By association, there are some (admittedly weak from an impartial and just perspective) public relations liabilities (also: anus, but no p0rn!?) that could be played up by anyone who hates to see others ("those ANUS guys") succeed. The associations need to be made less apparent and there needs to be a positive public relations effort so that any business objective isn't constantly undermined or readily undermined by some otherwise powerless keyboard activists. Otherwise, I wouldn't bank on the money making.
ANUS has problems:
* The name I: people are afraid of it
* The name II: it's automatically filtered
* Mixing of political and metal
* Massive, ancient HTML structure
Solutions are straightforward:
* Move ALL metal content to one domain
* Move ALL political content to another
* Resurrect CORRUPT content
* Move to easily-maintained software
That's the long-term solution that will solve all of these problems and get us new reviews and more activity.
I'll say this again:The DLA needs to get popular
In order to reach the 5% who are exceptional, you need to reach the 95% so the 5% know it's there
In addition, you need political power or you have zero influence
Right now, deathmetal.org/hessian.org/anus.com-metal/grindcore.org have little influence compared to what they should.
We need to fix that.