Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS criticism

Re: ANUS criticism
September 03, 2011, 08:26:07 PM
I think all these threads are converging on a few ideas:

1. We need more visibility to make any further changes. Right now, ANUS is a great hangout for the alienated, but it's not effecting change on a wide enough scale. That entails a move to DEATHMETAL.ORG and a redesign of that website.
2. We need more accessibility, like at the level of The New Republic or Salon, while maintaining intellectual rigor. I think ANUS/DM should make the comparisons clear because people are fucking morons: we are a metal resource on the level of these resources, and partner up with them.
3. We need more comprehensibility. This site is a cumulative amalgam. It's a heap. It needs restructuring and simplification. Less idiosyncrasy. More modernity.
4. Get rid of the blog and the random comments, or set aside an "insider's blog" so people can post African-American FAGGOT all day long.
5. We need a clearer team. This was admin's point in the other thread: people puke in suggestions, then vanish. Most of us who work with the site are familiar with the process of get volunteer, work to set volunteer up, then watch them flake out, so we're outright hostile to volunteers. We need a team that can take over this role from us.
6. For fuck's sake, there are missing reviews all over the place. Get our writer(s) away from politics for six months and we could fix that.

September 04, 2011, 04:24:34 AM
So when is this change going to take place? We need a date. Some of us have lives.
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

September 04, 2011, 09:16:38 PM
I doubt it's all going to take place at the same time, and we probably should form a team first.

>> Team ANUS <<
Amerika.org + Nihil.org + DeathMetal.org

- Developers: The design theme and code (XHTML, CSS, etc.) are universal, but the scheme will be different per website. The developers handle all of the domains, rather than one or two developers per domain.
- Writers: Based on demand and who volunteers. It is hard to channel writing energies, as different people will write about different areas as per their natural talents/interests.
- Advertising: All trolls, Facebook spammers,  and forum spammers/debate clowns volunteer for specific tasks related to garnering attention that will be redirected to the core domains in some shape or form. Building strategies falls into this category.
- Moderation: Mods moderate comments (and possibly email). This is not too difficult task-wise or organization-wise.
- Administration: The usual tyrants of the ANUS sphere.
Impale the Under-120's!

September 05, 2011, 01:36:31 AM
I'm useless for many of the tasks, and I understand the admins hate volunteers, but...

If someone would do me the favor of treating me like an working drone and provide some instructions regarding a desired design (general direction) I could provide some mockups of any/all websites/sections you would like.
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

September 05, 2011, 03:05:33 AM
I'm useless for many of the tasks, and I understand the admins hate volunteers, but...

If someone would do me the favor of treating me like an working drone and provide some instructions regarding a desired design (general direction) I could provide some mockups of any/all websites/sections you would like.

What are your skills specifically?
Impale the Under-120's!

September 06, 2011, 08:11:06 PM
More articles! The daily little snippets are nice, but I'd like to see more lengthy articles written. To this day i go back and read a lot of the older ones because they are *good*.

September 06, 2011, 09:25:56 PM
More articles! The daily little snippets are nice, but I'd like to see more lengthy articles written. To this day i go back and read a lot of the older ones because they are *good*.

Then you will love this.
Impale the Under-120's!

September 07, 2011, 03:39:47 AM
No offense, but I'm nervous to click that.

September 07, 2011, 05:48:04 AM
No offense, but I'm nervous to click that.

I can understand that notion, given my past. It is compilation of ANUS material. The old writings of Prozak are stellar in my opinion.
Impale the Under-120's!

September 07, 2011, 06:23:28 PM
Oh okay, haha. Just being cautious.

Phoenix

September 08, 2011, 05:55:37 PM
I'm writing this for absolutely no reasons of self-interest, but because I care about this forum. I was formerly known here under the username Transcix, but I was recently banned after participating in this thread. In this thread and on various other instances over the last few weeks I've spoken out critically about the ANUS/DLA metal organization. I think this thread is something of a culmination of various loud, insistent dissenting voices, mine having been a prominent one, and I think moreover this thread is a great success, finally breaking out the topic of ANUS/DLA's current and future evolution to a point where lots of people are getting involved in the conversation and recognizing that things could stand to be improved.

My criticism was harsh. I said:

Metal reviews are useless. Political and ideological causes are wastes of time with no hope of success. The majority of metal music will always suck. And at the end of the day I really have no fucking clue what DLA or ANUS stand for. I'm often sarcastic, but on these four points I'm very serious. Thoughts, comments?

Truly I was saying this to play the devil's advocate, to ilicite precisely the kind of response that ensued. For a website that takes pride in practicing philosphical rebellion and that even engages in trolling on other websites, you don't seem to take it well when it's directed at you. If life is like art which, as Marshall McLuhan puts it is anything you can get away with, then I'd say my criticism was successful in the thread it produced, it just happened to cost me my forum membership. It didn't destroy this website or (hopefully) give its owners and administrators pangs of emotional hurt, rather it engendered constructive discussion.

I thought forum members here should know the way I was banned. I was never informed of my ban via any channel of communication. I can still log on to the forum but when I try to use it I receive funny little messages, like when I try to see others' profiles I get "Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile" and when I try to view my own profile I get "Many apologies, but you can't view your own profile ", and of course I don't have permission to make new posts. Furthermore, I was never given any warning or instructed to adjust the way I behave on the forum. I seem to recall Scourge may have said something to me one time, but he didn't identify any specific areas of my behavior I needed to change and I took it to have been an insult more than anything else, and more recently I was actually encouraged to keep up the thoughtful posts in my PM correspondences with Conservationist.

The reason I liked posting on this forum was because you could be bold, you could be deviant, you could be smart, and others would be the same. What happened? The way I was banned was so unprofessional - to think of the time it took the admins to enter the forum settings that banned members would find silly messages, to think what was going through the admins' heads as they were configuring those settings. If any of you think this thread is going to yield fruit, recognize that you may have to try a little harder, because apparently the admins aren't very receptive to the ideas presented there. I'm not writing this to get a fucking apology, it's all business as far as I'm concerned--I'm writing this as a whistle blower.

I was also banned from the DLA chat room, which is funny because I was one of the only bright spots it seems in that chat room, in fact a member thanked me for getting him to think in chat about spiritual and occult things in a profound way that he hadn't considered since a very long time ago. I woud put the DLA chat room on almost the same level as the black metal chat room on Soulseek. What the fuck kind of culture is at DLA where people have enough time and energy to waste to talk about sodomy and fucking anal sex bullshit in the chat? Stop the fucking spam, I was really shocked because I was expecting much higher-level discourse there.

In many ways, I'm one of you. I value strength, honesty, aggressiveness, seriousness and dedication. I'm not a fucking whimp, but I do disagree with you on certain subjects, the difference is I've just been more vocal about it than other members have. From the ashes of this thread can rise many things, you said it yourself destruction is construction and make no mistake about it I mean by this thread to construct. You truly have nothing to fear from me, but you have much to fear from banning me and others like me in the manner that you do. I'm writing this to point out these things, which are symptoms, so that other members can hopefully work to fix the underlying problems. Of course feel free to give me back my account under the username 'Transcix', but that's not why I'm writing this.

It makes me rather incredulous that the admins think they have anything to fear from me, in terms of the integrity of this forum. On a purely logical level of logistics the fact that the admins failed to identify to me areas in which I should change my behavior, that they failed to engage in communication at all, this signals to me not some secret plot or secret agenda at work, but plain incompetence.

PS Don't delete this message admins I'll just post it back again, and it will waste both our time.

September 08, 2011, 10:49:20 PM

I was also banned from the DLA chat room, which is funny because I was one of the only bright spots it seems in that chat room, in fact a member thanked me for getting him to think in chat about spiritual and occult things in a profound way that he hadn't considered since a very long time ago. I woud put the DLA chat room on almost the same level as the black metal chat room on Soulseek. What the fuck kind of culture is at DLA where people have enough time and energy to waste to talk about sodomy and fucking anal sex bullshit in the chat? Stop the fucking spam, I was really shocked because I was expecting much higher-level discourse there.

Can you get on to chat via another username? If so, I let me know what it is.
Impale the Under-120's!

Phoenix

September 09, 2011, 02:31:25 AM

Can you get on to chat via another username? If so, I let me know what it is.

I can get on the chatroom via any username other than 'Transcix', although I rarely have time these days to do so.

Phoenix

Metal activism
January 20, 2012, 05:01:44 PM
if I want to help out metal I would volunteer in other ways to be frank

Which are those?

I don't mean to start a thing about it, but you asked so I'll answer. Considering I can already get any songs I need on Soulseek, I see more value in collecting / archiving information about metal and the concepts and dynamics present in the music, and writing columns or articles about metal. I don't share the same views as the DLA about metal so I can't really contribute in this capacity here, but I spend a lot of time working at it elsewhere.