Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS Centralization

ANUS Centralization
August 06, 2011, 11:41:24 PM
This topic has been brushed upon, so I will dust off old conversation.

My Proposition
  • Transfer essential Corrupt.org files/articles to Amerika.org; they can be located in a "Library" section or some other (pan-nationalism.org has a good FAQ, so let's add it). Corrupt.org is dead, the later articles were watered-down, and some of the php scripts are broken (bad headers?). Anyhow, there is no use in keeping information in a dead lair these days, what with the online entropy. Amerika.org should also contain the articles that appear on groin.com, because that domain focuses on solutions that align with Amerika.org's ideology. ANUS.com should transfer the major articles to Amerika.org's library as well. Next, we establish a group on Facebook to add friends, family, etc. interested in these ideologies. Contrary to its simpleton target audience, noble causes can be advertised/expanded there. I see plenty of Hessians/ANUSians/New Rightists on Facebook all the time. Also, promote the use of something like this at Amerika.org (scroll to the bottom of the page for real examples): http://www.anus.com/etc/fliers/  Additionally, we need people to rummage through Antihumanism.com, Nihil.org, and Forest Poetry for applicable information. ANUS's /etc directory has very useful information as well, or more articles need to be written at Amerika.org to expound upon those subjects (anti-modernism, anti-humanism, conservation's wisdom, etc.).
  • DLA and Hessian.org (including Hessian UK) are great, but DeathMetal.org is a more viable source in that it has the capacity to generate more traffic. Hessian's stuff is easy to add and advocate at DM.org, and DLA's articles and archives can be moved as well. This would require a RESTRUCTURING (not a simple facelift) of DeathMetal.org, but given that we collaborate on the best means of organization, this can be done.
  • Fix the damn contact forms so the staff can be emailed properly (a third-party or outsider may wish to align themselves with us, given that we don't go by "anus"); even I know a simple php script where people can select individual staff members/groups to contact. An IRC channel, mailing list, forum, comment sections galore, etc. are counterproductive. We need one or two mediums of communication, and this/these medium(s) should be as accessible as the contact form and information itself.
  • Prozak is not the only coder/designer, and we could use a development team. Personally, I am competent with XHTML, CSS, GIMP, and CMS (notably Wordpress, because it is actually good), and I know a few small, useful php scripts. Javascript and Flash are annoying. Mobile devices can easily access static pages, so mobile themes never have to be designed.
  • The fucking trolling... Trolling our own comments sections produces nothing. The trolls can help the cause by simply collaborating and trolling OTHER websites. Notably Ultimate-Guitar.com, Republican/Democratic/Christian forums and blogs, etc.
  • Establish Nihilism. It was apparent in my first read that ANUS advocates "active" nihilism, but I think we could do better in explaining this concept. The semantics could be improved post-centralization; perhaps a simple introduction to Amerkia.org (post-centralization) would suffice. I added this quip simply because I see people on the web acknowledge ANUS and denouncing the nihilism in place of existentialism, realism, etc. In other words, many readers get their definition of nihilism from the dictionary, thereby leading them to question the website entirely. This behavior can be circumvented by fixing a few things on our end.
  • Post-centralization, we should construct a Reading Recommendation page. I understand that we discuss books here, and ANUS has book recommendations (utterly hidden from general view!). For visitors, a single accessible resource is handy; this can be a service to us as well. Many of us enjoy reading.
  • Post-centralization, abolish the mediocre, slightly better-than-average music. Only advance that which you would put in your ears (over the course of more than a 7-day period), and tangibly promote bands like Birth A.D. who resurrect the zeal of the old. Basically, I would like to see responsible culture preservation, promotion, and support.

I have not contributed much to the cause admittedly, but I am offering my opinion. Currently, ANUS is stratified and apathetic.

NOTE: If this topic flourishes into fecund idea-exchange, then I will update this post with necessary information.

Re: ANUS Centralization
August 07, 2011, 12:48:08 AM
I agree with most of these points. Main thing being that I'll try to have a serious conversation about the DLA reviews, and everyone has to mention "anus.com". If there were more articles on deathmetal.org it would help.

August 07, 2011, 08:10:56 PM
I agree with most of these points. Main thing being that I'll try to have a serious conversation about the DLA reviews, and everyone has to mention "anus.com". If there were more articles on deathmetal.org it would help.

Yes. This would call for a bigger team, but I think the cause needs it.

August 17, 2011, 05:03:23 AM
I like "the Spectrum plan"

What contact form is broken? There are like a dozen...

I don't know how useful an IRC channel is, but it's fun for some people. Keep it, just let it maintain itself or die off.

I kind of feel the same way about the forum.

I think we need a better attitude around here about ignoring "toxic" users. They come here to stir up some shit so they feel better about their powerless lives. They are always extreme critics, with strong opinions, and they never volunteer a goddamn thing. The two are not unrelated.

Personally, I think it makes sense to see ANUS as several sites:

(1) Nihilism
(2) Far-right politics informed by nihilism, e.g. "adaptive politics"
(3) Underground metal
(4) Everything else: /etc, blasphemy, goofy humor

So where do each of these go?

Nihilism can go to http://www.nihil.org/

Far-right politics can go to http://www.amerika.org/

Underground metal can go to http://www.deathmetal.org/

I suggest we move some of the other stuff to http://www.groin.com/

I also suggest we consolidate metal sites like grindcore.org, hessian.org and deathmetal.org to be a subset of the ANUS content

ANUS has more content than those sites

August 21, 2011, 02:10:00 AM
  • Transfer essential Corrupt.org files/articles to Amerika.org; they can be located in a "Library" section or some other (pan-nationalism.org has a good FAQ, so let's add it). Corrupt.org is dead, the later articles were watered-down, and some of the php scripts are broken (bad headers?). Anyhow, there is no use in keeping information in a dead lair these days, what with the online entropy. Amerika.org should also contain the articles that appear on groin.com, because that domain focuses on solutions that align with Amerika.org's ideology. ANUS.com should transfer the major articles to Amerika.org's library as well. Next, we establish a group on Facebook to add friends, family, etc. interested in these ideologies. Contrary to its simpleton target audience, noble causes can be advertised/expanded there. I see plenty of Hessians/ANUSians/New Rightists on Facebook all the time. Also, promote the use of something like this at Amerika.org (scroll to the bottom of the page for real examples): http://www.anus.com/etc/fliers/  Additionally, we need people to rummage through Antihumanism.com, Nihil.org, and Forest Poetry for applicable information. ANUS's /etc directory has very useful information as well, or more articles need to be written at Amerika.org to expound upon those subjects (anti-modernism, anti-humanism, conservation's wisdom, etc.).

Good. Summary: all political and philosophical articles go to Amerika.

Exceptions: nihil.org for pure nihilism (most conservatives can't handle it) and groin.com (sex-related).

• DLA and Hessian.org (including Hessian UK) are great, but DeathMetal.org is a more viable source in that it has the capacity to generate more traffic. Hessian's stuff is easy to add and advocate at DM.org, and DLA's articles and archives can be moved as well. This would require a RESTRUCTURING (not a simple facelift) of DeathMetal.org, but given that we collaborate on the best means of organization, this can be done.

Good. All metal content to deathmetal.org.

• Fix the damn contact forms so the staff can be emailed properly (a third-party or outsider may wish to align themselves with us, given that we don't go by "anus"); even I know a simple php script where people can select individual staff members/groups to contact. An IRC channel, mailing list, forum, comment sections galore, etc. are counterproductive. We need one or two mediums of communication, and this/these medium(s) should be as accessible as the contact form and information itself.

Good point. Summary: do all contact through Amerika.org.

• Prozak is not the only coder/designer, and we could use a development team. Personally, I am competent with XHTML, CSS, GIMP, and CMS (notably Wordpress, because it is actually good), and I know a few small, useful php scripts. Javascript and Flash are annoying. Mobile devices can easily access static pages, so mobile themes never have to be designed.

Good. Summary: we need a development team. No Flash or Silverlight. Support mobile.

Objection: javascript can be useful if not overdone.

• The fucking trolling... Trolling our own comments sections produces nothing. The trolls can help the cause by simply collaborating and trolling OTHER websites. Notably Ultimate-Guitar.com, Republican/Democratic/Christian forums and blogs, etc.

I want us to have one place where people can just fuck around. Otherwise, yes.

• Establish Nihilism. It was apparent in my first read that ANUS advocates "active" nihilism, but I think we could do better in explaining this concept. The semantics could be improved post-centralization; perhaps a simple introduction to Amerkia.org (post-centralization) would suffice. I added this quip simply because I see people on the web acknowledge ANUS and denouncing the nihilism in place of existentialism, realism, etc. In other words, many readers get their definition of nihilism from the dictionary, thereby leading them to question the website entirely. This behavior can be circumvented by fixing a few things on our end.

See upcoming book.

• Post-centralization, we should construct a Reading Recommendation page. I understand that we discuss books here, and ANUS has book recommendations (utterly hidden from general view!). For visitors, a single accessible resource is handy; this can be a service to us as well. Many of us enjoy reading.
  • Post-centralization, abolish the mediocre, slightly better-than-average music. Only advance that which you would put in your ears (over the course of more than a 7-day period), and tangibly promote bands like Birth A.D. who resurrect the zeal of the old. Basically, I would like to see responsible culture preservation, promotion, and support.

OK

Good suggestions.[/list]

August 21, 2011, 08:33:02 PM

Good. All metal content to deathmetal.org.

Good. Summary: we need a development team. No Flash or Silverlight. Support mobile.

Objection: javascript can be useful if not overdone.

Handling a migration of Hessian and ANUS content over to deathmetal.org is definitely achievable from our side. We have all the CSS, XHTML and JS skills necessary to implement an overhaul and extra manpower would aid progress (I assume).

I also think any issues regarding Javascript can be avoided through purely functional rather than aesthetic application. Infact, when considering the task of potentially volunteering to overhaul the DLA and addressing the talked-about issues of systemisation and accessibility of content in the process, the potential that Javascript has to make light-work of heavy information seems too great to pass by.

Developing a landing page with a well-mapped out and clean user interface using Javascript to keep [/]everything[/i] (ie. having as few sub-directories as possible) fairly contained within reasonable page dimensions could be a great solution, while retaining all links and text in a narrowed format for mobile devices that don't support JS. Behind that, since Deathmetal.Org is based on Wordpress, everything can be sorted as we do into categories as they are translated into Wordpress pages, so there is that added order and context behind the new site-map.

August 23, 2011, 02:50:53 AM
Hessian.org is fantastic. That content should be with the rest.

We need volunteers to move ANUS, existing DM.org, existing Hessian.org, and existing grindcore.org content to a new DM.org where all of them can co-exist.

August 23, 2011, 04:06:36 PM
Handling a migration of Hessian and ANUS content over to deathmetal.org is definitely achievable from our side. We have all the CSS, XHTML and JS skills necessary to implement an overhaul and extra manpower would aid progress (I assume).

I also think any issues regarding Javascript can be avoided through purely functional rather than aesthetic application. Infact, when considering the task of potentially volunteering to overhaul the DLA and addressing the talked-about issues of systemisation and accessibility of content in the process, the potential that Javascript has to make light-work of heavy information seems too great to pass by.

If new site were to be created or deathmetal.org updated, I think the main thing that should be kept is the simplicity of ANUS. (Look at wikipedia/facebook/google - black text on white background with a few pictures - the best sites are the ones that trim the fat) While it's hard to navigate sometimes and things could be better organized, the less things to distract from the actual content the better. That means no flash.

Remove the comment section on blogs/articles and direct people to the forums if they wish to comment. Keep Anus.com for the philosophy and remove the DLA to add it to deathmetal.org, combining the article sections.

August 23, 2011, 05:20:31 PM
Remove the comment section on blogs/articles and direct people to the forums if they wish to comment.

Agreed. Bear in mind that this requires more moderation. Maybe a central ANUS team is key, with moderator, developer, writer, etc. branches.

August 23, 2011, 07:10:11 PM

If new site were to be created or deathmetal.org updated, I think the main thing that should be kept is the simplicity of ANUS. (Look at wikipedia/facebook/google - black text on white background with a few pictures - the best sites are the ones that trim the fat) While it's hard to navigate sometimes and things could be better organized, the less things to distract from the actual content the better. That means no flash.

This is why I advocate the use of Javascript as a functional solution which can retain the minimalism of ANUS while eliminating the poor layout and clutter.

For example, the DLA band list could be sorted using an alphabetical jQuery navigation plug-in which compacts the list into an easily digestable structure. There's no need to overload the page with a lot of information; a script like this will manage the content for optimum user-interaction.

Another example, possibly for archiving older material, is a server-side file tree. There are many such scripts and immeasurably more possibilities; the layout will be the organic factor, proceeding from what needs to be prioritised and what needs to be implemented in order to reflect this hierachy in the design.

August 24, 2011, 12:38:38 AM
As an aside - what ever happened to grindcore.org? That site started off fantastically.....then nothing. A damn shame.

August 24, 2011, 02:51:34 PM
As an aside - what ever happened to grindcore.org? That site started off fantastically.....then nothing. A damn shame.

Post-centralization, we will move the grindcore information to a more well-known location. With more visitors, more people will attempt to assist in grindcore documentation.

September 03, 2011, 07:28:08 PM
The problem with these threads is a lack of resolution. One requirement for the future: clarity, not a jumble of people each spewing their own opinion in incompatible chaos. That's so modern it's sickening.

September 03, 2011, 07:55:28 PM
There's no "resolution" because the people who have control of the tools necessary to effect the changes suggested by threads such as these have little/no input.  The average poster can't do anything because they don't have confirmation/acceptance from the people who actually own the things which are suggested to be changed.

September 03, 2011, 08:20:42 PM
We're always taking volunteers -- says so in the FAG.