Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deicide like bands

Deicide like bands
September 28, 2011, 01:04:26 AM
I want some satanic death metal like Deicide. Suggest some bands.

Re: Deicide like bands
September 28, 2011, 03:34:56 AM
Luciferion's first is decent Deicide worship, but really meat 'n' potatoes compared to the real deal.

One of the things that really makes classic death metal shine is that the bands were totally unique: From Asphyx to Demilich to Morbid Angel to Suffocation, all have totally individual identities: different sound, different methods of composing, different attitudes and aesthetics. But all united in "spirit".

Metal died when people decided it's best just to ape the bands who defined the genre.

September 28, 2011, 06:06:22 PM
Try Pink Frothy AIDS. I heard their Morningrise album is satanic.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

September 28, 2011, 06:29:19 PM
I want some satanic death metal like Deicide. Suggest some bands.

Mortem, Incantation, Sadistic Intent, old Morbid Angel (Abominations and Altars), old Vader (kinda)

None of these bands are as explicit as Deicide but I'm assuming you're not looking for a carbon copy but you're looking for "other satanic death metal" and named Deicide as an example.

If you can stand melodic death metal then Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence is highly recommended.

Also Impaled Nazarene unless you're allergic to anything related to black metal.

September 28, 2011, 06:43:25 PM
i'm in fact slightly partial to things related to black metal.

thankyou Mindtraveller, WAAAAAAGH! and Umbrage.

September 28, 2011, 07:38:44 PM
Deeds of Flesh always make me think of Legion.  Check out their page on the DLA.

October 02, 2011, 04:51:05 AM
Sinister's (from Nld) "Hate."

Also, Krallice makes me radikult all over my parents living room.

October 02, 2011, 04:55:02 AM
Good call! I always knew this album reminded me of something else in spite of Sinister's trademark "ceremonious/celebratory" riff style, but I was never able to pin it down.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

October 02, 2011, 11:27:14 PM
Also, Krallice makes me radikult all over my parents living room.

Thank you for using "radikult" as a verb. I died laughing.

For the OP, not only "Hate" by Sinister, but their first three albums.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 10, 2011, 09:13:02 PM

Deeds of Flesh always make me think of Legion.  Check out their page on the DLA.

What made Deicide great was that they fused the Suffocation style percussive death metal with the melodic yet atonal styles of the occult death metal sub-genre.

My recommendation: early Malevolent Creation and Monstrosity.

October 20, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
You probabaly never heard of them, but Sanctum (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sanctum/12846) from Australia are definitely Deicide-esque.
They only released one album before pissing off to play groove-metal, but the one album is worthwhile (if you can deal with shit production).
Though honestly, fuck deicide.

October 23, 2011, 09:32:53 PM
Though honestly, fuck deicide.

Ignore this. Deicide is beyond relevant.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

October 24, 2011, 04:54:12 AM
Slayer is the father. Profanatica is the step-brother.

October 24, 2011, 05:19:46 AM
I find Finnish style black/grind(Blasphemy, Archgoat, Beherit, Empaled Nazarene, Belial, etc) to be very similar in a strange way.

October 25, 2011, 01:11:50 PM
I find Acheron to be proximate to Deicides aesthetic while still very much having their own voice, and a very different song writing technique.
I find Finnish style black/grind(Blasphemy, Archgoat, Beherit, Impaled Nazarene, Belial, etc) to be very similar in a strange way.
I don't know about being similar to Deicide, but the funny thing about "Finnish Style" Black Metal is that it's style is overwhelmingly influenced by Blasphemy, which is a band from clear over in Vancover, BC.