Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Too much cruelty?

Re: Too much cruelty?
July 19, 2011, 01:24:19 PM
I have several issues with the proposal in question but most of them are irrelevant to any discussion here.  However, I am more concerned with some of the knee-jerk responses to it.  Statements can be discussed rationally; emotional outbursts cannot.

Having said that, I'd like to bitch about something.  One of the things I found attractive about this site was its brutal honesty, especially in terms of its handling of is/ought statements.  Facts, no matter how unpopular, were stated as such with no apology, and social preferences were addressed explicitly as such and in great detail.  I have a huge problem with a glaring ambiguity in this proposal that I can't recall ever seeing before on this site.

The proposal is a universal declaration devoid of the necessary Nationalist context.  This proposal is only applicable to whatever society in which its author resides, or at least wishes to.  For obvious reasons, I would (or at least should) not be a part of whatever Nation to which the author belongs.  My guess is that most readers would not either.

Given this, I believe a failure to properly communicate has occurred, and I don't believe it is purely semantic or anything like that.

To put it concisely, a specific solution to a large scale issue is being asserted in a narrow way.  It is up to each nation to determine how to deal with this problem as it affects its own people.  I have absolutely no sympathy for globalist ambitions.

July 20, 2011, 11:13:54 AM
Haha yeah sure, us "white Americans" only wish we could live up to the glory of the great nation of Brazil.

Don't come to rural Arizona or Texas making comments like that unless you want a twelve gauge up the ass.

Actually, don't come at all.

Please reconsider posting things like this. I'm not sure it helps.

July 20, 2011, 01:16:42 PM

"If Dave is mentally retarded or criminal, you might do it to his whole family."

1. It's not about this cruel/uncruel dichotomy. It's about effective results.

2. If the man is a 'tard, he will pass on those defective genes. Kill the fucker. If he has already passed on the genes, kill his family. If you sterilize them, they will resent you and agitate against you, so kill them.

3. Most people are stupid assholes who are cruel by inattention and slovenly mass tastes. Kill them all.

Purge this earth of its proles-of-the-soul and you will have a new plateau for the human species. Also you get to keep your environment and its creatures that way. BONUS!

Doesn't most people have some neurotics, losers or faggots in their families even if they are OK people ?

Most people, we can consider good, cluster in the low end, just like most people, we consider intelligent, have IQ's between  120-130.

To be realistic, it would be quite difficult for the topmost of the bell curve to kill all beneath (but good luck anyway.)

July 20, 2011, 01:34:38 PM
Most people, we can consider good, cluster in the low end, just like most people, we consider intelligent, have IQ's between  120-130.

120+ is your top fifth of the population. They can easily enslave and depatriate the rest.

July 21, 2011, 07:42:15 AM
Killing a family over an individual seems excessive, unless the exact source of defective genes can be traced.  As far as the Final Solution type theories go, I seriously doubt whether anyone is stupid enough to believe that such things have any practical value, but they have a less explicit meaning, and also deter hipsters and humanists from this site.  I used to think that these kinds of statements were pointless, but since I saw what happened at corrupt.org when people tried the 'watering down' approach I'm willing to put up with them.

July 21, 2011, 01:50:59 PM
Killing a family over an individual seems excessive, unless the exact source of defective genes can be traced.  As far as the Final Solution type theories go, I seriously doubt whether anyone is stupid enough to believe that such things have any practical value, but they have a less explicit meaning, and also deter hipsters and humanists from this site.  I used to think that these kinds of statements were pointless, but since I saw what happened at corrupt.org when people tried the 'watering down' approach I'm willing to put up with them.

That Corrupt.org became an open treehouse do not justify the nonsense of this Final Solution. Such things may keep away hipsters and humanists, but also sensible, smart and professional people. You know, there are options besides the happy clubhouse and the nihilist fuckhouse of horrors, and  if some people living beyond that two childish options keep coming here, it's because there are some valuable individuals in this place, at least that's why I keep coming here.

July 21, 2011, 08:33:23 PM
Killing a family over an individual seems excessive, unless the exact source of defective genes can be traced.  As far as the Final Solution type theories go, I seriously doubt whether anyone is stupid enough to believe that such things have any practical value, but they have a less explicit meaning, and also deter hipsters and humanists from this site.  I used to think that these kinds of statements were pointless, but since I saw what happened at corrupt.org when people tried the 'watering down' approach I'm willing to put up with them.

That Corrupt.org became an open treehouse do not justify the nonsense of this Final Solution. Such things may keep away hipsters and humanists, but also sensible, smart and professional people. You know, there are options besides the happy clubhouse and the nihilist fuckhouse of horrors, and  if some people living beyond that two childish options keep coming here, it's because there are some valuable individuals in this place, at least that's why I keep coming here.

You're right, but in the time I have known about this site, I have never seen any evidence of it progressing beyond a collection of profound philosophical insights accompanied by political policies which are pure fantasy.  The latter problem is probably due to oversights in the philosophical section.

Corrupt.org was the only time anyone here has tried to move this site further in a practical sense, it was a complete failure, and so far no one has made another attempt.  I do not these kind of failures are a problem if we learn from them and do better next time.

July 22, 2011, 06:54:12 AM
"If Dave is mentally retarded or criminal, you might do it to his whole family."

I appreciate posts like the ones the words above came from as a kind of "wake up call" not to be taken extremely seriously. But I wonder. Isn't the author exposing his real opinion?

Maybe. The bigger question, though - does it matter? You'll often encounter statements here to the effect of "heed the message, not the messenger." That approach is valuable, but that mentality should be taken a small, but enormously significant, step further: not only heed the message, but heed your own reaction to it. Dwell on it. You have a mind of your own. Whether the author was expressing his real opinion or not doesn't matter; the opinion itself was encountered (by you) and that allows you to digest it until you are able to shit forth a fully-formed turd of your own. As befits the site's name :)

Which is not to say that the point of all those articles is to allow people to express their individuality through thought exercises. The overall effect, intended or not, is that discussion emerges, internal just as much as interpersonal. By coming across statements and proposals that you aren't likely to find in most other places (and probably no other places that aren't recognizably insane anyway) your mind coils itself around ideas beyond your own scope of thinking. This allows growth.

Or, maybe every article in that vein was written by a lonely bitter nerd. But I'm the type to glean anything he can, at all times, from everything he encounters in life. Some of existence agrees with my ideals, some of it does not, but all of it contributes to the process of growth, so in a certain sense all of it agrees with me :)

the nihilist fuckhouse of horrors
haha goddamn what a beautiful phrase, it rolls off the tongue so well.