Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pokemon

Pokemon
August 22, 2011, 01:01:15 PM
Hello since Pokemon are a very popular thing I think that we should have a thread about them. Many of you play it sometimes, we know we know, but are afraid to admit it. So which are your favorite Pokemon games? I like Ruby and Sapphire a lot personally. A great thing about these games is that they never get old but doesn't waste your time that much (you play it 20 min a day or so). So here is the place where you can share which is your favorite anime episode or your favorite pokemon, etc. Go post!!

Re: Pokemon
August 22, 2011, 10:03:29 PM
I prefer leveling up in real life.

But Gold/Silver was pretty cool. Especially the music.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

August 23, 2011, 02:57:46 AM
I always love my RPG's from the SNES and Breath of Fire and Deeds of Flesh go great together!

August 23, 2011, 02:57:42 PM
I always love my RPG's from the SNES and Breath of Fire and Deeds of Flesh go great together!

Indeed. I doubt you are into the new stuff, but Mass Effect 2 is easily one of the best rpg's heretofore.

So which are your favorite Pokemon games? So here is the place where you can share which is your favorite anime episode or your favorite pokemon, etc. Go post!!

I only played Gold and Yellow. They were certainly fun at the time. As for anime: Deathnote and Cowboy Bebop. Naruto Part II is pretty cool (still ongoing).

... doesn't waste your time that much (you play it 20 min a day or so).

There are some bastards who prove otherwise. Then again, ANUSians tend to be more sensible.
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

August 23, 2011, 03:58:00 PM
So which are your favorite Pokemon games? So here is the place where you can share which is your favorite anime episode or your favorite pokemon, etc. Go post!!

I only played Gold and Yellow. They were certainly fun at the time. As for anime: Deathnote and Cowboy Bebop. Naruto Part II is pretty cool (still ongoing).

I used to play gold in middle school and I'd watch a lot of anime in high school. For some reason anime stopped interesting me in college.

August 23, 2011, 05:17:35 PM

I used to play gold in middle school and I'd watch a lot of anime in high school. For some reason anime stopped interesting me in college.

Same happened to me except for the aforementioned. Deathnote seems to be popular amongst college students, despite general anime fans being rare.
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

August 23, 2011, 07:26:44 PM
Never been into anime at all. Pokemon was a fad that I bought into; thankfully I had the sense to sell some of those stupid cards they issued to dumber classmates.

When I seek a video game quencher, I generally stick to Blizzard games.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

August 23, 2011, 07:51:50 PM
For Pokemon, the Gold/Silver generation was probably the peak in terms of fun (nostalgia playing a role as well). I agree with the Mass Effect 2 recommendation, it's a very good RPG by any measure. I'd also like to suggest Chrono Trigger/Cross for the SNES/PS1 in case anybody hasn't played them yet.
"The traveler with empty pockets will sing in the thief 's face." - Juvenal

"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses." - Carl Jung

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

Re: "Pokemon"! it has a fucking "" in it!
August 23, 2011, 11:07:54 PM
I could have sworn this was a troll thread.

August 23, 2011, 11:18:33 PM
Total fags, all of you.  Real men play Magic:  The Gathering.
I follow my course with the precision and security of a sleepwalker

August 24, 2011, 12:33:16 AM

I used to pick on kids who played that. Told 'em they were too pussy for Risk or Stratego.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Re: "Pokemon"! it has a fucking "" in it!
August 24, 2011, 07:22:51 AM
I could have sworn this was a troll thread.

It's an opportunity to discuss pokemon, best not pass that shit up.

The games were pretty addicting. Play it for a while and you know a hundred odd pokemon, a thousand or so attacks, together with their effects, who learns them, a web of what type beats what. You learn a lot playing it - too bad it's all totally useless information.

If you make this sort of set up and more thought requiring it could be a pretty good way of educating kids. Sure, there are education based games already available, but they're usually pretty lame and lack the addiction principles that many games aimed at profiting have made great use of. Put kids on well designed games with real world information, and it will pacify them when you need to pacify them, and input them with the information they would have learnt anyway, except they'll actually do the work and retain what they learnt. This frees up teacher time, so they can pay more attention to the kids with potential.

August 24, 2011, 01:25:29 PM

I used to pick on kids who played that. Told 'em they were too pussy for Risk or Stratego.

I will see your Risk and Stratego and raise you a Cribbage and Sheepshead  ;)
I follow my course with the precision and security of a sleepwalker

E

August 24, 2011, 08:33:30 PM
Monkey Island 1/2/3 is where it's at. Treasures of rich language and wordplay, logical and illogical puzzles requiring a lot of creative thinking. Educational bonus for non-english speaking kids.

Magic the Gathering is a brilliant scam.

August 24, 2011, 09:26:58 PM

When I seek a video game quencher, I generally stick to Blizzard games.

Warcraft 3 :D