Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Forgiveness

Forgiveness
July 21, 2011, 02:49:08 AM
What are your thoughts on forgiveness, especially in relation to environmental predeterminism for behaviour in life?

Re: Forgiveness
July 21, 2011, 04:44:53 AM
Everyone should work to their maximum potential. If someone doesn't, they should be pushed so that they do.

The past is irrelevant, the future is what matters. Act out of foresight, not hindsight.

July 22, 2011, 02:35:36 AM
The notion of guilt is that all are born innocent and equal, and that forgiveness can be bought.

If you  see a man stealing a dollar from your friend, then you can be certain, that that man would steal a million from you, if he had the chance. Furthermore, if he seem like a sneaky wierdo, he would rape all of your pets in addition, as soon as you turn your back.

So you must judge him for the nature of his character, and not hold him guilty just for a dept of one dollar.

People don't like being judged by their characters, it's a notion of this-for-that : "I have not done nothing to that particular individual, so why must i feel the scourge of vengence?"

But it is our duty to execute justice over anyone with an immoral character, as they are born sinners.

July 22, 2011, 06:48:01 AM
But it is our duty to execute justice over anyone with an immoral character, as they are born sinners.

Keeping in mind that this site is supposedly based in the idea of nihilism, this idea is retarded. Find out what works and what is beautiful in life and stick to that, we don't need to prance around and pat ourselves on the back over being bringers of "justice" and destroyer of "sinners" like we're the westboro baptist church.

Unless you like staring at the shadows on the cave wall, because we're all entitled to our faulty world views, right?

July 22, 2011, 09:27:30 AM
The idea that everything is equally moral right, moral nihilism,  is a retarded idea.

Are you refering to Platos cave allegory? Staring at the shadows is in fact to judge by actions only, he who glances at the light of truth judges the character of the person, and he executes justice over a man even if the man have not yet commited the crime.

July 22, 2011, 09:58:50 AM
The idea that everything is equally moral right, moral nihilism,  is a retarded idea.

How can everything be equally something which doesn't exist?  The point of the "moral" aspect of nihilism is to recognise "morality" as a fundamentally human/subjective construction, then to re-evaluate everything in our lives in an objective fashion, thereby creating, for want of a better expression, a personal "morality" (i.e. code of right action).

July 22, 2011, 11:12:16 AM
We seem to agree. Though it is really futile to discern object/subject in such matters, as everything concerning human life can be called a construction in some sense.

But my dictionary defines "moral" as quite equal to "code of right action," so perhaps you are also moral without knowing it.