Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Know ourselves

Know ourselves
August 15, 2011, 07:33:58 PM
I think we should stop fucking around with who we are here. No one attending this forum needs to pose.

Overwhelmingly, the members here are from Japan, Europe (speci. Scandinavia), the UK and the USA; they tend to be from the upper half of the middle classes, educated or being educated, and either in the liberal arts or a technical field.

At a cocktail party with these type of people, you wouldn't screw around -- you'd be direct, honest, and not waste their time with dead words.

Something to think about, I guess.

Re: Know ourselves
August 15, 2011, 10:13:56 PM
Does anybody pose around here?  What constitutes posing?  How do I know whether or not I'm posing?

August 16, 2011, 01:29:46 AM
I dont get it either, it seems hard to be busted for posing on an internet forum.

what is with this upper class talk? Why should a topic such as this come up on a metal forum?

August 16, 2011, 02:22:41 AM
what is with this upper class talk? Why should a topic such as this come up on a metal forum?

BECAUSE THERE EXISTS NO TRUTH THAT WE FEAR.

Also, that's upper half of middle class, not upper class.

August 16, 2011, 03:17:58 AM
i jumped to the conclusion that cocktail parties were for upper class boobs only. 

Anyways, i understand this thread, but this is more a real life issue that needs to be addressed to people, in person.  I know some family,family friends, friends and friends of friends that need this slapped in their face.   I get together every once in awhile with people(family,friends,etc.) who seem so displeased with the fact that they must live normal boring lives.  By this I mean, pursuing a decent career, one that is not a rock star, celebrity or gang member.

August 16, 2011, 01:32:23 PM
I am who I am here or in person. I never have to think twice about that. I am from the generation of not hiding my real self!

August 16, 2011, 04:15:56 PM
Overwhelmingly, the members here are from Japan, Europe (speci. Scandinavia), the UK and the USA; they tend to be from the upper half of the middle classes, educated or being educated, and either in the liberal arts or a technical field.
I'm from the US, but I'm an uneducated working class fist fightin' son of a gun.

August 17, 2011, 03:51:12 PM
I think we should stop fucking around with who we are here. No one attending this forum needs to pose.

I'm not sure anyone here would have a problem if you called out specific people on their shit. Otherwise, it's not clear what you're talking about. What is "fucking around with who we are" supposed to mean?

August 17, 2011, 06:48:02 PM
What is "fucking around with who we are" supposed to mean?

Posturing, identity manipulation, infighting, etc.

August 18, 2011, 02:41:59 AM
Shucks. No more Dave, the other Dave, Dave's #1 fan, Brunhilde, or Brunhilde's #1 fan then. Good.

E

August 19, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
Overwhelmingly, the members here are from Japan, Europe (speci. Scandinavia), the UK and the USA

This surprises me even more, now.

August 19, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
Overwhelmingly, the members here are from Japan, Europe (speci. Scandinavia), the UK and the USA

This surprises me even more, now.

Look at that, there's even one Hessian trooper down in Nigeria. I''ve actually been trying to gather contacts in Africa for a while, in preparation for a long excursion. Would it be against the 'rules' to ask for a username based on an IP address?

August 20, 2011, 05:03:57 PM
Would it be against the 'rules' to ask for a username based on an IP address?

No, but you won't get an answer. Privacy is valued highly here. You probably would not want someone to be able to look up your username by IP address, even though it would be pretty trivial to do so (display image on massively popular forum thread, parse logs of hosting server).