Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Blog comments

Blog comments
September 03, 2011, 07:35:08 PM
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=330

Kam Lee has requested we post no more notice of his projects on this site, and we will comply. The reason for his objection was that our blog comments were (a) stupid and (b) racist.

While I'm a realist, I also think it's useful to have some free speech zones for people to blow off steam. If that ends up being a stream of venality, well, what else did we expect? But there may be gold among the pyrite, corn among the turds, rare birds among the sparrows -- who knows.

Should we change our forum commenting policy? I guess I have to tell you at this point that you have two options:

(a) Unmoderated comments
(b) No comments

We don't have anyone with the time to spend cleaning up the comments. We'd rather just generate new content instead of spending our time dealing with the fuckups of others. That would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Re: Blog comments
September 03, 2011, 08:21:10 PM
NO

No censorship. There's no place on the internet you can say African-American and FAGGOT like you can here. Give us some romper room.

September 04, 2011, 04:27:41 AM
NO

No censorship. There's no place on the internet you can say African-American and FAGGOT like you can here. Give us some romper room.

I say censorship belongs in Amerika.org and DeathMetal.org, and possibly Nihil.org (Brett said he wants it to be the philosophical medium). A middle road is needed concerning this, so we can allocate team resources to the areas that need said resources.

September 04, 2011, 05:19:33 AM
It's a free internet. If people don't like the comments then don't bother reading them. For the most part the comments don't seem serious at all. There's nothing stopping anyone from posting smart comments, just your frail vanity.

Kam Lee is being childish. The anus comment section is about as racist as two schoolboys telling each other jokes about Irish people.

September 04, 2011, 09:42:29 AM
Would you care if it was anyone else complaining? Kam Lee isnt relevant to anything anymore so who cares what he says?

If youre looking for people to clean up comments then I volunteer.  I wouldnt mind doing it in-between school and work.

September 04, 2011, 10:54:40 AM
Who's Ken Lee?