Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Morbid An(g)el

Morbid An(g)el
January 14, 2005, 11:51:57 PM
Morbid Angel have reformed with original Vocalist and bassist David Vincent
and are undertakinga series of Tours, including a USA trip throughout
february with Soulfly and a European jaunt in March.See dates here:

http://www.earache.com/tours/tour_info.html#morbid

Re: Morbid An(g)el
January 15, 2005, 11:40:32 AM
Are they still going to call him Evil D (ildo)?

January 15, 2005, 03:57:26 PM

Yeah, once you've played with that, you can't ever really regain respect...

Also note the extreme fretting skill being displayed by those two.

January 28, 2005, 07:17:51 PM
lol, I agree with you.  What's going on with David ? I hope he won't dress like that in the upcoming tour. I think he's a poser but he has one of the best vocals ever.

February 20, 2005, 11:13:59 PM
I just saw them perform last night.  

February 21, 2005, 07:17:16 PM

Well, post a review, that would be nice.

Wolfbane

February 21, 2005, 11:35:24 PM
Sucks living in tennessee. No metal bands come here ???

February 25, 2005, 06:17:42 PM
Well, post a review, that would be nice.

I don't have a lot of time or energy at my disposal right now, so here's a basic rundown of what I'm guessing you're curious about.

Setlist:

Rapture
Pain Divine
Maze of Torment
Lord of Alll Fevers and Plague
Sworn to Black
Blasphemy
Chapel of Gouls
Where the Slime Live
God of Emptiness
Blood On My Hands
Nothing But Fear
Day of Suffering
World of Shit (the Promised Land)

*note that the lack of songs from Blessed... is the result of the venue shortening their set at the last minute.

David Vincent: full of energy throughout, offering precise rhythm and a vocal performance reminiscent of some of the more 'throaty' songs off of Covenant.  Oh, and he managed to keep himself from spanking any tied up men or shoving anything up his ass.

Tony Norman: simply played his parts.  Nothing special, especially considering that Eric Rutan used to hold down his spot on the stage.

Trey: incredible.  The man plays as if he's trapped inside a phone booth but still manages to demand the attention of the audience through the sheer mastery of his instrument that he possesses.  Lava indeed.

Pete: ditto.  The man is a human battering-ram.  The only low point for him during the show was when his snare drum malfunctioned and he was forced to use a floor tom instead.  Well, that and the fact that he played a few drum solos simply to appease some screaming fans (it got to be a bit much after a while considering that he opened the show by warming up).

I'm not much for self-indulgence in music but, since we're all familiar with Morbid Angel's first few albums, the fact that they played them with passion and precision is really all that is worth mentioning.  Does this mean that they'll reunite with David Vincent and produce something fresh and innovative?  Probably not.  But at least they aren't running around the country butchering their finest material a la Slayer (how's that for the lesser of two evils?).  

February 25, 2005, 08:15:21 PM

Was that in Minneapolis by chance?

February 25, 2005, 10:14:55 PM

Was that in Minneapolis by chance?

Yeah.  Were you there too?

February 26, 2005, 09:42:27 AM
No, I didn't go.  I had made up my mind prior to it that I would not be going, but at the last second changed it and was unable to make it anyway.  I'm feeling a bit of regret having missed it now.

March 10, 2005, 12:12:09 AM
It was a great show here in California.

I was surprised to see them play songs from Altars of Madness!

March 13, 2005, 04:40:33 PM
Too bad they couldn't dig up Mike Browning!!! As weird as it sounds, Abominations of Desolation is my favorite MA album, with Formulas Fatal to the Flesh coming up fast. Vincent isn't on either. They DEFINITELY should have kept Tucker, even though I heard that Gateways sucked.
Hey, was Heretic any good?

March 29, 2005, 12:38:26 PM
SUPREME LORD and DEVILYN on concerts with MORBID ANGEL.
We have the honour to inform, that the support during Polish part of tour MASTER OF CHAOS TOUR 2005 the legend death metal MORBID ANGEL became the bands from Conquer Records - SUPREME LORD and DEVILYN. 31 March in Warsaw club "Proxima" will play SUPREME LORD meanwhile 1 April in Wroclaw club "WZ" DEVILYN will step out. We invite on concerts with all warmly.

May 09, 2005, 04:25:01 PM
Yeah i was going to see them in philidelphia but i actually had to go to a differnt concert, that i promised i will go with my girlfriend too.