Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Japanese elderly ready to sacrifice for the greater good

I've always appreciated this sort of behavior from the Japanese.

Problem solving without the whole, "But I'm really important, so let's just ignore this or put a band-aid on it."

Problem solving without the whole, "But I'm really important, so let's just ignore this or put a band-aid on it."

Indeed. Their mostly homogeneous society is probably a major factor to this.

I don't think it's a trait inherent to the Japanese. They have a society in which individuals feel connected to the whole, rather than isolated from each other. Any healthy and full society would elicit this sort of behavior from individuals, because they naturally feel in relationship with and therefore care for each other.

If only the modern Japanese culture (or rather, the entire world) felt this same deep sense of relationship to their land base, they would not have ended up in this situation in the first place.

Just one of the many great things a society concerned with the health of the whole has going for it.

Kudos to those people; they are heroes.

My generation built these nuclear plants. So we have to take responsibility for them. We can't dump this on the next generation

Something the baby boomers would never say ^

This is fucking awesome.

I am still taking issue with existentially grasping this concept. It is as if they are a different species (I am being figurative, not facetious).

They function as a mostly homogeneous unit, because of that they make other countries (USA, UK, etc.) look as royally fucked as they actually are at this point. I wonder if any of the writers at Amerika are going to spin some sort of article about this as a sort of, "We are hoping the have our country become more like this."

They function as a mostly homogeneous unit, because of that they make other countries (USA, UK, etc.) look as royally fucked as they actually are at this point. I wonder if any of the writers at Amerika are going to spin some sort of article about this as a sort of, "We are hoping the have our country become more like this."

I certainly would, but I can't get into the Amerika.org cabal.