Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

DLA IRC chatroom?

DLA IRC chatroom?
July 19, 2011, 05:25:13 AM
I just took notice of the brief discussion of a possible DLA chatroom in the "Fix this forum" thread. I too would appreciate an IRC room, let's settle upon a server and get a channel up and running.

Re: DLA IRC chatroom?
July 19, 2011, 01:58:23 PM
i'd chat there. however, the forum is sort of slow as it is. that isn't a bad thing, but i suspect a DLA irc channel might end up pretty desolate.

July 20, 2011, 01:48:18 AM
That was the case in the past. But small quantity of members, time zone differences and offline commitments are the usual culprits. Someone could probably hang out for 24 hours and see thirty different people log in all day, look around and leave because from their perspective, nobody uses the IRC.

July 20, 2011, 02:32:50 AM
I agree that time zones are a barrier to the success of a chat room. The only way I could see it working is if the chats were divided up by country. That way if somebody in the UK wanted to join the US chat room, they would know to avoid checking it when it is 4am in the US.

July 20, 2011, 06:17:04 AM
That old server would be great if it was actively online. I tried connecting to it through mibbit and chatzilla before checking online to see that it is currently very inconsistent.

July 20, 2011, 06:10:44 PM
I'd feel better about this if I saw the metal forums place hoppin'

Server: irc.hardchats.com
Channel: #anus

July 22, 2011, 04:21:05 AM

https://cbe002.chat.mibbit.com/#

Go there, click on server, and fill as mentioned:

Server: irc.hardchats.com

Channel: #anus

July 25, 2011, 07:08:12 PM
Go in and type the most autistic thing you can think of. People are very accepting. It's really weird to think that the group of ANUS people are actually the most tolerant and gentle group I have ever seen on IRC.

Still blows my mind.

July 27, 2011, 03:25:44 AM
OK, this chatroom was a terrible idea.

Yesterday, everyone was impersonating Nazis.

Today, it's gay bukkake, or some variation thereof.

Last night apparently they were praising pedophilia.

This is the most horrible, venal, offensive, disgusting, chaotic, filthy place I've ever been.

Can't wait to go back!

July 28, 2011, 03:30:15 AM
I'm going to be there from time to time.

July 29, 2011, 11:19:47 PM
Today's topic: wikipedia (and fecal baths).

July 30, 2011, 03:27:52 AM
I'm trying to get online. I seem to miss the conversations for the most part.

August 04, 2011, 03:42:50 AM
Almost all the conversations I've seen taking place in the chat room so far have been totally contrary to what I believe the real spirit of Hessiandom is about. I would definitely like to see more moderation, or at least some guidance from respected members of the DLA community.

I've always been going into the chat room late at night though (Easter time), if there's a better time someone could recommend I'd appreciate the advice. Perhaps officially recommended times could be established for people who want to have a really worthwhile chat experience.

August 04, 2011, 06:44:49 AM
Did you mean Eastern time?

I would like to think I can be mildly worthwhile to talk to on IRC when I'm not playing along with the gasjews ALLCAPS DICK GRABBING.

August 04, 2011, 08:36:06 AM
Almost all the conversations I've seen taking place in the chat room so far have been totally contrary to what I believe the real spirit of Hessiandom is about. I would definitely like to see more moderation, or at least some guidance from respected members of the DLA community.

You mean kids goofing off isn't Hessian?

What have I been doing with my life...