Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Update

Update
July 25, 2011, 06:33:36 PM
As usual, I always come back after an absence. This time, my computer was down, but easily solved.

I recall the topic of physical health, and I was inspired to pursue my own. I have made the full commitment to a body building lifestyle to which I can use the strength in many ways. It is always important to maintain as much strength as you can for as long as you can. In this regards I have a trainer that is a great friend and access to a "dungeon" gym where all this suffering will occur! And free, which is great...

Oh, and did anyone else pick up a Demilich shirt after all this time! Damn, I been on the list for three years! Ha! But worth it!

Re: Update
July 28, 2011, 09:06:58 PM
Well I was not here four years ago when you were around, but I enjoyed our conversation in the chat room tonight. Let us mark this occasion - the first *serious* conversation in the DLA chat! It's a start?

July 29, 2011, 06:03:45 AM
Indeed it was a nice conversion. Forgive me if I was just "listening". I believe how I am I always listen when it comes to a chat, but in person I can speak freer as opposed to writing. That is why I would love to see other Hessians at shows, but in some areas they are hard to meet. You would think that a city such as Philadelphia ,which has major visible corruption, would inspire bands to use their anger towards their art. Not so. Many art schools and jazz musicians.....

August 02, 2011, 06:48:42 PM
I'm very glad to hear your decision to become more active and acquainted with your health has brought you such contentedness. I found exactly the same thing. I would recommend it to everyone. You would be surprised how satisfying the pain of recovery is, and if not (I could just be a masochist), when you actually feel the effects of your hard work. Feels good, man.

On a somewhat similar note, I and a few friends have taken to weapons training. Recently we have been undertaking aikido lessons to learn to wield a katana. Has anyone else had experience with martial arts/weapons training? I am currently undecided on a discipline and would appreciate recommendations.

August 02, 2011, 07:09:56 PM
Hmm weapons training is so vast. To know what you should try, think of what you would like to accomplish. I believe a great affect of my bodybuilding will lead to a better grasp of weapons training. Your body must be a weapon first before you grasp one in your hands. I love swords so I plan to train with one when I feel ready.

For discipline, there is iaido. Just learning to draw the sword and have such calm and control will lead to a better sense of more disciplines.

Kung fu is to stretch your muscles and  that flexibility which, once again, is helpful to excel in other training modes.

August 04, 2011, 01:38:10 AM
I'm very glad to hear your decision to become more active and acquainted with your health has brought you such contentedness. I found exactly the same thing. I would recommend it to everyone. You would be surprised how satisfying the pain of recovery is, and if not (I could just be a masochist), when you actually feel the effects of your hard work. Feels good, man.

On a somewhat similar note, I and a few friends have taken to weapons training. Recently we have been undertaking aikido lessons to learn to wield a katana. Has anyone else had experience with martial arts/weapons training? I am currently undecided on a discipline and would appreciate recommendations.

Local Hessians and I have started doing some HEMA and WMA stuff in weekly/twice-weekly sessions.  Mostly longswords and grappling, at the moment.  It's fun, good exercise, and very interesting to learn about.