Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How can I be tough?

How can I be tough?
September 25, 2011, 07:11:00 PM
How can I man up and be tough?

I'm no tough guy, but I understand it's better to bulk up. I know my limitations, but it's always better to evolve. How did the members of the phorum became tough?

PS: I know I can't become tough by reading internet postings, that's just a complement. I have a life.

PS2: I don't want to put myself in risk of dying, mutilation, crippling.

Re: How can I be tough?
September 25, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Hold your hand in the fire of your stove, increase your exposure time with each subsequent attempt.

September 25, 2011, 08:03:45 PM
force yourself to do everything that you would normally whine about.
there are many guys who bulk up for appearances but they're shitted on by a smaller guy whose muscles actually have purpose..
go live in the outdoors for extended periods of time. See what you can do with just yourself without the world at your fingertips like most of modernity. Drink your own piss.

September 25, 2011, 08:53:31 PM
force yourself to do everything that you would normally whine about.

Isn't that what modern life is about?

September 25, 2011, 09:09:05 PM
Modern life is all about finding some sort of technological way to ignore all of the "unpleasant" things in life and live in a neurosis of pleasure.

September 25, 2011, 09:17:08 PM
I'm glad this place has turned into a self-help forum. You guys are really doing God's work!

September 26, 2011, 12:20:25 AM
Starting Strength. Read the book and Practical Programming, do the routine for 8 months, and no one will fuck with you. It helps listening to crust punk and other rage inducing music. It will make most men look like women and turn you gay, but you'll be a manly man.

September 26, 2011, 01:16:07 AM
I'm glad this place has turned into a self-help forum. You guys are really doing God's work!

Can I get your opinion on how to make myself a more kvlt hessian warrior of death?

September 26, 2011, 01:40:24 AM
Unfortunately, all the above posts were more or less wrong.

This is actually a very good question.

Being tough/strength is connected to "doing what is right" - that means that, even in the face of hardship, personal discomfort, and pain you persevere and continue struggling. This does not mean sadism or purposely causing yourself pain. This does not mean "walking on a broken leg" or causing yourself unhealthy damage, this means not complaining/giving up when things become difficult. This is "being a man."

September 26, 2011, 03:19:18 AM
Unfortunately, all the above posts were more or less wrong.

This is actually a very good question.

Being tough/strength is connected to "doing what is right" - that means that, even in the face of hardship, personal discomfort, and pain you persevere and continue struggling. This does not mean sadism or purposely causing yourself pain. This does not mean "walking on a broken leg" or causing yourself unhealthy damage, this means not complaining/giving up when things become difficult. This is "being a man."

I think that the two types of "tough" that need to be distinguished are: Tough physique (being able to do X amount of pushups) VS tough personality (overcoming adversity, as elaborated on above).

Regardless, I'm sure that a disciplined workout routine could definitely help you develop in either category.

September 26, 2011, 12:06:23 PM
I'm talking about a tough spirit and personality, I just used the world bulk because I think it's cool.

I know how to have a strong physique: Work out, do exercises. I'm working on this already.

There should be self-help. Why not? If people here are truly mentally retarded (like asperger's syndrome and others) then they need help. I know I do.

ANUS is so strange that I can't help to be curious about what the people will say. But mainly the people are cool and helpful. I like how this forum allows signature images, for example, but no one uses them.

September 26, 2011, 12:09:19 PM
Star in an Action Thriller!

September 26, 2011, 12:38:53 PM
I remember my dad dealing me about a group of kids that tried to attack one night, and that was their worst nightmare! He broke a baseball bat it front of them, then proceeded to slaughter them to the ground! Fucking tough!

Then when he was riding his motorcycle to Sturgis Rally, he was sidelined by a car and his motorcycle got scratched up. Well, he seen "red" and smashed the car with his hands! Once again fucking tough dude my dad is!

I can tell you things that he had done that are fucking amazing! In the gym he was a powerhouse of steel. But also besides the physical, he had a mental attitude that is pure toughness. You soldier on despite the setbacks, and THAT is what makes you tough bar fucking none!

September 26, 2011, 01:28:23 PM
PS2: I don't want to put myself in risk of dying, mutilation, crippling.
There is your problem right there. Are you sure there is nothing worth dying for? Surely you would die for your nation, if you knew it was for the greater good of your people and not in vain? Men die, thats what we're here for.

Hold your hand in the fire of your stove, increase your exposure time with each subsequent attempt.
I'm interested in self injury to increase pain tolerance, I used to let my sister whip me with a stick when I was a kid for this purpose. However I've heard from a few different sources that exposing yourself to excessive pain will backfire on you, and actually make your nerves in that area (or perhaps all over, I don't remember the specifics) more sensitive to pain. If anyone has some insight into this I'd like to know very much.

September 26, 2011, 04:15:00 PM
If there is something to die for I will know if the moment comes, but I will not risk dying or being handicapped just to become tough. Plus my mom would be really sad.