Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Not good enough

Not good enough
August 07, 2011, 09:14:20 PM

Standing near the entrance to Downtown’s Clayborn Temple Sunday evening, Nina Tayloe grabbed the hands of 75-year-old Brown Berry, dropped to her knees and cried out for forgiveness.

“Forgive me,” she said. “Forgive me on behalf of my family for the ugliness of that time … but praise God, we have a beautiful Lord who brings about hope and restoration.”

Berry, a young black man in Memphis during the civil rights movement and sanitation workers strike, nodded his head in acceptance and embraced the 59-year-old white woman.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/aug/01/united-in-prayer/

Who does this woman think she is fooling? There will be NO forgiveness from my African brothers and African sisters until people like this give themselves over for life into voluntary servitude. This photo op is just social climbing so the white woman can climb up in social standing among her liberal peers on the back of a black man who knows no better. We demand real reparations, not nice words and little donations that help whites look good in front of each other.

Re: Not good enough
August 07, 2011, 10:11:45 PM
Who does this woman think she is fooling? There will be NO forgiveness from my African brothers and African sisters until people like this give themselves over for life into voluntary servitude. This photo op is just social climbing so the white woman can climb up in social standing among her liberal peers on the back of a black man who knows no better. We demand real reparations, not nice words and little donations that help whites look good in front of each other.
Good observation. I'm sure you have also noticed Europeans, Asians and Jews compete to see who can afford to live as far away as possible from the black sections of town, which are invariably crime ridden shit holes.

We already gave your reparations, it's called Liberia. You can keep your forgiveness.

Before you move, you may want to quit calling yourself African. If you live in the US and are not a recent immigrant from Africa you are surely a mulatto. You are cheapening the term African when you use it to describe your mulatto people, the natives will take offense.

August 07, 2011, 10:44:35 PM
She would probably suck his dick too like the little attention whore she is if she was sure everyone would give her a pat on the head: "Good dog. I'll be sure to add you as a friend on Facebook".

I think some black folks should know better, however. Saying otherwise further encourages them to think of themselves as victims. I feel "uncle sams" are often tempted to give in to the resentment of the thugs and bruddas, which works against their best interests by being dragged down to their level, hence the guilt they're expected to feel for being uncle sams and succeeding in a Western framework. What most people don't understand about "uncle sams" is if given a chance, they would succeed anywhere: Japan, an Eskimo tribe, planet Thundera. Their productive roles aren't the result of Western brainwashing, but good genes.  

In a way, I'm thankful for actions like this. It further polarizes loony liberals/social opportunists and sane people who will in the future take a more active role in segregating themselves from each other.

August 07, 2011, 11:49:54 PM
Reparations will not occur in the form of a government handout. If the intelligent people in the African-American community want to succeed they must eschew the Booker T Washington passive mindset because it compromises their own values in favor the of the modernist one. A W.E.B DuBois approach would be more sensible with African Americans not "proving" themselves to whites but forging ahead on their own, while abandoning all other ethnicities. Of course, given how crowded the world is, they probably would not be able to locate a set location where they could develop independently unless they took it by force and forced all others out.   

August 08, 2011, 03:43:38 AM
I feel "uncle sams" are often tempted to give in to the resentment of the thugs and bruddas
I'm pretty sure the term you were looking for is Uncle Tom.

August 08, 2011, 04:33:35 AM
I feel "uncle sams" are often tempted to give in to the resentment of the thugs and bruddas
I'm pretty sure the term you were looking for is Uncle Tom.

Heh, my mistake.

August 08, 2011, 06:06:00 PM
I suppose I can chime in. I feel it is necessary to say that maybe the suffering of a people is unneeded, but the point that drives me crazy is when, we will use this term loosely, the African American's want reparations. Sure I can understand that. But when let us say Italians, those especially from Sicily (not Italian Americans) share the pain of their suffering with African Americans, there is an ignorant attitude. If you as a people cry about suffering, why can not there be a respect and understanding between the two? When you look into the eyes of a Sicilian, there is much you need to learn about that gaze. There is strength beyond words...

Do you know that Sicilians have a great understanding of the African plite? Shit people, look at a map! You can almost spit from Africa to Sicily! There is a saying that when it is really hot in Sicily you can feel the "winds of Africa" coming in.

August 08, 2011, 07:40:15 PM
Our society has a heirarchy based on victimology. The least civic duty is required of those who we are expected to believe are history's worst victims. These are lavished with rewards earned by being a member of the victim station. The highest civic duty is required of those who we are expected to believe are history's victimizers. It is from these that we acquire the ability to reward. This is the sort of system of justice and fairness a class of primary school children would create.

August 08, 2011, 09:11:09 PM
Our society has a heirarchy based on victimology. The least civic duty is required of those who we are expected to believe are history's worst victims. These are lavished with rewards earned by being a member of the victim station. The highest civic duty is required of those who we are expected to believe are history's victimizers. It is from these that we acquire the ability to reward. This is the sort of system of justice and fairness a class of primary school children would create.

A reactionary, badly researched opinion based on paranoia and half baked conspiracy theory.

August 08, 2011, 09:16:37 PM
Whites have been enslaved off and on for thousands of years. Far longer than blacks. When will I get my check in the mail? MY FEELINGS WERE HURT, OKAY!?

August 09, 2011, 03:02:18 AM

A reactionary, badly researched opinion based on paranoia and half baked conspiracy theory.

And yet it is true...

August 09, 2011, 10:16:17 AM

And yet it is true...

Point blank disagree. On what planet is our society based on victimology? It's retarded, sweeping statements like this with a lack of any real argumentation that give anus a bad name.

August 09, 2011, 03:11:02 PM
Point blank disagree. On what planet is our society based on victimology? It's retarded, sweeping statements like this with a lack of any real argumentation that give anus a bad name.

I agree that the statement may be pretentious, but this part rings true:

The least civic duty is required of those who we are expected to believe are history's worst victims.

Latest Handout to Failures

Also, think of the arguments in support of mass, latino immigration: "They just want better lives; they are people like the rest of us! Besides, we took Texas away from them!".  Native Americans continue to reap victim benefits. No one is allowed to refuse these people "reparations", because that is "racism". Racism is constantly drilled into our brains as a sin, so that we feel guilty. This resembles Christianity's psychological tactics, which seem to work on a colossal level.

August 09, 2011, 03:31:18 PM
Fair enough,I can't speak for America because I don't live their. But people should think more carefully before saying such things as our society is based on victimology.

August 09, 2011, 09:55:08 PM
The first stage in the disease is the victimological narrative within an existing pluralist environment. The second stage is some form of movement or revolt replete with demands for amends against this popularizing perception of victimization. The third stage is deliverance in the form of permanent entitlements and concessions. The fourth stage is instability caused by the fiscal unsustainability, not to mention growing, if repressed unpopularity of such handouts that pushes a society into decline if not downfall entirely in the form of civil war or balkanization.