Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Women

Re: Women
September 20, 2011, 12:27:43 PM
Ways to attract and enter into a long term relationship with a healthy, good, woman.

1) Don't be a psychopath. This might not work if you already are one.

2) Don't be an asshole and forget about stupid shit like "game" that will never be emotionally fulfilling.

3) Be physically, emotionally, and intellectually strong and confident. If you're faking it they can tell.

If you are not a psychopath how do you be a psychopath? Explain yourself.

Strawman - Game is not about being emotionally fulfilled, it is about increasing status and dating pool.

Yes, however, probably not. Appear confident in public, show a "normal" degree of unconfidence in private - but still a sufficient amount of confidence in what you yourself believe in - i.e. you don't need to have -everything- special about you, but you do need -something-. If you don't care about it, go ahead and fake it, it won't hurt.

+ Also, what other overarching strengths are required apart from those three? You've given physical/emotional/intellectual. How do these compare to Plato's tripartite of epithumia/thumos/nous? - also, body/spirit/mind or body/heart/head. Can we just say that one needs the four virtues - spirit (goals, drive) intelligence/wisdom (understands how to move from a given state into these goal-states), self-discipline (is coherent as an individual), and justice (basic motivation is in line with the good)?

September 20, 2011, 01:16:50 PM
One can be as virtuous as possible, and still not be attractive to a female, unless the goals tie in with/allow achieving that which makes men desirable.

Phoenix

September 20, 2011, 05:34:32 PM
You don't have to take pleasure in the modern world to reap the benefits of existence. You can cultivate a relationship that would exist in any age. It just takes time as any thing of greatness will. The modern world is a challenge to overcome, just like anything else. To fail or to hide from the challenge is weakness. The people on this site (should, I hope) know better than stoop to defeatism. CONQUER!

I would agree in many contexts with what you're saying. In the context of romantic relationships, however, in my view it's extremely time-consuming, tedious and sometimes impossible to cultivate a serious relationship in which you work to fundamentally change the other person's inner-most philosophy. A mentoring relationship can also be a romantic one, but it's very tricky.

September 20, 2011, 07:38:12 PM
If you're faking it they can tell.

Then how does "game" "work"?

By attracting idiots and the emotionally broken.

September 20, 2011, 08:17:44 PM
at this point in time love is about finding somebody who will be by your side when the world ends.

September 21, 2011, 12:26:55 AM
You don't have to take pleasure in the modern world to reap the benefits of existence. You can cultivate a relationship that would exist in any age. It just takes time as any thing of greatness will. The modern world is a challenge to overcome, just like anything else. To fail or to hide from the challenge is weakness. The people on this site (should, I hope) know better than stoop to defeatism. CONQUER!

I would agree in many contexts with what you're saying. In the context of romantic relationships, however, in my view it's extremely time-consuming, tedious and sometimes impossible to cultivate a serious relationship in which you work to fundamentally change the other person's inner-most philosophy. A mentoring relationship can also be a romantic one, but it's very tricky.

Honestly, it completely depends on who you are and who you are with. Know exactly what you are looking for and find someone who wants the same thing. We call that dating.

September 21, 2011, 11:18:38 AM
I think a few of these points have been mentioned already but they are incredibly important that they should be restated twice.

1) Your partner should be your best friend. Subscribing to the whole bros before hoes attitude is a joke, one that I imagine many here wouldn't partake in knowingly but shows in actions and feelings. The relationship is ultimately going to fail if you don't love the one you are with more each day, feel absolutely comfortable and relaxed with and know that you can trust them with anything.

2) Your partner should kick your fucking arse when you drop the ball, and I don't mean if you make mistakes around the home or get drunk to often. They should push you to achieve goals and become better than you are. I think this is one of the goals of this site, and hell, if that attitude isn't reflected in the relationship then there is a chance it won't occur in the community or your day to day life. You should also push them to be better.

3) Love should never be rushed. There is a difference between never asking a girl out because you are too scared, and letting a relationship grow organically to a point where love is a possibility. My current partner (whom I'm marrying in less than 2 months) and I knew each other for four years as workmates before we made the transition to a couple. Had circumstances been different and we got together earlier then I doubt we would still be together. Emotionally and mentally we weren't at the same level, but this should only be relevant if you're in your late teens or very early twenties.

4) Don't settle for someone that does not fit your criteria. If they are an untermensch, then chances are they always will be.

September 21, 2011, 12:33:04 PM
I think a few of these points have been mentioned already but they are incredibly important that they should be restated twice.

1) Your partner should be your best friend. Subscribing to the whole bros before hoes attitude is a joke, one that I imagine many here wouldn't partake in knowingly but shows in actions and feelings. The relationship is ultimately going to fail if you don't love the one you are with more each day, feel absolutely comfortable and relaxed with and know that you can trust them with anything.

Should they necessarily be your best friend (or "friend" at all?)?
What about the ancient Greeks and heroic homo sex?
You have relationships with more than one person you know.

2) Your partner should kick your fucking arse when you drop the ball, and I don't mean if you make mistakes around the home or get drunk to often. They should push you to achieve goals and become better than you are. I think this is one of the goals of this site, and hell, if that attitude isn't reflected in the relationship then there is a chance it won't occur in the community or your day to day life. You should also push them to be better.

True, but what you also want to look for is someone who gets you working to your fullest naturally due to their presence. Actual pushing may lead to resent, and besides, may not be very pleasant for everyone.

3) Love should never be rushed. There is a difference between never asking a girl out because you are too scared, and letting a relationship grow organically to a point where love is a possibility. My current partner (whom I'm marrying in less than 2 months) and I knew each other for four years as workmates before we made the transition to a couple. Had circumstances been different and we got together earlier then I doubt we would still be together. Emotionally and mentally we weren't at the same level, but this should only be relevant if you're in your late teens or very early twenties.

4) Don't settle for someone that does not fit your criteria. If they are an untermensch, then chances are they always will be.

Good questions then are what age is optimal, what waiting time is optimal, and how high is reasonable to set your criteria.

September 21, 2011, 03:58:28 PM
Ah women! The other half of the equation. I have had my share of crazy, enduring, loving, super intelligent, and everything else. Today I am fortunate to have an awesome woman who has seen more than her fair share of the shit in the world: fought cancer, multiple stab wounds, and much more, and still has strength to solider on.
Without a doubt my woman is a warrior, and she pushes me in many aspects of my life.

September 21, 2011, 04:04:50 PM
This is reality speaking, you're going to have to compromise of some of your criteria or die alone.

September 21, 2011, 05:05:23 PM
fundamentally it's all about (you guessed it) breeding.
Childless couples only last because of the potential survival strength of the child they would be having if it wasn't for modern contraceptives.
you are bound by a feeling set off by chemical reactions to make you want to fornicate. It's either there or not. If you leave your partner it is beacsue your urge to procreate is stronger with someone else.
you may have things in common to help you tolerate each other when you aren't breeding.

September 21, 2011, 05:43:00 PM
OP:

Whenever you have some free time, eat celery. In fact, make a point to munch on celery all day long. Make sure to not be too puritanical about showering and soap either (this does not mean being filthy though). Also, NO deodorant. If you find yourself sweaty, do a quick tops n' tails with a towel and water.

You will notice a dramatic difference in the way women interact with you. Flirting, eyelash batting, playful touching all day....awww yeah.

September 21, 2011, 06:26:00 PM
If you're faking it they can tell.

Then how does "game" "work"?

As far as I understand it, "game" is common sense (be assertive/dominant, be charming/charismatic) plus a bunch of downright creepy routines marketed to 'sperburgers, effiminet types, and those who are so uncreative that they can't figure out how to start a conversation.

September 21, 2011, 08:42:20 PM
OP:

Whenever you have some free time, eat celery. In fact, make a point to munch on celery all day long. Make sure to not be too puritanical about showering and soap either (this does not mean being filthy though). Also, NO deodorant. If you find yourself sweaty, do a quick tops n' tails with a towel and water.

You will notice a dramatic difference in the way women interact with you. Flirting, eyelash batting, playful touching all day....awww yeah.

http://www.futurescopes.com/love-and-sex/aphrodisiacs-men/1255/celery-aphrodisiac-men

Well I'll be damned. I fucking hate the taste of celery. Looks like I'd better learn to tolerate it.

September 22, 2011, 12:15:04 AM
So, volunteer organisations? (note: only do this if you support the organisation itself - environmental charities may be appropriate?)

What others?

For anyone who had the luxury of learning a wind / string / percussion instrument in their schooling, I highly recommend auditioning for a local orchestra / concert band.