Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Tree hugging is good for you

Tree hugging is good for you
September 01, 2011, 03:31:50 AM
Aha!

Tree hugging, that much maligned hippy generation idea, has now been shown to have scientific validity after all. Contrary to popular belief, touching a tree does make you healthier. In fact you don't even have to touch the tree to get better, just being within its vicinity has the same effect.

In a recently published book, Blinded by Science, (www.blindedbyscience.co.uk) the author Matthew Silverstone, proves scientifically that trees improve many health issues such as; mental illnesses, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), concentration levels, reaction times, depression and the ability to alleviate headaches.

Countless studies have shown that children show significant psychological and physiological effects in terms of their health and well being when they interact with plants. They demonstrate that children function better cognitively and emotionally in green environments and have more creative play in green areas.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032782_tree_huggers_health.html

Article doesn't mention it, but scientists found it's a gazillonty-eleventy-one times better if you're listening to Darkthrone. FUCKIN FACT

Re: Tree hugging is good for you
April 03, 2012, 05:43:24 PM
Tree hugging is definitely a hippy-poser theatrical undertaking, only carried out when someone is around to be impressed by it.
But being around trees is noticeably beneficial. Especially if you're a crow.
There's nothing quite like a mature forest. Calm, cool, majestic, a vector of wildlife.
Then, when an individual tree dies, it burns very nicely in your woodstove, keeping the winter at bay.

A tree is like a battery, storing up sunshine for as long as it lives, only to give it back, in death.
Trees, therefore, are very generous, indeed. Crows love trees. Trees love crows.

April 03, 2012, 05:46:18 PM
I'm not convinced trees love. It's a simple conclusion on my part, but I'd assume they just don't give a fuck.

April 03, 2012, 05:47:49 PM
You' been hangin' out with the wrong trees, dude.

April 03, 2012, 05:52:45 PM
I think we just come to different conclusions good sir.
trees do what they do.
I do what I do.

We happen to have a synchronous existence and it is pretty radical.

Or maybe you didn't mean the word love like I understand it currently, but I can't possibly know that yet. We just haven't talked enough for me to make proper conclusions about how you use words.

Or I'm a dumbass, but thats ok too.

April 03, 2012, 06:01:23 PM
Talk shit all you want about movies and TV but I grew up with Fern Gully and that movie was a pure classic in terms of the pro nature, pro forest message. Avatar fuck off.

Made sure my kids watched that early on.

April 03, 2012, 06:02:32 PM
I take issue with your use of huge amounts of unclaimed space, queequeg.
Your presentation is inherently aggressive, and I just can't cope.
Nobody will like you if you do things I personally take exception to.
You will not gain the respect I decree as being vital to you, etc...
You obviously have huge psychological problems and other bad stuff, too.
Who do you think you are, anyway? Somebody famous?
You don't have to say.

April 03, 2012, 06:15:18 PM
Are you talking to queequeg, or Wolfgang?

April 03, 2012, 06:22:01 PM
I'm probably talking to myself.
Humour, you know. Tongue in cheek.
I spend a lot of my time laughing and being amused, mostly at myself.
Crows do that sort of thing.
I manipulate my environment, whatever one I happen to find myself in, so it suits my zaniness.
Forumgoers rarely understand this, and often take offense.

It should be taught, in schools, to observe crows going about their business.
If humans were half as good at living, as crows are, they would all feel so much better about things.

April 03, 2012, 06:30:49 PM
Forumgoers are generally an anal retentive bunch, they're more relaxed here. Forums make people defensive however. Oh and there are some unstable people on forums, most of them come from other sites.

April 03, 2012, 06:52:01 PM
'Unstable' is one of those concepts worth investigating.
I think most people go through 'instability' at some point.
I also think that 'instability' can lead, if followed-through, to extreme stability.
You never really know what stability is, or how important it is, unless you haven't had it.

April 04, 2012, 01:41:34 PM
Trees can be great friends.

April 04, 2012, 03:23:24 PM
I'd hug the shit out of this tree:

April 04, 2012, 03:37:46 PM
Dat ass.

This makes a lot of sense. Trees help to provide us with the very air we breathe; being healthier as a result of spending time around trees seems a no brainer.

April 04, 2012, 06:55:54 PM
I live in a hole in the forest. Surrounded by trees, close enough that one will surely fall on my house, one day.
Tons of pollen cover everything in the course of a year. Allergies become beasts that get up and walk.
But I will not cut those trees down. Or even top them.
You may see that as stupid. Or as respectful.
I just see it as trees.
I love trees.