Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

eBay Banning Sale Of Black Metal Albums

Re: eBay Banning Sale Of Black Metal Albums
March 09, 2007, 10:44:40 PM
You're right on an auction system creating problems but wouldnt it provide more secure shopping for both the seller and buyer however threads are more conveniant

March 10, 2007, 12:42:34 AM
Try out the forum version first, it's simple to set up. The problem would be getting people to go there.

March 13, 2007, 06:39:27 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've finaly though of something that might kinda help, or maybe end with more stuff banned from eGay! This sounds like revenge, but it's not meant like that at all... Just find some christian stuff on eGay, which you feel offended by, and report it!
Maybe this will make the people behind this understand that to feel offended by another "religion" than the one you believe in is just stupid! Because it is stupid, you don't believe in that stuff, but you do feel offended by it?!?!(WTF) (if someone understands what I'm trying to say... >_>)
+ If you are satanic, then I would have felt offended by so many, and what the christian talks about in the church.... don't ya tell me christians doesnt say; fight the dark or evil etc... (Maybe not meant like killing with a knife or likewise, but with words and "rules". The same might be said with a sentence like this in a song: Drep De Kristne, (Kill The Christian, its norwegian btw), a song by Troll. Do the people in Troll actually think someone would kill a christian after listening to that song? Or is it mean more like kill the christian society... well I dunno =P

Many of those CD's can't I really see anything wrong with or offending or whatever bad about. o.O
Do Varg Vikernes actually "say"/"talk"/"growl"/("human voice") anything in Burzum - Dauši Baldrs???? LOL!!  Even if thats one of the cd's that looks the most banned!

Oh, the forum thing... well, I cant say it will work, cause people can edit their post and set down the bidded price or delete it... Maybe it would work if they wouldn't be able to do that =P Still it does sound nice, but some people might not send what they have auctioned... whats going to happen to those shitkids? =o

(I really do hope anyone understands me, if not, then reply and ask, k thx)

March 14, 2007, 11:47:13 AM
Forget about pressuring eGay into anything; they won't do anything unless hundreds of us complain.

As for editing forum auctions...that's a really good point. I think that if people are able to edit their posts than the whole thing should just be forgotten. Stick to the 'Market' section on anus.

March 14, 2007, 12:56:07 PM
Im sure its fairly easy to remove the modify post feature.

March 14, 2007, 02:11:03 PM
Or else isn't it too hard to work out with PHP =o
I've seen online internet browser games before doing it with PHP =P
There is also possible to make a log-in system with PHP too ;) I dunno how safe it is >_< I just know we did something similar to this on school! Put in a search motor for the site. Only thing left is building and designing the site! Not that hard...
I know some PHP, and PHP4 is actually not that hard to learn if anyone actually wants to try to do that o.O (PHP5 is far much harder to learn... =/)
But the server... it costs to have a server online... =(

March 14, 2007, 03:30:35 PM
But the server... it costs to have a server online... =(

ohh yeah =(, >_<, =P, =o, o.O, :[.

March 14, 2007, 11:40:54 PM
Google 'Free server hosting'. You'll get heaps of results. If you don't find any good ones, I could pay for the hosting. A forum shouldn't cost very much to maintain (maybe $8 a month + a domain name?).