otherwise, I wouldn't bank on the money making.

ANUS has problems:

* The name I: people are afraid of it
* The name II: it's automatically filtered
* Mixing of political and metal
* Massive, ancient HTML structure

Solutions are straightforward:

* Move ALL metal content to one domain
* Move ALL political content to another
* Resurrect CORRUPT content
* Move to easily-maintained software

That's the long-term solution that will solve all of these problems and get us new reviews and more activity.

I'll say this again:

The DLA needs to get popular

In order to reach the 5% who are exceptional, you need to reach the 95% so the 5% know it's there

In addition, you need political power or you have zero influence

Right now, deathmetal.org/hessian.org/anus.com-metal/grindcore.org have little influence compared to what they should.

We need to fix that.

July 22, 2011, 03:05:56 PM
* Resurrect CORRUPT content
Doesn't Amerika.org serve more or less the same purpose as CORRUPT did? Amerika has much better writers by my reckoning, although I did enjoy CORRUPT from time to time.

July 22, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
I think serious readers simply have different expectations for each of the sites we are talking about,combining them may not be the best solution.......in fact combining them may alienate some deathmetal.org readers, or some DLA readers, or Hessian.org readers. I am not sure this is what we want.......

Also, under whose leadership would the combination of these sites fall if this were to occur?
"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "