Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

MEGADETH

Re: MEGADETH
August 02, 2011, 09:00:13 AM
I wonder if ANUS Metal can have a Speed/Thrash metal band like Slayer, why not Megadeth?

August 02, 2011, 09:27:44 AM
I wonder if ANUS Metal can have a Speed/Thrash metal band like Slayer, why not Megadeth?

'cause Slayer has always been more death metal oriented in subject matter, technique, and imagery. Megadeth is more typical speed/thrash.

August 02, 2011, 09:33:16 AM

'cause Slayer has always been more death metal oriented in subject matter, technique, and imagery.

Paraphrasing Fenriz: "Slayer played thrash riffs under the vocalist, but everything else was Death Metal".

August 02, 2011, 05:21:06 PM
Always love the humour!

August 05, 2011, 01:46:58 PM
Paraphrasing Fenriz: "Slayer played thrash riffs under the vocalist, but everything else was Death Metal".

Or black metal, in the case of "Necrophiliac" and "Crypts of Eternity," or hell, a pretty good portion of Hell Awaits.

September 17, 2011, 12:20:55 AM
Megadeth's early stuff is far superior to Metallica's.

No way in hell......."Killing is my Business" was a MAJOR lame dissapointment after hearing "Kill 'Em All".

September 17, 2011, 09:18:50 AM

No way in hell......."Killing is my Business" was a MAJOR lame dissapointment after hearing "Kill 'Em All".

"Peace Sells" is likely their peak. Either that or "Rust In Peace"

But we can agree to disagree.

September 20, 2011, 06:41:19 AM
this band should have rusted in peace

September 20, 2011, 09:46:51 AM
Rust in Peace was one of my favorite albums back in high school. Upon re-listening, it wasn't particularly cringe inducing or boring, but it wasn't fulfilling either.  The riffs use longer phrasing and more melody compared to the blockheaded speed metal bands, but the songwriting is meh; "Rust in Peace... Polaris" and "Holy Wars - The Punishment Due" are both literally two songs smashed into one track. Songs 'Tornado of Souls" et al are kinda fun but derivative.

This band can be avoided without any great loss.

September 26, 2011, 05:02:49 AM

how much did dave contribute to "Kill 'Em All" album